Comerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online 4/21
    Phone screening 4/26 - Talent Acquisition Specialist. Asked employment history questions, basic accounting questions, and problem resolution questions.
    Face to face 5/4 - Manager/ Senior
    30 min one on one with each person. Also asked employment history, basic accounting questions, and work preference questions (group/ individual) (same task/ changing)

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I applied online. A couple weeks later I got a phone call from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Then I called the recruiter at the designated time and had a conversation. We mostly talked about my work experience and then the recruiter read the job description a couple of times. It wasn't clear to me that the recruiter was interviewing me for the job I had applied for.

Interview Questions

• When is the earliest you could be available to start with us?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Process took about 4 weeks. During the interview they ask personality questions (i.e. tell me about a time when...) and technical questions. Everyone at I met at Comerica was very professional. Talent acquisitions does an amazing job keeping you in the loop and answers any questions in a timely manner! Definitely a positive experience.

Customer Service Representative/Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Comerica (Chino Hills, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 3 days later received an email for an online interview. The interview was 8 questions. Given 30 seconds to read the question and 3 minutes to answer them.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself
      Why did you choose Comerica?
      If we were to contact your last supervisor, what would he/she say about weaknesses and/or strengths?
      Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Process was about a month. Character questions (about 130) phone interview with HR (Tiffanie was awesome) and a half day interview at Comerica Dallas office. Amazing company, culture, and management!

Interview Questions

• Tell me the effects on the BS, IS, and SCF if you purchase equipment.   Answer Question

Received a higher offer from another company.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

had to do an online assessment, then was invited to the Comerica HQ in Dallas (I already lived in Dallas, so no experience with travel). The interview itself was 1:1 and was both behavioral at the start and went into more technical, finance and risk stuff towards the end.

Quantitative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, then HR called two weeks later (HR is very nice) talk to me about 30minutes and set up a phone interview with hiring manager a week later.

Hiring manager has very strong accent and very hard to listen to.
    Asked me some technical questions, etc.
    This position has really good job description, but when manager informed me the job responsibilities, it is totally different. Anyway, I have another offer and doesn't waste time on this position.

Assistant Branch Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comerica (Orange, CA).

Interview

The interview process was long. Interviewed with the BCM the district and Regional Mangager. The entire interview process took 2 months. Everything is done third party such as fingerprinting and drug testing therefore don't expect the process to go quickly. They also pushed the subject of sales and how important is was for me to " hit the ground running." All three of the individuals wanted to know exactly what my plan was in regards to sales, sales, sales and more sales! I thought I was interviewing for a management position not a banker position. Little did I know that everyone had the same sales goals and they fight over the same clients.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on growing your book of business?   Answer Question
    • How big is your current book of business?   Answer Question
    • They asked me questions they shouldn't ask in an interview that should have been a red flag.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered no more than what I asked for.

Customer Service Representative/Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comerica (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I filled up an online application. It was a very quick process. After one week, I was asked to do an online interview. Few questions show up on the screen and you are being recorded answering to them. Most of the questions were about my previous job as a sales person.

Credit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica.

Interview

I had my initial interview after a week of my application. Questions were pretty basic and some very basic accounting... the recruiter was very nice and very welcoming during initial interview. As for the final interview, it went pretty good as well, nothing surprising. The interviewers were pretty nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you know about the company?
      Where do you see yourself 5 yrs from now?
      Etc...