Commerzbank Interview Questions in Germany | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.8

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commerzbank.

Interview

The shortest Interview in my life.
    Found about the position at the graduate convention. After talking to the representatives and being encouraged to apply, I applied for the position. Was invited to a phone interview that ended in 8 minutes.

Group Development & Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)).

Interview

3 interviews in total (each approximately 30min); fit and technical questions as well as a short case study including some calculations; focus on European banking sector (mainly players and challenges), and accounting (income statement and balance sheet of banks) and bank valuation (multiples and DDM), as well as strategic consideration and processes; at the end you are able to ask questions

Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in February 2016.

Interview

One round with four interviews mainly technical. After online application an interview with HR. One Week later onsite interview. Comfortable atmosphere and nice team. First personal introduction, shortly CV and then mainly technical. At the end, chance to ask own questions. Overall very good impression, accepted the offer. New positions are also available on a short time horizon.

Interview Questions

• - Walk me through DCF
      - Concept of Multiples
      - What is WACC
      - Advantages and Disadvantages of DCF, Multiples and LBO   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank.

Interview

Got a call a couple of days after my online application and scheduled an interview. Two guys from the Strategy Department I applied for did a personality and CV check with me, afterwards one guy stayed for the case. I was supposed to show my approach to the question using analytical skills and some creativity. The interviewer was quite helpful and sort of guided me through.

Market Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in July 2013.

Interview

Ca. 2 weeks after applying online, I was invited by HR to a phone interview with the market risk department. I talked to Head of Market Risk sub-department. Very friendly, behavioral, technical, and non-technical questions. Not very difficult. Received acceptance 2-3 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, technical questions (economics, econometrics, statistics)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in May 2013.

Interview

The whole process was very casual, I was interviewed individually by all the team members. It was basically a few nice conversations. Some technical questions regarding derivatives but still very basic

Interview Questions

• Just several nice conversations   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in June 2012.

Interview

Three one-on-one interviews. First two were with other Analyst/Senior Associates. Final interview was with Corporate Head. We had coffee before interview began with administrative Staff. Team provided small tour of corporate grounds, neighboring business park and cafeteria/entrance area.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is happening in the Debt markets currently?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and one month later I got a phone interview. After this 30 minute interview I got invited to Frankfurt for a 3 rounds interview. Got interviewed by analyst and vice-president. All made costs were covered by the bank. After the interview I could leave and I was supposed to hear the answer one week later. Unfortunately this didn't happen due to the amount of work they had. Overall Commerzbank is quite responsive to calls and emails. For questions etc you can contact HR easily and they help you further.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your CV. Technical questions about different valuation formulas etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in March 2017.

Interview

Das Bewerbungsgespräch wurde von drei Mitarbeitern durchgeführt. Zwei MA aus der Fachabteilung und einer MA aus dem HR. In angenehmer Atmosphäre hat sich jeder mit seiner Vita kurz vorgestellt. Nachdem mein Werdegang besprochen wurde gab es 3 spezifische Fachfragen. Im Anschluss daran wurde ich für ein weiteres Gespräch eingeladen. Außerdem wurde mich zugesichert mich in den Talent-Pool der Coba hinzuzufügen.

Interview Questions

• Welchen Mehrwert können Sie der Coba liefern?   1 Answer
    • Wie haben Sie von dieser Stelle erfahren?   1 Answer

Asset Management Interview

Interview

Es waren 2 Gespräche, beides mal fachliche Personen, die fachliche Fragen gestellt haben, je circa 15 min. Ein Brainteasertest zum Erwartungswert fand auch statt. Angenehm ruhige Atmosphäre aber etwas deprimierend durch die Finanzkrise.