Comcast Spotlight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight (Wayne, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Recruiter from Comcast called me and asked general questions about why comcast? Your work authorization and expected salary. Then she scheduled phone interview with hiring team. It was basic OOPS questions followed by SQL questions. They asked me to come in for F2F round at Wayne, PA. F2F round was setup for 1 hour 30 minutes. It was whiteboard interview from beginning to end. One interviewer was having lunch.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Session and No session in ASP.NET?   Answer Question
    • Design classes to show relationship between Employee, Contractor & Manager. Also calculate compensation amount. Employee is on fixed salary. Contractor is on hourly rate.   Answer Question
    • Write a program to determine prime number.   Answer Question
    • Database question - Get top 2 salary from each group.   Answer Question
    • Create tables and defines relationship for three feeds.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

There was not a specified HR manager. The interview consisted mainly of personality analysis and two interviews where the personnel talked "at" me rather than "to" me. Team members did not seem prepared to interview candidates or to answer questions regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• What was my reason for seeking employment.   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

None of the ladies I interviewed with could give a clear understanding of the role or its expectations. They had a few different phone calls and one online interview. I asked several questions and they were just looped around with no clear answer.

Senior Traffic Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight.

Interview

Two rounds. Round one was with 2 supervisors. Round 2 was with two supervisors and one manager. I have worked with all of these people. I had 3 years more experience than the other candidates. They ask so many questions! Like you were applying for a VP position.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakest trait?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight.

Interview

Multiple interviews with varying levels of management. The company was in the middle of a reorg. Interview questions were pretty standard. I was told that the current culture is a bit challenging.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach personnel changes in a challenging environment?   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight (Jackson, MS) in May 2017.

Interview

There were so many behavioral questions. Although I prepared, the way the questions were worded was very confusing and caused me to get nervous. I had too much anxiety to feel that I did well in this interview.

Client Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Do not apply for Comcast Spotlight if you need a job right away. The interview process takes forever.
    I sent my resume and almost 2 months later got a phone interview. The interview is full of behavioral questions and it takes about 30 min. Not very difficult.
    One week after the interview I checked the status of my application online where it changed from "We received your application" to "We looking forward to speak with you." So I was pretty happy I pass for the second round. One month later, I received an email asking if I would complete a survey. The survey was just about race, disabilities and veterans. 3 weeks after I complete the survey I received an email from the recruiter who interviewed me over the phone saying that they decided to move forward with a different candidate.
    So yes, I pass for the second round of the interviews, but apparently they changed their mind and did not even give a chance for me to be there in person.
    Ps. in case you are wondering, I am considered hispanic/latino, even though I have a "white name". So if you are applying and you are not Caucasian I don't recommend you to take the voluntary survey. Because It seems more than a coincidence that they dropped my application right after they found out about my race.

Local Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guilford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight (Guilford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

4 step interview. Manager did not communicate with HR, was getting conflicting information from manager and HR Person. During interview they said they wouldn't allow me to fail because if I succeed they succeed, but didn't hold up their end of the bargain. Will lie to you to get you in the door. 4 step process will have their own workers in the interview which is pointless because they are part of the same team you are hired to work on. Made me drive an hour to my final interview with the director of sales even when he has an office where I was applying. They will not inconvenience themselves only you. The hassle of the interview is not worth working for them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Various Sales Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application even if you are contacted directly by the Hiring Manager. HR phone interview. If you have not spoken to anyone prior to the HR phone interview, my experience is that while the interviewers were encouraging, they didn't know much about the position and did not follow up, so I rarely got to the Hiring Manager. If I had already spoken to the Hiring Manager prior to the online application, it is a gruelling process of 8-12 interviews. It is important to for both parties to have a good understanding of the potential, so I'm a fan of a long process to fully understand the culture and people I would be working with. However, ultimately in every case, the company chose candidates from within the organization. Sadly, I also note that I rarely received a courtesy call to let me know that someone else was hired and that was only after I followed up repeatedly.

Interview Questions

• Standard perfunctory questions with HR, friendly with Hiring Manager, and gruelling when you get to the 360 interviews. Persistent questions about previous manager, previous salary, weaknesses, etc. are hot buttons.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bingham Farms, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight (Bingham Farms, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was referred for the role by a former colleague. I had one in-person interview with the hiring manager followed by a phone interview with two other managers. I was told I would have an update by the end of the month, and never received any feedback, despite reaching out to the manager.