Comerica Credit Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Comerica Credit Analyst Interview Questions

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Process was about a month. Character questions (about 130) phone interview with HR (Tiffanie was awesome) and a half day interview at Comerica Dallas office. Amazing company, culture, and management!

Interview Questions

• Tell me the effects on the BS, IS, and SCF if you purchase equipment.   Answer Question

Received a higher offer from another company.

Other Interview Reviews for Comerica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

had to do an online assessment, then was invited to the Comerica HQ in Dallas (I already lived in Dallas, so no experience with travel). The interview itself was 1:1 and was both behavioral at the start and went into more technical, finance and risk stuff towards the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

First there is a 45 minute telephone interview. Asks various questions about financial statements, 7 C's of credit, what type of documents you would ask for when interviewing for a loan. Second- 5-6 hour interview at main office. You interview with various different people in different areas of the company. You have the opportunity to ask questions to two candidates who are in the program and discuss their experiences, you are then interviewed by 5 or 6 relationship managers in different fields (energy commercial, etc). Big negative for me, I received an email stating there was positive feedback and the recruiter would be in touch soon. 2 weeks later I find out I was not accepted for the position. Gave me a horrible attitude towards the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What are the three types of inventory?
      Many questions about financial statements, ratios, and given scenarios on what to look for.
      Tell me about your childhood?
      Why Comerica?
      What drew you to this position? Why did you apply for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comerica (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. Go through your resume and ask you to explain the job you have done. Describe a challenge you have faced and what a failure experience. A mini case study, if a new customer asks Comerica Bank a large amount loan, what you should do, what financial ratios you need to use to evaluate the new customer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have faced and what a failure experience. A mini case study, if a new customer asks Comerica Bank a large amount loan, what you should do, what financial ratios you need to use to evaluate the new customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comerica (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on campus, went through first round interview with a senior manager. Very pleasant experience with few technical questions and mostly behavioral questions. Try to do some research prior to coming into the interview, as the interviewer may ask for preference in which group/team you would want to work for.

Interview Questions

• How to valuate a company for possibility of default   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Comerica (College Station, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a full time position as a Credit Analyst at Comerica Bank. The interview was at my school's Career Center (this was for my first full time position out of college). The interview had both technical and behavioral type questions. I thought I did very well in the interview, but I never heard back from Comerica, despite my attempts to contact them after the interview to follow up. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a company's financial statements and said "you have 10 minutes to decide whether or not to give this company a loan, what would you do?"   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Comerica.

Interview

I applied through an on-campus resume drop. The interviewer started off by asking if I had any questions which was strange. Then she proceeded to ask a few HR questions (location, Pay, etc). Finally she started asking questions of a form and filling my answers. A couple behavioral but mostly technical.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through financial statements? What ratios do you use to determine lending? What do information do you need from a client before you can lend?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comerica (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. Made it to the next round, and that was a half day interview. Different stages with different interview rounds. Included a lunch interview. Was in with a group of 3 other people. The last stage was a one on one interview of grilling analytical questions.

Interview Questions

• They would ask a series of questions and ask you to tell them what the effects would be on a balance sheet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comerica (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I met comerica at the career fair and applied through the university career center. The whole process took about 7 days. During the interview they ask 50 percent behavioral questions and 50 percent technical questions. They want to know how good you are with the financial statements and of you can analyze them and knowing which statements affect if you are borrowing or lending money!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Commerce came on campus and talked about their program. I interviewed on campus and then got called back for a final round on site interview. I would not suggest going through the interview process with them. It was like pulling teeth to have the HR make a decision. I started the process in January and after many email updates I finally found out mid April. I would not suggest this if you need an answer in a normal length of time.

Interview Questions

• Different questions about which financial statement I would pick, ect.   Answer Question