Comerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.7

Customer Service Representative/Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Comerica (Chino Hills, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, 3 days later received an email for an online interview. The interview was 8 questions. Given 30 seconds to read the question and 3 minutes to answer them.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself
      Why did you choose Comerica?
      If we were to contact your last supervisor, what would he/she say about weaknesses and/or strengths?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Process was about a month. Character questions (about 130) phone interview with HR (Tiffanie was awesome) and a half day interview at Comerica Dallas office. Amazing company, culture, and management!

Interview Questions

• Tell me the effects on the BS, IS, and SCF if you purchase equipment.   Answer Question

Received a higher offer from another company.

Junior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview took an hour and a half. Standard interview going up and down the resume and trying to see if you have the fundamentals down for finance and accounting.

Interview Questions

• What is the balance sheet made up of?   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

had to do an online assessment, then was invited to the Comerica HQ in Dallas (I already lived in Dallas, so no experience with travel). The interview itself was 1:1 and was both behavioral at the start and went into more technical, finance and risk stuff towards the end.

Credit Specialist - TLS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comerica (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First interviewed with my would-be manager and then with her manager. I was the first one being interviewed because I had time constraints from a job for the next couple of weeks; I talked on the phone with an HR person for about 50 minutes, then had the in-person interview the next morning. The interview lasted about an hour; I spent most of it talking with the would-be manager, who had a paper with questions and took notes on it. After the interviews, the higher-up manager took me to meet the team.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume/past work experiences.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was displeased with service.   Answer Question

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Both behavioral and experience questions were asked during the interview process. I prepared by reviewing my resume points and practiced behavioral types of questions. This prepared me for this type of interview syle.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle certain situations?   1 Answer

Quantitative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, then HR called two weeks later (HR is very nice) talk to me about 30minutes and set up a phone interview with hiring manager a week later.

Hiring manager has very strong accent and very hard to listen to.
    Asked me some technical questions, etc.
    This position has really good job description, but when manager informed me the job responsibilities, it is totally different. Anyway, I have another offer and doesn't waste time on this position.

Assistant Branch Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comerica (Orange, CA).

Interview

The interview process was long. Interviewed with the BCM the district and Regional Mangager. The entire interview process took 2 months. Everything is done third party such as fingerprinting and drug testing therefore don't expect the process to go quickly. They also pushed the subject of sales and how important is was for me to " hit the ground running." All three of the individuals wanted to know exactly what my plan was in regards to sales, sales, sales and more sales! I thought I was interviewing for a management position not a banker position. Little did I know that everyone had the same sales goals and they fight over the same clients.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on growing your book of business?   Answer Question
    • How big is your current book of business?   Answer Question
    • They asked me questions they shouldn't ask in an interview that should have been a red flag.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered no more than what I asked for.

Commercial Banking Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Various interviews with credit administration professionals and relationship management professionals. The process included a comprehensive technical interview. Those who accept the opportunity to interview should be well-prepared for a technical section.

Interview Questions

• What are the three different types of inventory that could be accepted as collateral in a lending relationship, and which would be the most ideal form of inventory to our organization?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative/Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comerica (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I filled up an online application. It was a very quick process. After one week, I was asked to do an online interview. Few questions show up on the screen and you are being recorded answering to them. Most of the questions were about my previous job as a sales person.