Comcast Spotlight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.8

Various Sales Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application even if you are contacted directly by the Hiring Manager. HR phone interview. If you have not spoken to anyone prior to the HR phone interview, my experience is that while the interviewers were encouraging, they didn't know much about the position and did not follow up, so I rarely got to the Hiring Manager. If I had already spoken to the Hiring Manager prior to the online application, it is a gruelling process of 8-12 interviews. It is important to for both parties to have a good understanding of the potential, so I'm a fan of a long process to fully understand the culture and people I would be working with. However, ultimately in every case, the company chose candidates from within the organization. Sadly, I also note that I rarely received a courtesy call to let me know that someone else was hired and that was only after I followed up repeatedly.

Interview Questions

• Standard perfunctory questions with HR, friendly with Hiring Manager, and gruelling when you get to the 360 interviews. Persistent questions about previous manager, previous salary, weaknesses, etc. are hot buttons.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with Gary for b2b opportunity very professional clear conscise He described the differences between b2b and spotlight and the challenges in the Annapolis area versus the eastern shore the overview of the compensation package and the expectations. The processes and goals were reviewed

Interview Questions

• what am I looking for in a position   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight.

Interview

I submitted my resume online, about two months later received a Phone interview first, then met with the manager, received an email to do Skills testing, then asked if I would submit to a drug testing and background check. When those where completed, I received a call from the manger offering me the job, then received the offer letter. The whole process took a long time.

Interview Questions

• What my experience was to prepare me for the position.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had one initial phone interview. Then a week later they asked me to come in for an in person interview --- me and 2 managers. A couple days after the in person interview they brought me back in and offered me the job. It was a four week process from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Is it okay to tell a white lie. What was the last book you read. What motivates you. What is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.   Answer Question

Marketing and Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight (Quincy, MA).

Interview

First step was a in person interview with the direct boss. The second step was being called in for a second interview with the whole team. I spoke with everyone from director to entry level. Easy going more just seeing your personality and if the whole team agrees on the hire. Then had to turn in a project for them showing my skills and what I can do for the company. Then the morning after turning my project I got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager. The recruiter passed me off to a scheduling coordinator who was unable to follow up effectively. i was left reaching out to the recruiter to provide my available days/times and eventually confirming the agreed upon day/time.

I would encourage Comcast to dive deeper into candidates background so that the in person interview with the hiring manager is effective.

Interview Questions

• The initial phone screen was all of 3 questions: start date, salary requirements, and if I had a non compete agreement in place.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an in-person interview. Pretty casual, but professional. Positive overall experience. Mostly questions on handling objections and about my past jobs. They seem to have a great workplace environment, and I would definitely recommend the company to anyone else.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight in December 2015.

Interview

2 interviews in person.

1 with the hiring manager, 1 with HR

1 week or less later received a verbal offer from the hiring manager, then the next day received the official verbal from the recruiter. Letter arrived the next week.

Started 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• Where do you eventually want to end up in the company? What is your ideal position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave a range of what I expected before the interview phase began. They met my expectations

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was essentially easy. Just applied online and the next week received a call for an initial phone interview. After the phone interview, a week later was another phone interview. After that was the actual interview in person at their downtown office. Very easy process.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight (Dearborn, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and the hiring manager was great. They followed through and time and gave me ample opportunities to receive this position. The interview was one on one and they didn't ask that many questions. They were simple.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question