Comcast Interview Questions in Jacksonville, FL | Glassdoor

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inbound Sales Representative (CAE) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who thought I would be a good fit for the position. I did a phone interview, and then online assessment. My recruiter informed me that I'd passed the assessment and that I would be hearing from a hiring manager. Scheduled an interview. Went to the informational session with about 25 other recruits and then six or so supervisors called each person individually for their one on one interviews. I passed the first interview and met with the managers, manager the same day. Now I'm waiting on the final decision?

Interview Questions

• Mock Call: Customer Callinh To Set Up Services With Comcast   1 Answer

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online which included a mini assessment. I then received a call from a recruiter to set up my over the phone interview. I received my over the phone interview the next day or so. The call lasted about 30 minutes. I was given the start date which was almost 2 months out from the day of the call.

Once the over the phone interview was complete i was instructed to complete another assessment and listening activity which can only be performed on Internet Explorer. They will inform you to download it or go to the library. Once my second assessment was completed i received a follow up call letting me know i had passed. She then set me up with a face to face interview.

When i arrived for the face to face i was directed into a large break room with 25 to 35 other people . We waited about 15 to 20 minutes where we were met by the scheduler who then took us all down a back hall and into a show room. In this room we were greeted by 6 or 7 supervisors and we all took a seat in 2 or 3 rows. They began a presentation in which each supervisor took a turn reading important information off the power point. After that was complete we were told to sit tight.

Each supervisor then grabbed a folder which included a resume and questions for the candidates they would be bringing onto their own team. The face to face interview is going to be with your newly assigned supervisor if you are hired. I was then taken upstairs to the sales floor where i completed my one on one interview. I was suppose to then complete another one on one with his manager but was told i did so well i did not need to do a second interview. I was then walked downstairs and informed a recruiter would contact me with the next steps i would need to take in the hiring process. About a week later i got a call informing me that Comcast would like to extend my preliminary.

I then was sent an email on how to complete my background and drug screening. Once they were both complete which took another week for results.. i received another email, this time it was my official offer to join Comcast inbound sales department. I accepted ! I am now currently patiently waiting for my start date !!

**I was informed that 3 out of the 25-35 people at the interview were chosen to move forward. Comcast is VERY strict on professionalism. Make sure your hair is comber ( no excessive colors or hairstyles) make sure your clothing attire is professional and acceptable in a fortune 500 call center environment. Don't forget to brush your teeth , you will be ONE on ONE ! Also make sure your shoes are not falling apart , ladies if you're going to wear makeup make sure its not too much. You are not trying out for the circus. Guys make sure your shirt is tucked in. And last but not least NO strong perfumes or colognes. You can say ALL the right things in the interview but if you are not at least 80% professional in all about aspects , they will choose someone who is !! Speak when spoken too, try not to over talk yourself out of the job!**

Dont get discouraged, wake up early give yourself some time to get ready. Walk in there with your head up and be confident. Youll do great ! Good luck !!

Interview Questions

• Questions about overcoming objections and dealing with difficult customers. You will need to know all 4 Comcast services and probing questions for selling these services.   1 Answer

Priority Bulk Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

It's a lengthy process but they are excellent at communication and the interview is all about having confidence in yourself and you'll get through it they really don't ask to many job specific questions

Interview Questions

• How would you turn a question about fixing something into a sales call   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was almost like a bunch of school yard bullies trying to get someone to beg for a job. It's like a pyramid where upper management sets high expectations for middle management that's out of reach so they then bully a candidate into showing them how badly you want the job with outdated interview questions, a panel interview, and rhetoric.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      What would your supervisor say about you?
      Why do you want to work here?
      It's outdoor sales can you handle the heat?
      Sell me something?
      Describe a time when you convinced someone to do something they didn't want to do?   1 Answer

Comcast as a whole is a terrible company to work for both in the way they treat their customers and prospective employees. I was contacted by a recruiter yet it felt as if it was the other way around. The entire hiring process was genetic, scripted and very phony (like buying a used car from a dishonest salesman).
    The Comcast recruiter was nice, but an amateur which may be a result of a poor company culture. Unless you've been in sales and love the idea of earning a living by deceiving the public into getting products/services they don't need decline this job offer!

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after I had applied online. After the initial call I was sent an assessment to complete. I completed the assessment and the recruiter called back to do a phone interview. Once that was complete he said someone will contact me to set up an interview face to face. Maybe a day later another recruiter contacted me for my face to face. Went to the face to face and waiting for an update from the recruiter, said I should be contacted by next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to think out of the box to make a sale.   Answer Question

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Was an easy interview. Seemed like they were trying to sell the job more than disqualify candidates. Semed like it was a canned process and they were trained to interview this way.

Interview Questions

• What was the toughest situation where you had to change someones mind.,   1 Answer

Comm Tech II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The entire process is started when you get a call from a recruiter. They ask you if you are interested in working for Comcast, and if you would like to take a test that will look at how fit you are for the position. You then have to take an aptitude test online. It's very similar to the mechanical section of the ASVAB used by the armed services. If that goes well, you will get a callback to set up an interview. A week or so after that you have your interview. If you are hired you get a call back from the same recruiter that initially contacted you. They send you an offer of employment. If you accept, you start training a month or two afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to be ok with making $12 an hour?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

It was the hardest interview Ive ever had. The asked me to step out of the office and when they brought me back in they told me they felt as if I was too over qualified to be in the sales position so therefore I wasn't a good fit. I know I am an excellent sales person and this was the job I wanted so I must have came off a little too strong.

Interview Questions

• If I were a tomato in a bowl of salad what do I tell the person who was about to eat the salad in order to save myself and not have him eat me.   2 Answers

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

A total of three interviews to land the role. first step is phone screen with recruiter then there is a group interview/presentation. then this moves into 1 on 1 interviews and then a possible inteview with a manager

Interview Questions

• Be ready for a behavioral interview focused on sales. know how you would be successful and be able to show a plan of action   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiating

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and then an in-person interview which consisted of a panel that began with a presentation I was asked to prepare. I was asked direct questions on experience rather than situational-type questions-- which is easier for me but can limit the experience that you talk about. Ask the interview about the position so you are clear on their expectations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You have some wiggle room with salary-- not much though.