Commercial Metals Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 30 of over 30 interviews

In Person12%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Commercial Metals

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commercial Metals

Interview

Amazing super sweet and on time! I wish I lived in Arizona. Paid technical training at school and also on the job but I unfortunately do not so I did not take the offer but was offered a position.

Interview Questions
  • Why would I be a good fit.
    Answer Question

Commercial Metals

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commercial Metals in Jul 2021

Interview

Get called for math and reading test first then if you pass you go in for an interview. I suggest brushing up on the math mostly because the reading is basics. There is some algebra, measuring...etc

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Commercial Metals

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commercial Metals in Apr 2021

Interview

Quick & easy. Everyone was very kind & easy to talk to. I got to ask plenty of questions & they gave thorough answers. They also walked me through the plant

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Commercial Metals (Salt Lake City, UT) in Mar 2021

Interview

There was a phone screen call and two more interview after. The interviews were pretty easy and of course there were challenging questions but every interview has those. Overall the experience was great and not that bad at all.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Commercial Metals (Birmingham, AL) in Aug 2020

Interview

The entire process took two months, eight interviews in total, three times an hour long interviews with two hiring manager and a director, flew out of state to meet them, and after waiting for an extra entire week, I ended have to contact the recruiter to get an answer and find out they were not going to move forward with me. ( this person already knew the answer since early on the week) The feedback I received was even worst. They were very disrespecful and unconsider with my time and expectations. This is not aceptable specially considering the hard times the world is going trough because of the pandemic.

Interview Questions
  • So many questions.. be ready for three separate hours of interview with at least two HR Hiring Managers, another two-three hours with the director and maybe an hour with the Operations Manager, plus the previews ones with the recruiter..

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commercial Metals (Houston, TX) in Aug 2020

Interview

This was a panel interview setting. Most questions asked were pertinent to the job description. Some questions asked where to find out what kind of personality you have. They want to see how safe you can do a job while in a busy industrial environment.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the time you will be work near suspended loads. How do you feel about this and how will you manage this?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commercial Metals (Dallas, TX) in Nov 2019

Interview

I thought the process was very unprofessional, the hiring manager was not prepared for the interview. The recruiter text instead of calling which I felt was odd. There were too many red flags for me.

Interview Questions
  • Asked me basic questions about the three types of employees when dealing with LOTO

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commercial Metals (Mesa, AZ) in Aug 2019

Interview

Interviews were straightforward and fairly casual. Two phone interviews and one in person interview with the manager. The HR recruiter I had my first interview with was awesome and made the process easy for me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commercial Metals (Baton Rouge, LA) in Jul 2019

Interview

I had talked to three different people in this interview, each is about 15-20 min. They are all friendly and nice people, and most of the questions they ask are something about the resume, some background check and the projects I have done.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I interviewed at Commercial Metals (Irving, TX)

Interview

Absolutely the best interview process I’ve ever been apart of. Everyone in the organization was extremely friendly and I loved the family atmosphere. This is definitely a company that takes recruiting and interviewing seriously, but makes it comfortable for the candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you leaving your current role?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Interviews

Commercial Metals Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Commercial Metals as 59.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.64 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Internship and Area Safety Coordinator rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Maintenance Co-Op and Inside Sales Administration roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Commercial Metals takes an average of 20 days when considering 31 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Inside Sales Administration had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Area Safety Coordinator roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 22 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Commercial Metals according to 31 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 19.54%