Commerce Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commerce Bank Teller Interview Questions

2.3

Teller Interview

Interview

The interview is quick and simple for a teller. Make sure you some some laws about banking and am able to add/ subtract

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an unhappy customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Terrible. They won't move on pay hardly...Easy to find tellers

Other Interview Reviews for Commerce Bank

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Columbia, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

Met with the recruiters at a job fair and gave them my resume. They sent me an email asking me to come in and interview for a position. Interview was with two people and asked mostly behavioral based interview questions. Questions weren't out of the ordinary, mostly wanted to see that you had some kind of cash handling experience and/or customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deliver bad news to someone and how you chose to deliver that message.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, my experience is that tellers have a more difficult time negotiating than FSR's.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Columbia, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

I met with HR at main location for the area. I was then contacted to meet with the Branch Manager of location that I would be working with. I was then interviewed by the manager and supervisors.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have with cash handling?   Answer Question

Negotiation

We did not negotiate, I accepted the offer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commerce Bank (Kansas City, MO) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 1:1 chat with questions about what I did in certain experiences with my most recent two jobs. They seemed to want someone who could be persuasive to sell their accounts and also very honest. The interview started in their downtown office and then the branch manager called me for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone of something.   Answer Question