CommerceHub Salesforce Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CommerceHub Salesforce Engineer Interview Questions

Salesforce Engineer Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for the company and set up a in person interview at the companies offices. I spoke with two people and then the HR Manager, and it went really well, everyone seemed excited when I left.

I was then asked to come back, traveling 3 hours for the interview to speak with the CTO. He spoke to me for 10 minutes, commenting on my lack of a degree (I'm a self taught developer with a robust portfolio) and the time I'd been at my current position. He didn't ask me any questions about myself, projects I'd worked on, or technical skills. It was pretty much ten minutes of having my background and hard work, though not the traditional path to a developer career,slammed and told it was not good enough for there lofty position.

The offer they gave me was completely insulting, a third of the salary that I was offered at another consulting company and a fortune 500 company. I was told that the CTO of this small company felt that I was not as technical because I didn't have a degree, apparently he was able to deduce more in his ten minutes than the others I spoke to in the hour and a half we spoke.

Salesforce developers are a niche market right now and the demand is much greater than the supply, I am aware of companies that have spent more than 12 months trying to fill a position that are much bigger and located in better markets such as NYC, SF etc. These people need to get a clue,they are located in a much smaller market and are trying to fill a difficult position. I would imagine that this companies future will continue to be catering to much larger companies, but not becoming one themselves if they continue to be closed minded and insulting.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, I would say the most difficult aspect was talking with a CTO who had what seemed to be no experience with the technology the position was for and was more focused on a degree than whether I have the technical depth for the position.   Answer Question

Insulting offer, a third of the two other offers I had already gotten and despite the excellent people I had talked to during my first interview, the CTO's attitude was completely insulting.