CommScope Interview Questions | Glassdoor

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CommScope (Ashburn, VA).

Interview

Had an interview with 5 people, all managers (peers and manager). Very technical, very straight forward. Had to answer sometimes the same question (by different interviewers) regarding how I resolved issues. Both technically and socially. DId we do a root cause analysis and what further actions were taken to ensure whatever issue did not re occur.

Interview Questions

• Technical experience; software platform and languages used, examples of issues tackles and resolved (or not) and what was the root cause analysis   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CommScope.

Interview

Two months after I applied, I was contacted by the recruiter. She had no clue about the role and was not able to get me straight answers. Two weeks later I was contacted again to let me know that six interviews were scheduled and later I received the email with names and times (No titles). Those six interviews with the HR staff took about another month. I got the same questions from all of them. Then with no feedback or any courtesy call I received an email where I was notified that I was disqualified. My recommendation to the HR staff is to speed the process and respect people's time.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in manufacturing and distribution   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CommScope (Joliet, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Very long drawn-out process with 2 month interval between job posting, application and initial HR contact. Once contacted, proceeded through standard HR phone screening, then phone interview with hiring manager.

The next day I was contacted by HR with very positive feedback and was subsequently scheduled for a morning of on-site interviews: HR manager, hiring manager (2nd interview), two potential co-workers, HR supervisor.

My feeling was that the on-site interviews were less about exploring my capabilities and experience and more about personal scrutiny. My overall impression was that the expectations and even the core responsibilities of the role were undefined. Most problematic for me -- I felt that my questions regarding the organization's needs, foreseeable challenges for the position, and even company culture and strategy were unwelcome.

Despite her promise to do so, the HR recruiter failed to provide any post-interview feedback -- even the perfunctory "Dear John" email. This lack of professionalism was compounded a few weeks later when, in response to the re-posting of the position, the recruiter told me that (a) she had NO feedback whatsoever on my various interviews; and (b) other candidates were being considered that had "better" credentials.

Interview Questions

CommScope Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Content Marketer

We appreciate your honest feedback regarding your interview as an IT Analyst at CommScope. We are sorry to hear that you were not in alignment with the length of the interview process, and we will... More

Tech Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CommScope (Richardson, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

1. I applied online.
    2. I received a call for an interview two months later.
    3. I had a phone interview and then three weeks later I had an in person interview at the Richardson location. This was a very chaotic back and forth scheduling process, with me following up multiple times.
    4. The interview was 4 hours long with four different people (director, manager, co worker, HR). They said they will follow up with me in 2-3 weeks, but I didn’t hear anything back from them.
    5. I followed up after three weeks and they said they haven’t made a decision, and that they had “internal movement”.
    6. Finally I contacted them again after two months and the recruiter asked me to come again for another interview on site. Even though they stated in my first interview- this is the last interview.
    7. They stated again that they will take another 2-3 weeks to make a decision. I didn’t hear back from them and reached out to them after two months, only to be informed that they hired an internal candidate that had “surfaced all of a sudden”.

HR was very unprofessional, unresponsive, careless, in dealing with me. HR was not connected with any of the other departments. They never followed up with me and didnt even inform me when I didnt get selected. Overall it was one of the worst interview process I have ever had.

Interview Questions

CommScope Response

Aug 16, 2017 – Content Marketer

We appreciate your honest feedback regarding your Tech Support Engineer interview at CommScope. We apologize for the lengthy decision-making timeline, as we will be looking into our interview... More

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CommScope in July 2016.

Interview

two phone interviews. The first one is from a recruiter and the second one is from the accounting department. They said they would notice me by the end of last week, but I didn;t get any response.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CommScope (McAllen, TX).

Interview

i went to select staff and they offered me to work at commscope , they sent me to an interview . i went and iwalked in , they put me in a room and they told me to wait for the maneger( mike micheller) he went and asked me about mu future and he recomended me to study more. then in 2 days past and i reseave a call amd told me to go work to commscope i went and i just went for 3months and i have my forklift license

Interview Questions

• where do i see me in 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CommScope in June 2016.

Interview

The whole process took roughly a month. I applied online direct to commscope. The next day I received a call from hr representative . I was invited to take a pre employment test. I went to the testing 15 people total. The test consists of 3 parts 1 english skills 2 math skills and 3 dials gages measurement . Each test was timed 22 mins for English and math 50 questions each. The 30 dials measurements and gauges to read in 11 mins . Then told if not called in two weeks call us. I was a little quick called on day 10 and called. After finding out I qualified or passed the pre-employment test I was giving an interview.the interview was very laid-back and wasn't very tough . I was then showed the plant and the jobs. I also found out that where 3 separate kinds of jobs support and assistance and support opertor and manufacturing opertor. Which the. Pay was from low 13.18 to 15.94

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations just an offer based on the job I was offered.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CommScope.

Interview

Interview screen with a 3rd party HR contractor. Read from a script. They have no idea of the role, responsibilities only what they are reading. Your local DMV has more character and personality. Advised that my profile would be submitted to a hiring manager. At this point, you are in limbo as the 3rd party has no clue where in the queue your profile sits.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CommScope (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Done at the career fair. I was asked questions on the spot and apparently the on spot talk was my interview. It was painless and easy. I got a phone call weeks later without formally applying form HR asking if I still needed a job.

Business Analytics Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CommScope (Hickory, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Everyone who interviewed me was very professional and accommodating. Phone screen by HR, then phone screen by hiring director, then they flew me to corporate office for an onsite interview with five different managers or leads. Every interview was 1:1. It has been a total of three weeks since the interview and I haven't heard anything either way. After two weeks, I called the person in HR whom I interviewed with and no return call yet. So, it appears I didn't get the job.