Comcast Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

2.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Series of panel interviews - five total. Very intense process - unconventional and lengthy. Follow up from interviewing and hiring manager was inconsistent. Communication was lacking. Salary range for position was substantially lower than market value.

National Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Called by a Comcast recruiter. Unfortunately, there was not a fit. My background was 15+ years in the industry, and we uncovered that the position was not at my experience nor compensation level. I chose not to continue with the interview!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Details in job listing has little to do with software development tools/process but was still marked as "software engineer internship". Applied. Got a on-campus interview in November 2016. There were two 30 mins interviews. One technical and one behavior from HR. There were two engineers at technical interview who gave me literally fizzbuzz and asked me what was a hashmap and then some small debugging questions in c. No standard data structures/algorithm codings involved. For behavior interview, the HR lady asked me the normal "what is your strengths and weaknesses" "why do you like our company". Overall, interview process was weird and non-challenging; there were very little technical differentiator involved. It felt more like a corporate formality.

Client Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was the most negative experience with a company I have ever had. First they e-mailed me that they will not continue to interview me as the position is filled(It was a system generated mail). Then shortly they mailed me that they are still interviewing me for other position, but did not bother to describe the new position, when asked for it, the reply made me think if they are interested! And the interviewer clearly pushed me to not to be hired. The job description included 3+ experience in Java and strong Object Oriented programming but more front end questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Front end questions, behavior questions, reverse a string   Answer Question

Residential Install & Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email saying that I was selected for an interview over the phone, they sent me a link to schedule according to my own times. The day of the interview the call was on time, and the recruiter was extremely helpful, nice and very polite and clear. I enjoyed talking to her. I was asked several technical questions and customer service experience and she let me talked freely and was very careful of what I had to say. I passed the 1/3 parts of the hiring process and got a link for the online assessment. It is pretty straight forward and logical, but you do not get overconfident, time is a killer. Study for it and PREPARE.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to maintain a safety environment?
      How do you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

They called me and asked me to describe my resume. I went step by step, and They told me that my resume was good but lacked focus, which is true. I ended up being emailed that they weren't going to move me to the next phase two business days after that.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from Talent Acquisition Manager. She asked soft-skill questions and general questions regarding Web services and Linux. I then followed-up with her and she scheduled me for another phone interview, this time with the Support Operations Manager. He asked detailed questions regarding Web services and my relevant experience. I knew it was a long shot getting the position as I have zero Web experience, but I wanted the interview experience.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Comcast recruiter contacted me about the position. I was deferred to a different recruiter since thePlatform is a subsidiary of Comcast. That recruiter phone screened me on experience more so than on knowledge, and referred to the hiring manager for second phone interview.

Second phone interview was an hour long, very technology focused and not very program management focused.

Hiring manager was extremely terse on feedback, often answering "ok" or "ok great", as if to discourage conversation rather than assess my actual interpersonal skills. Knowing the "knowledge is power" paradigm all too well with technologists that feel irrelevant if they possess no unique knowledge, I doubt I would have accepted what promised to be a less than stellar offer.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good microservice?   1 Answer
    • What is my opinion on separating data layers from application layers in a microservice context   Answer Question
    • (Paraphrased) what does cradle to grave look like for a new feature on an existing product.   1 Answer

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with your run of the mill STAR formatted questions. When in for a face to face where I was further explained the role of the position. All in all a relatively easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to use previous experience to deal with a unhappy customer   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and received a response within 2 days. Despite missing her call the first time the recruiter was gracious and rescheduled. When we did connect the recruiter was positive and did a good job selling the company. After a positive conversation the recruiter scheduled a phone meeting with the hiring manager the next week. That call went so-so for me, but the manager was polite and the questions were reasonable. The questions were mostly probing about my experience, fir for the tream with a few technical ones. There was an online coding whiteboard exercise on google docs. The hiring manager must have decided I wasn't a fit for the role because I got a very cold blow off e-mail a couple days later from the initial recruiter. That e-mail turned an overall positive experience into a slightly negative one, but I am rating the overall experience as average since the process was efficient. Still the experience left me sour on the company.

Interview Questions

• Write a method the detects if a string is a palindrome in the language of your choice. Write a test case to test this method. What types of issues would cause problems with this method?   Answer Question