CommerceHub Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CommerceHub

1 Interview Review

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CommerceHub (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Step 1: received email from someone in HR/recruiting asking to set up some time to chat with the hiring manager.

Step 2: once this was scheduled, I had a brief 30 min call with the hiring manager. This was pretty straightforward with a request to walk them through my resume, tell them about certain projects I was working on and a brief explanation of the company's business model.

Step 3: a few days later, I was asked to come in to their offices off Westlake and interview with two members of the Seattle area team as well as a handful of others based in Albany,NY (their HQ). The later was through a WebEx call.

Overall the in-person interviews were well conducted and thoughtful with more in-depth questions about my experiences, how I would handle certain scenarios and where my strengths were. The remote calls resulted in some technical difficulties but I was finally able to talk with multiple interviewers just fine. This was with a stakeholder team and I was asked relevant questions related to how this role would interact with them.

I asked plenty of questions at the end and felt pretty good about my chances at this point.

After this, I inquired about next steps and was told that, if the team felt that they would like to move onward, they would reach out to me in the next few days. I took this as a positive sign and patiently waited.

Step 4: true to their word, a few days later, I was emailed by the HR contact and informed that the team liked what they saw and would like to see some additional examples of my work. I promptly sent emailed those to the HR contact via email and waited.

Skip forward a week later. Still no word back, so I sent out a quick follow-up to check in. Perhaps the HR contact found herself busy. To date, it's been nearly two weeks since I have heard from the company.

I would hope that a company like CommerceHub would want to encourage a positive experience for job candidates. Whether I was selected to move on, or chosen to not progress in the process, it would have been nice to receive at least some sort of status update. I know many people complain about getting impersonalized auto-response emails, but at least they are a step to close the loop.

I certainly wouldn't take it as an insult if they felt that my skills and experience did not match with what they wanted for this role. I do; however, take it as unprofessional when they just go silent.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your process of creating an integrated marketing plan.   Answer Question