Commercial Metals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

2.5

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commercial Metals (Tulsa, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

An initial phone interview then a 1 on 1 with the hiring manager at the plant. The interview covered most aspects of operational and management experience and some situational question as well as providing information about the site and its future challenges and opportunities. A friendly, positive interview with direct feedback that I would be considered for the role. They ended up going with an internal candidate which I think is the right choice.

Senior Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Commercial Metals.

Interview

you meet with numerous levels of management for a half day of interviews. sometimes they will take candidates out to lunch. interviews are straight forward and most questions are based around your previous work experience. situational questions are not asked during the interview. admin assistant is very helpful walking you through the interview process.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commercial Metals (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight-forward, nothing unusual. They asked me why I wanted the job, what my plans for the summer, and why I thought that I would be a good fit. Nothing really caught me off guard, except that the interview was done by two people- I hadn't ever had that in a first round before.

Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Commercial Metals.

Interview

Solid job interview process with multiple people involved with the interview. In some instances employees are preferred by the plant manager with a fast track to employment absent of the interview process.

Maintenance Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seguin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commercial Metals (Seguin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through a campus career fair. I recieved a call within a week from an HR representative who conducted a brief phone screen about my degree and previous employment, and scheduled an interview. After a tour of the plant and the steelmaking process, a panel interview was conducted with 3 reliability engineers representing each process specialty. Just a basic "fitting in" interview asking about background, professional interests, and teamwork. The final 1 on 1 interview with the department manager took place later the same day, and focused on short and long-term professional goals.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commercial Metals.

Interview

Very easy conversational type interview. Almost to the point of being unprofessional. It was basically 2 guys sitting on the other side of the desk describing the position and asking very few if any questions that required any thought.

Negotiation

I priced myself low, because I was afraid to tell them what I really needed to earn. I would recommend being honest. Because if you are a good quality employee this company will pay you what you are worth. I only put 3 stars on the compensation area because of the way I lost my bonus

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at Commercial Metals (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Good interview, knowledgeable about the business. Many locations in the US and international. They have a lot of competition .

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick, seeing as this was an interview for an internship. They looked at my resume and asked me to explain a few things that they had not heard of, for example some organizations and activities that were specific to my college. It was a really fun interview, very laid-back, and it really was just a conversation, not so much of the Q&A you would expect from an interview.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, just going over my resume and why I would be a good fit for this internship.   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commercial Metals (Tulsa, OK) in May 2013.

Interview

Very informal one on one not a lot of questions. Was taken out to a job site. And met the Operations Manager no questions asked by him at the interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commercial Metals in November 2011.

Interview

This was one of the best interview process. Manager was prepared and very competent. The interview panel included HR, predecessor and Manager. It lasted about one hour and we where all on the same page from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected or difficult questions. Clear definition what is required and on point questions about my knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I came on board as a Contractor. No negotiation.