Comcast Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Comcast Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Comcast

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comcast (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, Discussions about what was done in last role, talks about the challenges, technologies used. Straight to technology rather than lot of puzzles.
More interested to know the attitude of the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe challenges of distributed system, How HTTP works, Few cloud questions etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter messaged me in Linked. Had a call with recruiter and asked about my current projects, salary, achievements, goals..etc. Recruiter forwarded my profile to hiring manager. Had a 30 min telephonic conversation with hiring manager. It was a high level discussion. Then they invited me for onsite interview at Philadelphia, PA. There were totally 5 interview sessions at onsite. Interviews started at 11 am and finished at 4 pm. It was bit exhausting to face back to back interviews. I was asked to give brief introduction and about projects in each interview. It was bit boring to tell again and again the same. Many white boarding programs. Be prepared to write programs on white board. Practice programs related to strings, sorting, searching..etc, be prepared to improve your solution and to provide the time complexity of the solution. Big O notations.

Interview Questions

• Write a java program to find out the first three highest numbers of the integer array in descending order. Explain the time complexity of your solution (Big O Notation)   Answer Question
    • Write a program to find out the duplicates in the given list of objects. Explain the time complexity of your solution (Big O Notation)   2 Answers
    • Basic networking questions like explain about switch, hub & router   Answer Question
    • In which networking layer router falls to?   Answer Question
    • Pick a recent project and explain with technical details   Answer Question
    • There are two computers connected to the network. Explain how they communicate each other.   Answer Question
    • What is mac address & IP address?   Answer Question
    • Logic question. Room 1 has three switches and room 2 has threee bulbs. There are no markings mentinoed on the swithes to tell which
         switch belongs to which bulb. Person has to map the switches to bulbs by doing some trick.
         Explain how do you do it. Person can go to Room 2 only once from room 1.   1 Answer
    • Write a program for the below.
         Input: ab
         Output: ab, ba

Input: abc
         Output: abc, acb, bac, bca, cab, cbc   1 Answer
    • 9FF, convert this to binary   1 Answer
    • Find out the first occurence of non repeating character in the given string.
          input: teeter
          Output: r   1 Answer
    • Write a java program to shuffle the deck of cards.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of meeting many team leads, including one head of technology. While the total process felt rushed, disheveled and succumbed to the typical 'big business' mentality, the individuals were more than pleasant and intelligent. They allowed Skype interviews, which they seemed to prefer, but did not make this known through the third-party recruitment agency. No one had any idea why I was there.

Interview Questions

• How to provide a 100% SLA uptime problem with a distributed content delivery system?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (Phila, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Just awful and absolutely zero information given. Interviewer had no interest in actually conducting the interview which I found highly insulting. Needless to say, I didn't get the job nor did I want it.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Littleton, CO) in June 2010.

Interview

I received an initial phone call from a Comcast recruiter. The recruiter's questions were mostly about career interests, salary expectations, when I would be available, etc. I then received a call from the hiring manager. No technical questions, just questions about what I had on my resume. Next came an on-site interview with two other Senior Software Engineers. One asked almost no technical questions, but the other had put together a list of questions that was about two pages long, mostly pertaining to the Java programming language, APIs, and tools. With about 12 years of Java experience under my belt, I sailed right through these.

Interview Questions

• I cannot recall a specific question that stood out as being "most difficult or unexpected", but almost all of the questions could be gleaned from The Java Programming Language or the Java Standard Edition API documentation, for example: "describe the java.util.Arrays class".   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to get the salary and signing bonus up slightly from the original offer, but everything else was standardized and not easily negotiable. For example, I asked for more vacation beyond the standard 10 days that was offered, but was told that such a concession would require the approval of a senior vice-president, and that such approval was rarely given. In hindsight, I think that it would have been possible to get such approval, but it might have taken a long time to get, and who really has the patience to wait for days or weeks once you have an otherwise good offer in hand?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was horrible. The person I was supposed to meet was nowhere to be found and I ended up waiting almost an hour before he arrived. After multiple attempts, they reconfigured a test PC for me, but when I kept struggling with the first question, the person examined my environment and stated that I never would've been successful since multiple firewalls were blocking my access. The last straw was that they knew I was focused on software and wasn't an expert on hardware, but the interviewer drilled me with hard questions about server management and refused to permit me to answer with the known solutions that I was aware of (checking server logs, configuration settings, etc.).

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe what processes happen from initiation to page generation when an incoming URL executes on a server.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called me directly for face to face interview. There were 4 interviews with different level people including directors and Sr. Software engineer. Interviewers were very nice. They have asked relevant questions.

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Cherry Hill, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quite simple, just some core java and shell scripting questions. Initial round was a phone screening followed by a skype call taken by 2 people. Which is later followed with a Manager and HR round. process was quite smooth and clear. Overall good company with helping people but not such good in terms of technology

Interview Questions

• Good company with helping people but not such good in terms of technology   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief Phone Interview With HR,
    Technical Screen with a member from the team,
    An interview at the site which had 4 Technical interviews one after another without a break.
             One machine test where you have to code a problem with a person monitoring you.
             White boarding for all the rest of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Experience in Hadoop, Design Pattern, Pascal Triangle, Many to Many Concept in Database, Scala experience, Binary Search tree Parsing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

1 hr phone screen with 3 engineers followed by 2 hr in-person interview with 2 engineers, a mgr and a director. They asked a lot of Java related questions, 1 situational question, then had me present my favorite project I worked on, then the director presented their system architecture.

Interview Questions

• questions about design patterns I've used, difference between TCP and UDP, how to communicate between a producer and a consumer thread, how to instantiate threads, how to do a Singleton pattern. How to handle difficult situation with co-worker.   1 Answer