Comcast Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Details in job listing has little to do with software development tools/process but was still marked as "software engineer internship". Applied. Got a on-campus interview in November 2016. There were two 30 mins interviews. One technical and one behavior from HR. There were two engineers at technical interview who gave me literally fizzbuzz and asked me what was a hashmap and then some small debugging questions in c. No standard data structures/algorithm codings involved. For behavior interview, the HR lady asked me the normal "what is your strengths and weaknesses" "why do you like our company". Overall, interview process was weird and non-challenging; there were very little technical differentiator involved. It felt more like a corporate formality.

Residential Install & Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email saying that I was selected for an interview over the phone, they sent me a link to schedule according to my own times. The day of the interview the call was on time, and the recruiter was extremely helpful, nice and very polite and clear. I enjoyed talking to her. I was asked several technical questions and customer service experience and she let me talked freely and was very careful of what I had to say. I passed the 1/3 parts of the hiring process and got a link for the online assessment. It is pretty straight forward and logical, but you do not get overconfident, time is a killer. Study for it and PREPARE.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to maintain a safety environment?
      How do you deal with an angry customer?
      Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

They called me and asked me to describe my resume. I went step by step, and They told me that my resume was good but lacked focus, which is true. I ended up being emailed that they weren't going to move me to the next phase two business days after that.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with your run of the mill STAR formatted questions. When in for a face to face where I was further explained the role of the position. All in all a relatively easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to use previous experience to deal with a unhappy customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

You apply online, have a simple phone interview with basic customer service and sales questions, if you get passed on to the next step you do a interview with management at the location you are applying at. Same types of questions but more pressure. They judge on first impression, make sure you dress up and bring resumes.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your greatest accomplishments?   1 Answer

CAE II Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The process was fast from application to hire in and start of training. I picked up an application, filled it out, returned it. I was called the next day for a phone interview. I came in the next day for an interview in person, took aptitude tests and was sent for drug testing. I started training the following week.

Interview Questions

• I Had to Verbally walk the interviewers through a process on a subject with which they are unfamiliar.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. They offer and you accept or reject.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

They ask behavioral questions about growing business and dealing with direct report opportunities. Comcast is big on Coaching, Huddles, and One on Ones. Its not about metrics coaching its about behavioral coaching.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to hold rep accountable for giving a poor customer experience?   Answer Question

Comm Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Submitted my resume online and received a call in about a week for a phone interview that lasted a few minutes and then asked to come in for a 1:1 interview.
    1:1 interview was simple and stress-free. Contacted later on that day for a drug test and started a week later.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your biggest problem with customer service is?   Answer Question

Communication Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Received a recruitment email. Filled out the assessment and application. Setup a call for a phone screen that asked basic HR questions. Make sure you sound available, that is huge. Your information is forwarded to the local office. If they liked the what they see from the phone screen, they will call you and setup an in-person interview. The in-person interview was fairly straightforward. Sat down with three supervisors that were there to mainly gauge personality (are you friendly, can you take a joke, do you fit in when their culture, and if you have strong drive and ethics), skills, and whether you can do what is expected of you (climbing ladders, going into crawl spaces, working near powerlines, etc.). They could tell if you are lying or not. Just be genuine and true. If it's not for you, then it's not for you.

Interview Questions

• Can you climb a 28 ft. ladder? Can you lift the ladder without assistance? Are okay to drive a long van? Have you driven a large vehicle before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. This is what it is. Take it or leave it.

Customer Account Ececutive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, phone presentation, 2 formal intwrviews