Comerica Underwriting Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Comerica Underwriting Associate Interview Questions

3.5

Underwriting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comerica.

Interview

2 steps interview process
Technical and behavorial questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Comerica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online for a different position and received a call a month later letting me know that they had looked over my resume and thought I would be a good fit for a different opening they had. The recruiter set up a phone interview with me for a couple days later. I felt that the first half of the interview went great. Basic questions about my experience and schooling but then she started asking more in depth questions about how I would decide if a business was credit worthy that I didn't have the best answers for. I knew after those questions I wasn't going to go any further.

Interview Questions

• For a business wanting to take out a loan, what 3 financial equations would you use to decide if it was credit worthy or not?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comerica (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Contacted via phone interview, recruiter was nice asked general questions. Next phase was interview with VP, who asked general questions regarding background. After quick interview brought in his subordinate who briefly gave a background and day-to-day task. Next VP had you interview with the office manager. The whole process lasted an hour. Seemed rushed and VP already had his mind set with the internal candidate. Weird vibe when asked for parking validation.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial interview was one on one with a current group manager to determine if you should come in for an all day interview. All day interview was broken down by the hour and you were to meet with several individuals to assess knowledge of business, banking, economy, and general personality.

Underwriting Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Comerica in August 2011.

Interview

My interviewer called and scheduled a phone interview for the following day. I was ready for the interview, but it never came. 3 1/2 hours after the scheduled interview time she called me and told me she was held up in a meeting and asked if I was ready. From there, she acted very disingaged. She prounced almost everything on my resume incorrectly and seemed very unprepared. I was very disappointed in the whole process. She told me at the end that she would folllow up with me but I haven't heard back.

Some questions I was asked:

Why did you choose the school you went to?
    Why did you choose your major?
    Tell me about an experience that you were told to do something by an employer that made you uncomfortable and how did you handle the experience?
    What was your favorite accounting class in college and why?
    Why did you apply to this position?
    Why would you be a good asset to the company?
    If you were a loan officer, what would you look at if a person came to you for a loan?

There were more questions but I don't remember anymore.

Another thing - the information on the website was incorrect. It said you would attend a 6 week credit college before training, but she told me different on the phone.