Comerica Credit Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Comerica Credit Specialist Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online 4/21
Phone screening 4/26 - Talent Acquisition Specialist. Asked employment history questions, basic accounting questions, and problem resolution questions.
Face to face 5/4 - Manager/ Senior
30 min one on one with each person. Also asked employment history, basic accounting questions, and work preference questions (group/ individual) (same task/ changing)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Comerica

Credit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica.

Interview

I had my initial interview after a week of my application. Questions were pretty basic and some very basic accounting... the recruiter was very nice and very welcoming during initial interview. As for the final interview, it went pretty good as well, nothing surprising. The interviewers were pretty nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you know about the company?
      Where do you see yourself 5 yrs from now?
      Etc...
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the credit specialist position and within a month I received a phone call requesting an interview. At the end of the phone screen I was asked if it was ok if my information was passed along to other credit specialist positions since there were a few positions in other departments available.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Comerica? What are some examples of assets and liabilities? What is the difference between a balance sheet and an income statement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers. Easy flowing interview, not many technical questions. Took about 45 mins all together. Had the impression that I would be getting an offer based on how the interview went.

Credit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comerica.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email after three week to schedule a phone interview. After that three 1 on 1 in person interviews. Also had another phone interview with relationship manager. After a week, received a call from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate but no counteroffer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First interview was with HR consultant. The interview was straight forth with basic questions. Second was at actual worksite with hiring manager. Why do you want to work for our company? Tell me a time when__? We also discussed previous work experience. You will be asked to bring your transcripts to the first interview.

Interview Questions

• There were scenario questions. "Tell me a time when ___ ?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did express concerns over the low pay rate and informed the interviewer of my previous work experience and my current educational status. I was turned down immediately and no effort to negotiate was acknowledged.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Easy. I applied on their website, and got a phone interview about a week later; they asked basic accounting questions and a few personal ones. They then scheduled a face to face interview with the group I was to work in, and I got interviewed by 3 other people in the group. I later got a call with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic accounting questions; strength and weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee and applied online. Received a phone call from the office's manager and was asked mostly about my resume and why Comerica. Was brought into the office to meet with the manager and other employees. Very unstructured. Mostly just went over my resume and transcript again. The manager also tried to gauge what I knew about commercial lending. I was asked to submit a writing sample. Supposed to have a phone call with HR, but the rep missed two scheduled appointments. Was eventually told an offer would be forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• If I look at your transcript, what am I going to find?
      Can you submit a writing sample?
      What do you know about credit analysis and commercial lending?
      1 Answer

I didn't feel that it was a good fit for me.

Credit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica.

Interview

Phone interview follow by 1 on 1 interview with three different individuals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Initial call was Phone Interview with HR. They go over your resume, experience, college courses (accounting), etc. I was asked about the basic accounting equation (A = L + C) and then some more basic accounting questions.

If you pass, they will schedule an Interview date.

I had one interview with 3 different individuals in the organization. Back to Back to Back.

Then I was called back and I was told I did well and offer me a job offer.

Background check was rigorous and took 2 weeks. A third party does the background check, which includes a drug test. The job offer is contingent on your passing the background check

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable. In line with what HR tells you in the phone interviews.