Comerica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Comerica (Stafford, TX).

Interview

Did not interview with Comerica, went through the most backwards merger in the history of banking. Comerica gained employees and let go of many. When I initially interviewed for Sterling, the questions related to a lot of policies and procedures. When Comerica took over that priority of policies and procedures was last and sales became first.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Interviewers were very friendly and easy to communicate with. Went through multiple interviews with different employees within the company that all had some connection to the job. Very easy process

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a problem you overcame and how with your last job.   Answer Question

CSR- I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Kalamazoo, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

they do a phone interview than an in person interview with standard interview questions such as what is the greatest challenges you face, how did you over come specific situation and so on.

Interview Questions

• What are the greatest challenges your faced at a job.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comerica (Pontiac, MI).

Interview

This starts off with their online application. Then you get screened by a person on the phone. This case, I believe was the people here at the actual center. They quiz you on the phone and if you do well there then you meet them in person and then they decide what to do with you.

This ended up being a contact center and they were heavy on sales and sales questions and theme. It felt like a bait and switch and one of the interviewers on the panel really seemed disinterested in being there and did no talking.

Probably a blessing in disguise that I wasn't offered, which I'm glad now.

Interview Questions

• This position oddly, for a bank was very heavy on sales. Lots of sales questions about sales techniques and type of sales processes that you do. Experience on a background on sales.

Then when you go in person I had the panel review and it was basically

-Tell Me About Yourself
      -Tell me about hitting quotas
      -What makes you a good fit for this place

that type of STAR questions and answers.
      1 Answer

Wire Transfer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comerica (Livonia, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. The first interview was scheduled 2 weeks after I applied online. The second interview was within another 2 weeks with the department supervisor. Received an offer a few weeks later. When I accepted the offer I was informed that a background/fingerprint and drug test (urine sample) needed to be conducted. The entire process took about 2 1/2 months.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest frustration when working on a team?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewer made me feel very comfortable during the interview. The questions were not intimidating and she put me at ease. She actually started off the interview telling me about herself which really took the pressure off me. I was asked to come back to job shadow the next day which made me feel very positive about the interview. Its been almost 2 weeks and I have not heard from them yet so that's very disappointing. I'm still hopeful.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

I apply through online. Next day I submit the application, HR person called me and had about 30 minutes phone interview. Couple hours later, BCM called me to set up face to face interview. Face to face interview took about 1 hour. BCM was very nice. Situational questions but not difficult.

Interview Questions

• When you have a conflict with your coworkers, how do you solve it?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial round was phone interview. Second round with Group panel on Skype. Interview duration was 2 hours. Interview was conducted by Vice President & Program Manager. Final round with HR. All questions was related to Program/Project Management, Behavioral & Agile related

Commercial Banking Program Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with the recruiter. She was very nice and wanted to know why I was interested in commercial banking. She asked questions such as, "what are the 5 C's of credit? which do you consider to be the most important?"; "What documents would you request from a company that you may potentially write a loan for? Which is most important to you?"....These were probably the only banking questions, the other ones were basically behavioral and about my experiences in college and at former positions.

About a week later I was notified that I was pushed to the 2nd/last round of interviews at their corporate office in Dallas. This was an all day interview, including a lunch interview. There was an interview with the recruiter, relationship managers, vice presidents, and the chief underwriting officer. This included 1 technical interview. For the technical interview, just have an idea of what you need to look for in a company. What statements are important and why. Know the big things you can look at on financial statements that will help you determine credit quality. Know why you want to do commercial banking and practice your answers so you communicate them clearly.

In the end I got the job offer, but by the time they got back to me, I had accepted another job. They took about 3 months total from start to end. They were very nice and it seems like a great place to work. Good luck!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got an initial phone screening where they asked me 3 questions about why I chose Comerica, what are my future goals, etc. Easy. They schedule me for a face-to-face interview the same day. The interview was at the end of the week with the manager and assistant manager, super pleasant and relaxed. No assessments or anything. Very basic questions, they were mostly interested in how I felt about the job description and my future plans. I got hired 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer