Comcast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,582 Interview Reviews

2.6

Business Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then about a week for on site interview. Some simple questions asked. Nothing really detailed. After took a tour of the facility. One interviewer had been there several year and the other just a couple years. Not really professional either of them.

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Comcast (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by an outside recruiter and they submitted my information to interview for this position at Comcast in Atlanta, GA. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. They were very considerate considering I came from out of town to interview - so they grouped all aspects of the process into one day. I met with 3 BI leads and 1 manager. Each interview was about 45-60 minutes. During this process one of the BI leads tested my technical knowledge and said that he was glad that I represented my technical skills honestly (as apposed to previous candidates).
    The interviews all went well and all agreed that I would be a great fit for the team and role. Although, I did get the impression that they really wanted someone with more day-to-day programming experience (not classroom).

A day or so later the original recruiter contacts me saying that the team loved me and that they know I would be a great addition/would do well, etc - only thing was that they could only offer a position with a max salary of 20k less than my minimum asking salary.

This was irksome to me since I had made my salary requirements very clear when asked (at the recruiter level and when asked directly by Comcast).

The interview experience was standard, no challenging questions or off the wall situations - although my advice to other interviewers (especially if going through a recruiter) is to strongly emphasize your salary requirements and decline to interview if a position does not meet them.

Billing Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Tinley Park, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online and the very next day receive a text and email to set up a phone interview. The recruiter than sent me a email to take an assessment few days later I got a call to attend a group session and have a phone interview. The group session is just going over benefits and about them. I had my one on one interview and than I had a interview with the manager. He told me I will know something within 7 days. Just a waiting process. This interview was Jan 30th so it's only been a day lol

Customer Account Executive - Billing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Lake Worth, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

This process has been the most disorganized mess I never dreamed of. It started with a call from a recruiter from Comcast asking if I was interested in applying. When I told him I was interested he told me he didn't have time to talk for 15 mins to do a phone interview. I then had to literally chase him down on the phone and it took a week and a half to get 15 minutes of his time. All of my resume information he had was totally disorganized, he had no idea what jobs I held, even though on the portal it was clearly laid out. Then he told me he would send me an online assessment. Once again I had to chase him down to get the assessment to me because he never actually sent it. Once I did complete the assessment, which was incredibly lengthy, my application was gone from the portal. I called the recruiter back and he had little explanation for this. Overall this company is a great place to work but whoever is in charge of recruiting for this region needs to be fired. This was a huge waste of my time and my application process was handled very unprofessionally.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for 2 positions. For the first, I was contacted by the recruiter and then had a video interview with the Hiring Manager and another person in the same role, followed by another phone interview with the Hiring Manager which was rescheduled at least 3 times from her side. After that it was total silence . Tried calling and emailing the Recruiter with no response. Finally managed to get her online and was told they would be making a decision by the end of the week, but its been more than 2 months since the start of the process and the position is still open.
    They 'preach' about 'customer experience' - its appalling how they treat candidates.

The experience with the second position was similar. No updates or responses.

Interview Questions

• Questions about leadership style, and other questions like 'tell me a time when ..."   Answer Question

Manager II Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Hudson, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. Spoke about 5 mins and based on the tone of the recruiter I had a feeling that Comcast couldn't afford me. From there on the Sr Director (hiring manager) handled the scheduling. Met with a Senior Manager, Sr Director and VP face to face -- my conversations went well and I gave Comcast respect and met in person rather than have a call on phone. They all had 15+ years of experience and seemed reluctant to changing how things were. I knew the CISO of Comcast and the reason I applied for the role was that Comcast was trying to change their whole approach to information security. After meeting with the team, they seemed disconnected and I wasn't even asked a question about new platforms and they couldnt give me any insights on the corporate initiatives. The recruiter called me after two weeks of my third interview and told me that the hiring manager is going ahead with the top 2 candidates and I am not one of them. I would have appreciated if the hiring manager was upfront with me and communicated the same way she did during scheduling and asking for my time. I am pretty sure that I was out of their salary range --between good or cheap they chose the latter.

Interview Questions

• General questions based on resume and comcast's infrastructure.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson Center, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Comcast (Hudson Center, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

Comcast makes you spend over an hour on their assessments ,does not provide feedback then calls you years later, not caring what you have had to do to survive. Then you think the interview went well and the backstabbing interviewer gives you deceitful feedback and the recruiters keep you hanging. This company does NOT give a damn about good people whio can do a great job for them.

Interview Questions

• What have you done for the community. I answered at least 10 items but the interviewer apparently could care less   Answer Question

Tech I Service Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Naperville, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by a panel interview. The phone interview is with a the HR representative which is basically a screener. The in person was a panel interview with three people. It was lengthy, almost 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a teammate was struggling and what did you do to help them?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast in January 2017.

Interview

Process from time application submitted until called for interview about 3 weeks. Phone interview followed by interview with Market manager. Typical behavior based questions. Left interview with expected follow up in 7 to 10 days either way and no communication since. I guess I should have expected that when initial expectations were for employee impact and engagement but when I asked about success in role the only response for measure was being at the top of sales leader board.

Installation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Bridgeport, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online in early December and was contacted for an interview in January. Interview was with Local Manager, an HR Rep and a Manager from another area. Typical panel interview questions. Interview went well and I was told that I would be notified either way. It was explained that it if you were the chosen candidate, it would be a long process and that "No news is good news". Must be "Really good news" because it is now March and I have never heard another word from Comcast.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being available on your time off?   Answer Question