Comerica Teller/Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.4

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Comerica (Chino Hills, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 3 days later received an email for an online interview. The interview was 8 questions. Given 30 seconds to read the question and 3 minutes to answer them.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself
    Why did you choose Comerica?
    If we were to contact your last supervisor, what would he/she say about weaknesses and/or strengths?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Comerica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comerica (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I filled up an online application. It was a very quick process. After one week, I was asked to do an online interview. Few questions show up on the screen and you are being recorded answering to them. Most of the questions were about my previous job as a sales person.

Teller/Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica.

Interview

2 interviewers very great interview basic questions. Asked about job history must focus on selling experience very nice manager lasted about thirty minutes still currently waiting on a response was told it takes a long time to hear back so I'm being very patient

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Richardson, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was ushered to the back conference room by the two managers, and we sat down and started talking. Before we sat down they introduced themselves and we got acquainted. They were very friendly and made the butterflies in my stomach calm down almost immediately. They didn't treat me like i was beneath them. They were very personable and i was very impressed by their professionalism.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why i chose Comerica as a place i wanted to apply at.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy. Greeted at the bank branch with a friendly smile by employees as I walked through the bank doors. The interviewers were excited and upbeat about the company. It got me excited about the possibilities with Comerica. Had a interview with a Branch Manager who walked me through the branch explaining the daily routine.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get out of Comerica Bank.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Teller/Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica in October 2013.

Interview

I applied to multiple branches. I was initially contacted by an HR rep to set up a phone interview. I'm guessing I passed that because afterwards I received calls from different branches. One branch just asked me to come in for an in-person interview. The other branch called me and asked if I had time to talk and began to interview me on the spot. I was then asked to come in for a branch interview. Both interviews were about 45 mins long.

I received an offer for both positions but accepted a job elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Questions are read from a paper. Some questions were...Why should we hire you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time a crisis or panic was caused in the workplace and what you did and how you overcame it? How do you deal with difficult customers/co-workers? What do you know about Comerica? Be prepared to talk about your sales experience and past experience(why you left). It is an easy interview   Answer Question

I had supervisor experience and wanted something more fitting for my skills. Another opportunity became available so I took that instead.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comerica (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and within one week I received a phone from the HR recruiter whose pre-screened me on my experience in cash-handling and cross selling. The next day the asst branch manager of the location called me in for an interview. Then had a second interview with the branch manager (about 45 mins long)

Interview Questions

• Salary Requirements and explain a time when companies operations wasn't functioning properly how did you handle the customers? (something similar can't remember word for word)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, in person interview with branch manager and asst branch manager the want to make sure your personality fits in with the rest of the staff, then interview with district manager where you do a little role play and he/she will ask you a couple of questions about your previous work history.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask you about your previous salary and its kind of hit or miss on matching.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied like a week before I got a call back for the interview. The manager didn't really ask me any over the top questions. I think you just have to look the part, because she was just asking me personal questions to make me feel more comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Like three different departments called me to welcome me to the company! I felt loved!

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Comerica (Southfield, MI) in June 2009.

Interview

Filled out an online application and was contacted by phone a few days later. We spoke over the phone for a few minutes and then I was told to come in for training a week and a half later. There was a hair test for drug use and they will also take your fingerprints to run a check on them against a federal database. The hiring process is pretty invasive.