Comcast Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comcast (Royal Oak, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial interview process was great, was contacted by a recruiter, had an in person interview a a week later after my phone interview. Then I was told from the recruiter that they were saying really good things about my interview and it "was looking really good!" for me...Then? Nothing, no follow up, no email, nothing. I had sents emails and left 3 voicemails for the recruiter asking if she could confirm if they had denied my candidacy because I had another job that was trying to hire me at the time (of course I didnt tell them this at Comcast) but its been 4 weeks now, and no response or answers whatsoever. I just felt it was really tacky of them to not respond or even give me an answer. Live and learn I guess.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you need to make a year?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sebring, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Sebring, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Took two weeks before I got a interview.first interview was over the phone and second interview was in person.it was a very long interview many questions.the interview went alright questions felt a little repettitive in some cases

Interview Questions

• Sale me anything
      What would be most challenging about the job
      How would you deal with a rude customer
      How did you sale things a prior jobs to compete with competitors   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I met with 2 interviewers and they spent 2 hours telling me about the position and getting to know me. I had to provide a powerpoint prior to the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Corporate person called 2 weeks later, didn't end up getting job. Said they would put me in contact with a local manager but never did. Called to follow up and did not get a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Edina, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Multi Phase HR Recruiters that seemed to be out of touch with what Comcast was looking for and when they would be hiring. Compared with Comcast already slow internal hiring.

Interview Questions

• Questions About Sales experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

Exchanged emails, set a time and did a phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (West Palm Beach, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

The management was upbeat but not demanding or stressfull

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work independently in the field?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (Morgan Hill, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

A staffing firm set this up for me and they said I needed to do Comcast's application as a formality. SO the next morning as I am getting ready for the interview I get a rejection from Comcast for the position. I call the agency and she was not really on the ball at all, and just said to still go it must have been a "mix up". I was reluctant to go as it was almost 45 minutes away. I get there 20 minutes early and sat there for almost an hour and when "Mr. Sam" finally came out he just pointed to me and fingered me to come over , no introduction or nothing, I had to ask him for his name, REALLY unprofessional. They then had me do a mock call selling their products, which took like a minute or two. I mean I could have done that from my dang couch. The other girl who was there interviewing with me said that she didn't even study (and I did) and she got the formal interview (she didn't meet with Mr. Sam) and she mentioned that she had friends that worked there and they said it was an extremely stressful job. Guess things happen for a reason.

Interview Questions

• Customer calls in wanting internet and cable.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

At first I originally interviewed over the phone with comcast, and declined to go any further. About a month or so later I received a call from h.r. again asking if I was still interested. I figured I'd give it a shot. It took about a month for them to set a date for an interview. There were about 25-30 people that showed up. I don't know who they called, but I guess some people don't know what dress professional means.
       So, we had a very brief information session about 20 minutes. The big hype was free cable and internet. Okay, granted a nice perk. But seriously it's only cable, some people need to relax about it.
      They talk about averaging $20 per hour, and making approx. $40k per year. It doesn't add up at their 32 hour work week. What they don't tell you over the phone is that they HIGHLY encourage you to also work Sundays. That's 16 hours Sat, and Sun., for $40k that's ridiculous, and the only mathematical way to make $40k a year at $20 per hour. FYI, the base pay is $5 an hour, that a joke in itself.
       Next I had an interview 1 on 1 with a supervisor. It went very well. I was told to wait about a half hour or so, as I did. I then interviewed with all three supervisors at once. This was kind of a joke. It only lasted about 7 minutes and their big thing was, "sell me a pen" so I did. I was told I would be contacted within a week and be informed of a decision. I never received a call. I am not upset about not getting the job, especially because it won't even really cover my bills, and the hours are kinda ridiculous for that pay. What I didn't like is that the h.r. rep called me almost once a week for about two months to get me interested and stay enticed, and they didn't even have the courtesy to do a follow up phone call or email to say thank you, but we've choose someone else. Instead they did nothing. Very unprofessional. If they called tomorrow I wouldn't take the job if they offered it for more money.
      I have over 10 years experience in sales and have made a decent living at it. The only reason I interviewed with comcast is because the market hasn't been so good in certain industries and am currently seeking employment to pay may bills, I thought this would be an okay temporary job.

Interview Questions

• sell me a pen   1 Answer
    • what type of animal would you consider yourself to be   1 Answer