CommerceHub Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CommerceHub Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at CommerceHub

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CommerceHub in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted in less than a week to complete off site problem. Within a week of completing the off site problem, I was contacted for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were expanding the off site problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CommerceHub

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CommerceHub in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was delivered an e-mail with a homework assignment stamped with a deadline of 48 hours. The assignment demanded the implementation to a Java interface (which was not unexpected) that was provided in code sample but whose purpose was unclear and whose specification was not given in the description. I creatively "filled in" some details in order to produce something and gave it some console output to try to explain what I was thinking.

Submitted and received a notice within a few days: "the quality of the solution does not meet our expectations in what is required for this role". I still don't know what a passing submission would do.

Interview Questions

• "Implement the picking and restocking routines for [an inventory management] system..., [also implementing] all relevant domain objects."   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CommerceHub in October 2017.

Interview

1. Take home
    2. Phone
    3. Another take home
    4. On site

The process is over-rated.. They over do everything.
    The questions are not that hard though. However the guys doing the interview have no idea what they are doing ex. on site interviews there are 3 people in each group but only one person knows his/her stuff. Others are just there. They don't care..
    Also seems they dont care how well you do on parts 1-3.. If someone doesn't "like" you when you are onsite, you do not get the offer. They need to change this.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CommerceHub in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received Java assignment in couple days. It was producer-consumer problem.
    Submitted solution and received an invitation to technical screening interview with current company developer. For about an hour was asked some questions about my solution for aforementioned problem. Was invited to another interview with team lead. Week later went through another 1 hour conversation about my previous projects and background.

Interview Questions

• Why you decided to use ConcurrentHashMap instead of HashMap?   Answer Question
    • In general details explain how would you design a front end of web-based application for a warehouse.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CommerceHub.

Interview

applied online, one recruiter reach out to you, give you an offsite coding problem, once you're finished, the next day they will contact you to talk about your solution and other behavioral and coding questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CommerceHub (Albany, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and pleasant. First is an off-site problem which is fairly simple. Then a phone interview which is basically discussing the off-site problem and a couple of design questions. The on-site round was four rounds which includes one design round and a peer coding round. The people were really awesome and I felt like it was an awesome company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CommerceHub (Albany, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Hacker rank, phone screen, two interviews, then in person. This was basically the interview process, didn’t make it to the last interview. Brush up on your Java, or .NET. Doesn’t seem like they care much about any other technology you know or use.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CommerceHub (Albany, NY).

Interview

They started out with an online test, which was followed up with a phone interview. Then, you will get called for an in-person interview, which is 3.5 hours long. It was overall a good experience, the people and the environment are welcoming. There was a bit of confusion that made the software development portion of the interview difficult, but I don't think that affected the outcome.

Application

Interview

The interview process was fine, until the last phone screen. After clearing with HR some worries I had, it seemed I was lied to (by the 3rd stage). It seems that you must be proficient with their stack prior, or it's a no go. Received a plain email stating they've moved onto other candidates without any reasoning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CommerceHub (Albany, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

3 week process started with off-site coding test, then a phone interview mostly about the test and general questions, and then the on-site interview. Mostly an enjoyable process and I think CommerceHub would have been a great place to work. Sadly I stumbled in the technical on-site interview and they never gave me a chance. Great office vibe and overall experience though. Would recommend!

Interview Questions

• Here is a design for a web application we want to make, what technologies would you use to create it?   Answer Question