Comcast Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

After applying online I had a phone interview with an out-of-state Talent Acquisition employee.
 A time was arranged then for an in-person interview with panel of 3 managers.

Interview Questions

• Now that we have talked about your good qualities, tell me about your bad qualities.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I interviewed at Comcast (Phila, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

There were a lot of behavioral interview questions. 'Tell me about a time when...' was a really common theme in most of the questions. There were a decent amount of questions on how you would handle specific situations specific to the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with multiple stakeholders that had differing priorities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Meet with two managers, ask the same questions several different ways. Both Managers were not technically sound in the area. I ask a question that stump them. I knew, I was not getting this job after that. Both seems quite racist.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Lancaster, MA).

Interview

The only interest they have is in how much money you make. If you are a qualified and paid professional, they do not want you. Poor benefits. No clearly defined process for the hiring decision.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Comcast in February 2017.

Interview

I found this job prior to attending a job fair that I new Comcast would attend. I tailored my resume and wrote the specific position and requisition number on the back of my resume before I talked to the recruiter. She said she would pass my resume on to her colleague.

The next day, I received a phone call from the recruitor for this position and he asked basic questions. How I found out about the job. Why I wanted to work at Comcast. He asked for a specific example in my previous experience where I used the skills required of this position. He asked what my availability date was. Finally, he asked what my salary expectations were. He said he would pass my resume to the senior director that would conduct the phone interview.

Two days later, I received a call from the hiring manager to set up a time to do a 1 hr phone interview with the senior director. They sent the job description and the senior director's name for me to review.

The phone interview was pretty straight forward. The interviewer gave a quick background on himself. He asked me to briefly describe my professional experiences. Then he said he would ask questions during the first 45 minutes of the interview and would let me ask questions during the final 15 minutes.

Overall the interview was fluid and conversational. No bizarre questions.

Interview Questions

• what is your 1-3-5 year plan?
      Tell me how you organize your day?
      How do you build trust with your team?
      What does it mean to you to baseline a project?
      Tell me about a time you had to take over someone else's plan?
      What is your definition of a project success?
      what tools do you use to track projects?
      What makes a good meeting?
      how do you deal with uncertainty?
      Why you? Why not somebody else for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Britain, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Comcast (New Britain, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

interview initially thru outside vendor-went on for 3 weeks, several phone interviews,got the call that it was a go and I would be talking to manager via last telephone interview/meet on Friday (2 days later). It was a definite and requested anything that could make the 'pot sweeter for me'. Waited all day, interview never came. Vendor wasn't sure what had happened but told me they had been back and forth about filling position several times. very dissapointing

Interview Questions

• Are there other job offers on the table?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Oakland, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from an internal recruiter about a week later, arranging a phone screen the following week. Two days later the recruiter set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next step would have been an onsite interview. The recruiter was quite candid, acknowledging that another candidate was already at that stage. Ultimately she called me to personally inform me that the other candidate received and accepted an offer.

At every step, the recruiter kept me informed of the process and sought feedback from me about the process. The high-touch engagement by the recruiter really impressed me.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in Comcast?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Tinley Park, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

You get an email from a recruiter, you then speak with a recruiter for screening, you get another email then you speak with interviewer over the phone, you reach out for follow-up, no one responds, you don't get the job, no one provides feedback for a whole month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What type of projects have you done? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

First, I filled a questionnaire online and then after about 2 weeks, I got an email from the recruiter who asked me about my availability for a phone screening. When I replied back, they scheduled a time for conversation over the phone. At the exact time and date, I got a phone call and talked to a very polite and accurate gentleman who asked a few questions regarding my background and the projects that I had completed.

Interview Questions

• Explain about one of your previous projects and tell me what did you do for that project from beginning to the end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process is okay. Who you interview with, and how many, depend on the position that you apply to. The recruiters are horrible. They only do the initial interview, and have other people to do everything else, but they are your point of contact. Trying to get feedback from them, or to answer questions, is very difficult, even when you are interviewing for a position as a current employee. When you are an internal candidate you practically have to set up the interview yourself.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe how you have handled issues that arose during a project you were leading.   Answer Question