Comcast SportsNet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Comcast SportsNet Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.6

Digital Media Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comcast SportsNet in October 2016.

Interview

It was about a 45 minute phone interview that was more like a conversation. My interviewer made everything really comfortable. I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Comcast SportsNet.

Interview

Very Easy. Emailed my resume and cover letter. The next day they called to set up an interview. Went downtown for a 15 minute interview asked who I am, educational background, and my work experience and they said they will follow up. Thought the interview went well but never heard from them. Very unprofessional.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

After filling out the application I was quickly notified that they were interested in an on-site interview. Scheduled the interview and during it they asked basic interview questions. Overall it was a good experience.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Comcast SportsNet (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

-Went over personal resume and discussed job details.
    -One on one, very easy and very nice interview.
    -Talked about sports knowledge, which is important for position.
    -Very comfortable Interview.
    -Quick response after the interview.

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast SportsNet.

Interview

3 interviews, one was a tour of the facility. It was state of the art and very nice. Unfortunately I was told I came in second place. All in all a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast SportsNet (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone call a few weeks after submitting application. Set up Skype interview (in-person if you live in Bay Area, I think). General questions + Bay Area sports quiz. Never clearly told me I got it but eventually I emailed & they confirmed I was hired (as intern). Interview followed script but other communication was a little shaky (they are busy)

Interview Questions

• Name 5 players on San Jose Sharks team (sports questions probably change each semester)   Answer Question

Negotiation

The person in charge of internship changes (they rotate, I think) but my Supervisor was very open to working with your school/work schedule. You won't be paid but you have to get "college credit" so they usually allow you to work/go to classes also. Prepare to work mostly nights (there are day shifts but more interns needed for nightly shows)

Associate Producer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast SportsNet.

Interview

The interview process is mostly useless. Upper management tends to higher those who are family members/friends of local sports personalities or current CSN employees. If you're looking for a fair process and an actual opportunity to live out your career goals stay away from CSN (specifically Bay Area)

Intern Interview

Interview

Sent in resume and cover letter, was contacted for an in-person interview. Interview lasted only 20 minutes though I had prepared for at least an hour long interview. Was contacted a few weeks later to tell me I had gotten a position on their street team.

Interview Questions

• There weren't very many questions, so the most difficult was just "tell me about yourself" - most others were just follow ups about my resume.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast SportsNet (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted on the phone to set up an interview. Went into the office for the interview and it was super uncomfortable. The manager was stuck up and a know it all. I definitely didn't feel like I was interviewing for an entry level position. He was more interested in my sports knowledge than the job specific experience that I have on my resume. I don't even think he looked at my resume to be honest. I think he was just simply trying to meet an interview number protocol.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all Philly sports specific. Expect to know things like the Phillies starting lineup and be able to tell the future of the Eagles team. Only a couple of relevant questions about my TV production experience were asked.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comcast SportsNet.

Interview

Got an interview through a connection. Interview consisted of a few behavioral questions and then a 15 question quiz on bay area sports.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any person's job for one day who would you be?   1 Answer