Comcast Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.7

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online via website. HR contacted for for a phone interview for position A. When interview was scheduled I was told I am also being considered for position B.

Interview Questions

• Asked only about position B.
      When I asked about position A, VP said he has internal candidate in mind.
      What a waste of everyone's time!
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter messaged me in Linked. Had a call with recruiter and asked about my current projects, salary, achievements, goals..etc. Recruiter forwarded my profile to hiring manager. Had a 30 min telephonic conversation with hiring manager. It was a high level discussion. Then they invited me for onsite interview at Philadelphia, PA. There were totally 5 interview sessions at onsite. Interviews started at 11 am and finished at 4 pm. It was bit exhausting to face back to back interviews. I was asked to give brief introduction and about projects in each interview. It was bit boring to tell again and again the same. Many white boarding programs. Be prepared to write programs on white board. Practice programs related to strings, sorting, searching..etc, be prepared to improve your solution and to provide the time complexity of the solution. Big O notations.

Interview Questions

• Write a java program to find out the first three highest numbers of the integer array in descending order. Explain the time complexity of your solution (Big O Notation)   Answer Question
    • Write a program to find out the duplicates in the given list of objects. Explain the time complexity of your solution (Big O Notation)   2 Answers
    • Basic networking questions like explain about switch, hub & router   Answer Question
    • In which networking layer router falls to?   Answer Question
    • Pick a recent project and explain with technical details   Answer Question
    • There are two computers connected to the network. Explain how they communicate each other.   Answer Question
    • What is mac address & IP address?   Answer Question
    • Logic question. Room 1 has three switches and room 2 has threee bulbs. There are no markings mentinoed on the swithes to tell which
         switch belongs to which bulb. Person has to map the switches to bulbs by doing some trick.
         Explain how do you do it. Person can go to Room 2 only once from room 1.
      1 Answer
    • Write a program for the below.
         Input: ab
         Output: ab, ba

Input: abc
         Output: abc, acb, bac, bca, cab, cbc
      Answer Question
    • 9FF, convert this to binary   1 Answer
    • Find out the first occurence of non repeating character in the given string.
          input: teeter
          Output: r
      1 Answer
    • Write a java program to shuffle the deck of cards.   Answer Question

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Straight-forward interview. Did not last more than 30 minutes. The person interviewing me spent a good amount of time explaining the role. As an intern I was asked what career path I had in mind. I asked a few general questions. I was not asked any behavioral or math questions, but keep in mind this was an internship interview.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

This interview was straight forward with questions based off of the resume and questions dealing with how your personality and character. Be sure to know all of the ins and outs of your resume as well as the job description and to be able to go beyond the information given. The interview was pretty straight forward and easy with preparation.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an on campus interview that went relatively well, but email communication before and after was not the best. I ended up not getting an offer (likely due to low GPA). Most comcast reps and employees I met along the way were extremely nice and helpful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Honestly this was a eally strange interview. I got a call from a recruiter at Comcast asking me to list down my skills. After a short discussion she asked me if I would like to fly down to Philadelphia for an interview and that I did not have to pay since they will take care of the flight ticket and an accommodation. I agreed and within a few minutes I got an email with all the details needed and was asked to fly out in two days. I had to randomly take a day off from work to make it for the interview.
    The interview was outright strange. I was told I would speak to 4 of their lead developers when I got there I only talked to two people and no technical questions what so ever. The first guy told me he was not a technical person and asked me a bunch of strange questions not related to development. The other guy was a senior software engineer and he just asked me what I have done and told me he was impressed. I was in the process of meeting the third guy when the secretary randomly showed up and told me the interview was over and I could leave. I really felt like my time had been wasted since I prepared so much for the interview. I guess they offered someone the job in the process and asked the rest of us to leave since they already got someone!!

Interview Questions

• What are your skills. Some basic IQ test and that was it   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Comcast (Mount Laurel, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I found the whole interview process slow and condescending. I spoke directly with the group I would be potentially working with. I didn't get the feeling this would be a pleasant environment. It's possible this manager was under a lot of pressure -- the job involved putting connections together for other large businesses.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past. There were several technical questions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through the University career website and the Career fair. I had an on-campus interview. It lasted for 20 mins. The interviewer was really friendly and the interview felt like a conversation. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. I am currently waiting to hear from them.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

This was a contract position being sourced by Brooksource.

I was contacted by a Brooksource requiter that I had worked with on a previous opportunity at Comcast. After expressing interest my resume was passed along to the hiring manager and an in-person interview was scheduled shortly after. The interview was with both the hiring manager and her manager. It was pretty easy, they mostly asked questions about my background and talked about the role. The interview was about an hour long. About a week and a half later I was contacted again by the Brooksource rep to schedule a second interview. The second interview was with the hiring manager and her counterpart at Comcast, and then the hiring manager and a vendor partner. The first half with the hiring manager and her counterpart consisted mostly of role playing questions. The interview with the vendor partner was about my previous experience. This was a tough interview because the vendor partner dominated the conversation and would not give me space to correct misinterpreted answers or finish asking my question before answering. A week later I was told that the position went to a candidate that the hiring manager had previous experience working with as an MBA intern.

Interview Questions

• Role playing questions based off experiences I could expect to encounter in the role   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Typical interview process. First interviewed on campus then was brought in for an on site interview in the headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. Received and accepted the offer within about a week. Whole process took about 3 weeks.