Comerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2018

2.7

Commercial Banking Training Program (Credit Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Comerica (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Decent recruiting experience except the recruiter would take literally almost two months to respond. During our phone interview she seemed very convincing that I would get an interview with the hiring manager and things would move along very quickly. I didn’t hear from her for a month even though I followed up twice. Eventually I got a voice mail from her saying she had a few opportunities with the credit analyst program she wanted to discuss with me about. Unfortunately, I did see the vm until a week later since I was out of the country. By then I had gotten an automated rejection email. Although the recruiter was nice and amicable, I thought it was just rude to ghost you for a month after giving you high hopes you will be moving along the process very quickly. After she left her voicemail, she didn’t even bother to follow up with an email in case I wouldn’t see the phone call. I emailed her right after I heard the vm to apologize and to thank her for the opportunity, but no response.

Interview Questions

• Rate your level of accounting, why San Jose, why Comerica, etc.   Answer Question

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Comerica (San Jose, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online then had 30 minute phone interview with HR. All Behavioral/Resume related then followed with in-office interview which consisted of both technical/behavioral questions. Notified two days later that I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe three types of inventory and what are strengths/weaknesses for each type?   1 Answer
    • Do you look for trends on Income Statement or Balance Sheet when analyzing credit worthiness of a company?   1 Answer
    • Three types of activities on cash flow statement   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone Interview, Followed by an in person interview with five managers at their corporate headquarters. They were rude after the final interview process-- HR did not communicate clearly. Salary offered was much less than market. Declined Offer.

Interview Questions

• What are the three types of inventory?   1 Answer
    • Which type of inventory would the bank want to take as collateral?   1 Answer
    • If you could choose the balance sheet and income statement while analyzing the creditworthiness of a firm, which would you choose and why?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you had to stop a project and come back and finish it later.   Answer Question

Financial Rotational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview was on campus.
    Then I was invited for a second interview at the Comerica tower in down town Dallas. It was great experience. I was interviewed by 6 people at my second interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations with lots of deadlines at the same time?   Answer Question

Commercal Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Auburn Hills, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

There were several interviews both over the phone and in person. From what i heard they dont interview too many people per position. Interviewed with three people back to back to back for the final interview

Interview Questions

• What would you rather use to analyze a credit: a balance sheet or income statement?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica.

Interview

Applied online, two interviews. The first one was wonderful, all questions were answered and had me excited for the possible role. The follow-up interview was with the district manager, felt like a bait and switch on duties. Sure sales are part of the job but going from understanding it comes with time and you have three bankers that deal with at, pushing sales on your only teller is rough and crazy, felt like a let down.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call to do a in person interview. Met with two managers who asked me basic interview questions and behavior based questions it is useful to use the STAR method to answer these questions (situation, task, action, and results).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Describe a situation where you went beyond a customers expectations?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Had a first round interview that was pretty standard (behavioral). They asked some initial technical questions to make sure I was competent. There was nothing that stood out as surprising. Most of the questions I was asked I prepared for from Glassdoor posts.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why banking?
      Q: Why Comerica?
      Q: Why the position?   1 Answer

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comerica.

Interview

first the CFO and then the department manager, one to one interview, about 40 minutes long together, very formal and nervous atmosphere and no jokes, cuz the requirement is not very high, they didn't ask technical questions

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Santa Cruz, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Brief online video interview. Got a phone call within the following week for an offer. Declined because I could not commit to the hours they needed me to work. Did not offer compatible schedule.