Comerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2018

2.7

Commercial Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Formal interview process; round robin interviews

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions; usual stuff. What kind of loans do you generate, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hard to negotiate since this is a very formal authority structure. Perhaps, I was just not a good negotiator

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Comerica (San Jose, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online then had 30 minute phone interview with HR. All Behavioral/Resume related then followed with in-office interview which consisted of both technical/behavioral questions. Notified two days later that I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe three types of inventory and what are strengths/weaknesses for each type?   1 Answer
    • Do you look for trends on Income Statement or Balance Sheet when analyzing credit worthiness of a company?   1 Answer
    • Three types of activities on cash flow statement   1 Answer

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Both behavioral and experience questions were asked during the interview process. I prepared by reviewing my resume points and practiced behavioral types of questions. This prepared me for this type of interview syle.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle certain situations?   1 Answer

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

the interview process consists of 4 persons. They asked my research, my paper, some of my statistics knowledge. But in general, it is very friendly. The managers mainly asked me some behavior questions. The technique lead asked me some statistics questions.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The process took 3 weeks. I was called by the department manager for an interview. There wasn't no set of questions he just wanted to know about my previous work experiences. He was overly joyful about my Microsoft Office skills. He showed me around and introduced me to his boss. He told me that I should know something in a few days. I ended up reaching back out to him to find out that another candidate was selected.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Comerica (San Jose, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

It was long and they asked me questions nothing much about me, but questions of how to solving different kinds of problems, such as how did I persuade other team members to agree with my opinion, if the interviewer found it's not convincing enough to her, you failed. The interviewer was kinda rough.

Interview Questions

• How did you persuade your team mates to agree with your opinion? Give an example, and the interviewer would decide if it's convincing enough for her.   Answer Question

Assistant Banking Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Anaheim, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Submit your resume on the website at Comerica.com or upload your resume on monster.com. You will receive an email to answer the screening questions and the recruiter will contact you within two weeks for an in person interview if you pass the screening questions.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
    • What community work are you involved with and describe your role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary is not as attractive as I expected.

Assistant Branch Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comerica (Orange, CA).

Interview

The interview process was long. Interviewed with the BCM the district and Regional Mangager. The entire interview process took 2 months. Everything is done third party such as fingerprinting and drug testing therefore don't expect the process to go quickly. They also pushed the subject of sales and how important is was for me to " hit the ground running." All three of the individuals wanted to know exactly what my plan was in regards to sales, sales, sales and more sales! I thought I was interviewing for a management position not a banker position. Little did I know that everyone had the same sales goals and they fight over the same clients.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on growing your book of business?   Answer Question
    • How big is your current book of business?   Answer Question
    • They asked me questions they shouldn't ask in an interview that should have been a red flag.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered no more than what I asked for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Birmingham, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

It was very nice. It was a warm lead and went well. They do however check your background and take a drug test to make sure that you are clean, working for a bank. That was as expected though. They pay you through a third party service, which was some more red tape, but the process goes fairly smoothly. 1:1 interview was alot of meeting people and then just a nice discussion without any tough questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As an intern working for a bank and going through school, everyone looking to hire can understand that you are a college student attempting to go through college. With this mindset, they would be willing to offer a paid internship. You should expect nothing less than $14-15 an hour. If they offer lower, as for more.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The process began with a setting up a time to have a phone interview. After completing the phone interview, I was contacted again to schedule an in-office interview. There were four rounds of interviews, which lasted about an hour each. The interviewers were all involved with the Internal Audit Department, and they all were of different positions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interviewing for a position in Internal Audit?   Answer Question