Comcast Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

2.7

236 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director of Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Radnor, PA).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and got a call from an internal recruiter, who was very pleasant and enthusiastic. I passed the initial phone screen and was invited to do an in-depth phone interview with a peer. I spent about an hour on the phone at this stage, answering technical questions and learning about the role. I was subsequently invited to the next stage. I was asked to do a data science project using a dataset they would supply. In retrospect, I should have refused. I spent several hours building a predictive model and putting a PowerPoint deck together, which I presented to the same person who interviewed me. It started to become clear at this point that the person interviewing me didn’t know as much about the technical content as I did; I felt like I was providing free consulting. I was then invited to an on-site interview. The interview lasted about half a day and included around 10 people. One person on the schedule never showed. In general, I found the interviewers arrogant and not very sophisticated. One person had me go through some old-school thought experiments. In the first, he asked me why there are more escalators going up than down in a typical train station. I answered that one correctly, so he then asked me to estimate the number of light bulbs in Philadelphia. He didn’t like my answer on this one and made me guess about how he preferred to answer the question. With other interviewers I got a lot of questions on the predictive modeling process, ranging from data cleaning and feature engineering to favorite algorithms, preventing model overfit, and managing very large feature sets. My sense was that I knew more and had vastly more practical experience in these areas than anyone interviewing me. Nevertheless, I thought o did a good job of being patient and personable and engaging with the process in a constructive way. I never heard back. It has been a complete waste of time all around. Never again.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a predictive model that has 30,000 features?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for this internship online by submitting my resume. This was an internship position for an data analytics internship. I was asked about ten questions, mostly behavioural ones which was nice.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

First, I had a brief phone screen with a recruiter from another city. Then I had a technical phone interview with one of the managers in my city. Last was an on-site interview, where I was interviewed by about 5 or 6 different people. Most questions were about my background and experience, along with technical questions about Java, algorithms, and general software development knowledge.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen with some moderately difficult Core Java questions. Comcast asked me to come in the very next day for an on-site. The first round seemed to go well, and my interviewers intimated that I had passed and they were going to progress with the next round, but after waiting for the second round to start, the interviewer came back and said that they didn't have anyone available to interview me, and that I should go home and wait for my recruiter to reschedule. This was after I took a day off from my current employer to travel to another city for the interview, on short notice the day after the phone screen. Also, the guy interviewing me kept making offhand comments about how they received late confirmation that I was going to show up from the interview. I literally confirmed the interview an hour after I was asked to come in, after I moved things around with my job to open up time to interview with Comcast. I later learned from my recruiter that they did not give a reason why the interview was abruptly ended, and that they said something along the lines of "they needed someone with more years of testing experience." Mind you, the job description said that they were looking for a Java dev and that QA and test processes would be taught internally. All I can say is that after this experience, I am completely and unabashedly aware of the reason why my internet service sucks, and thank God I don't have cable.

Interview Questions

• Find the lowest prime number in an array.
      Check if a word is a Palindrome.
      Pascal's Triangle
      Check to see if two strings are anagrams.
      Find the lowest/highest number in an array.   Answer Question

Business Process En Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with Recruiter.
    Phone screen with Hiring Manager.
    4 back to back interviews (2 Phone, 2 in person due to availability: 2 Managers, 1 Program Director, 1 Project Manager)

Process was very straightforward and easy. "Talent acquisition" staff was helpful with coordinating all aspects of interview. Final 4 interviews were on site in a conference room pre-booked for the block.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Fort Washington, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone Call from HR rep. Online Test and sales Aptitude test. Formal interview lasted about 1.5 hours. Tough questions and roll playing sales calls. The sales manager was really nice and seemed friendly. the read all the questions from a sheet of paper.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Mount Laurel, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Scheduled a 30 min phone screen through a recruiting agency. Was told by the recruiter that they were looking exclusively for Manual QA Analyst with web service testing knowledge. Phone screen went very well and was simply going over my background as it relates to the job description. Was ask to do a face to face interview at Comcast site in Mt Laurel NJ. Lasted about an hour. Interviewed with my would be direct manager about the expectations that is expected. The only thing that bothered me was that I told them and the agency I was working with was that I did not know automation very well anymore since it has been years since I used it. However it was brought up that I would be using it during my employment. I thought it went very well, and the interviewer said she would be getting back to my agency within 2 days.

Well two days turned into two weeks. Lots of ignored phone calls and emails. Usually means that you are not first choice (even though my recruiter said I was top of list when I talked to her immediately after on site interview). Finally get an email saying they went in another direction. Mine you I turned down other offer waiting for an offer from Comcast because my recruiter gassed my head up. It's not Comcast fault, it's the agency I worked with who was being deceptive. I know what recruiter not to work with now.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I interviewed at Comcast (Phila, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

There were a lot of behavioral interview questions. 'Tell me about a time when...' was a really common theme in most of the questions. There were a decent amount of questions on how you would handle specific situations specific to the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with multiple stakeholders that had differing priorities.   Answer Question

IT Representative II Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Newark, DE) in August 2017.

Interview

Basic Interview Process, Meet with the Supervisor and answer questions. Make eye contact, dress to impress. Have questions to ask after the interview and be engaging, keep calm and take your time answering all the questions successfully.

Interview Questions

• If your given 2 issue to handle, and both customers say there're issue are equally as important how would you determine witch one to do first? How will you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Highly efficient, well organized, and thorough. I was escorted by an HR rep to four different people within the corporate office at various levels (some peer and some very senior).