CommScope Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CommScope (Ashburn, VA).

Interview

Had an interview with 5 people, all managers (peers and manager). Very technical, very straight forward. Had to answer sometimes the same question (by different interviewers) regarding how I resolved issues. Both technically and socially. DId we do a root cause analysis and what further actions were taken to ensure whatever issue did not re occur.

Interview Questions

• Technical experience; software platform and languages used, examples of issues tackles and resolved (or not) and what was the root cause analysis   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CommScope (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Joined as a trainee. Had a written test on skill set. This was the first round and second round was i:1 with leads and one with the Manager and the final one with the functional manager on phone and finally HR formalities.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CommScope in June 2016.

Interview

The whole process took roughly a month. I applied online direct to commscope. The next day I received a call from hr representative . I was invited to take a pre employment test. I went to the testing 15 people total. The test consists of 3 parts 1 english skills 2 math skills and 3 dials gages measurement . Each test was timed 22 mins for English and math 50 questions each. The 30 dials measurements and gauges to read in 11 mins . Then told if not called in two weeks call us. I was a little quick called on day 10 and called. After finding out I qualified or passed the pre-employment test I was giving an interview.the interview was very laid-back and wasn't very tough . I was then showed the plant and the jobs. I also found out that where 3 separate kinds of jobs support and assistance and support opertor and manufacturing opertor. Which the. Pay was from low 13.18 to 15.94

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations just an offer based on the job I was offered.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CommScope.

Interview

I was contacted first by a recruiter who just sent an email asking for extremely detailed responses. I kept putting it off because it required so much effort for an email, and then I was contacted by another recruiter wanting to do a phone interview. After the hiring manager reviewed me, I was asked to come onsite for an interview. The offices are very dated despite being a cutting edge technology company. I interviewed either in person or via video for about 4 hours.
    They use the Lohminger competencies for interviews. The questions are easy as long as you actually know what you're talking about/interviewing for. Pretty basic behavioral questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CommScope.

Interview

I had a video recording interview, then called in for a phone interview and finally onsite interview with 5 engineers. The interview went really well and all 5 of them seemed happy after I interviewed. After I was done with the interview, I dint hear from the HR. I kept emailing them and they kept saying they are still interviewing other candidates. Its almost 6 months now and I haven't heard from them. So I emailed one of the interviewers and he says his teams thinks im the best fit. I called the HR and asked about the results. HR says the team thinks I lack few skills. I felt there was something really fishy about this and I was really mad. I spent my money to do this interview even though i wasn't feeling well and they don't have the courtesy to give me results. i had to make the HR listen to me as to how unprofessional this whole process is and giving candidates ambiguous results. I told them not to contact me and said I'm not interested in their company either ways.

Interview Questions

• C,C++, Database questions, and some general behavioral questions.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CommScope (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Done at the career fair. I was asked questions on the spot and apparently the on spot talk was my interview. It was painless and easy. I got a phone call weeks later without formally applying form HR asking if I still needed a job.

PLM Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CommScope in February 2008.

Interview

this was an internal interview
    my position was eliminated upon acquisition by COmmscope
    and I interviewed and offered a job, but have needed to relocate to TX

offer was fair compensatiuon-wise, but relo to TX was a deal-breaker

I think company was poorly organized during teh transition to assess value of employees from 1-2 even horizon, too much focus on reducing budget/costs

interviwed with cross-funcitononal team memebs presenting sales, manuf, marketing, PLM, GM

relo

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CommScope in February 2008.

Interview

All applicants are required to post on-line. There may be screening questions attached to the job you are posting for. A recruiter does phone screen and passes it to Hiring Manager (HM). HM asks recruiter to schedule interview. Interview lasted about 35 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a conflict with management that didn't go well. What did you do wrong? What did you learn? How did you employ what you learned to a different situation where you were successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to get additional vacation. Company is strict about vacation policy.

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CommScope in April 2010.

Interview

interview in person then recieve a phone call if you got hired

Assembly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CommScope (Forest, VA).

Interview

Everyone comes here as a temporary and hopes to get hired. Some wait as long as five years. However those who show cleavage are hired right away.

Interview Questions

• Asked mostly if I had a problem working weekends, 2nd shift, and overtime.   1 Answer

Negotiation

One way, no wiggle room. Hourly positions aren't valued as real employees.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CommScope (Euless, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was straight-forward and comfortable at every step - but it did take about 3 months total; 2 weeks to get a response from the initial application, then 3 weeks for a phone interview, then 3 weeks for a face-to-face interview, then 3 weeks for an offer, with start date 2 weeks later. In my experience, this is not atypical for big companies.

Interview Questions

• There were no quiz-style trick questions or anything like that. All questions were pertinent and easy to answer.   1 Answer