Commerzbank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commerzbank Interview Questions

Interviews at Commerzbank

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview with the people from the sales team: Basic questions regarding the CV -with a high focus on how i got interested in finance. Basic brain teaser and basic mental math skills for calculation on different products payoffs. Basic option theory skills are required.
    Interview with the coordinator: more focus on my personality and soft skills.

Interview Questions

• basic brain teaser, then describe and calculate different scenarios of given products   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank.

Interview

Got a call a couple of days after my online application and scheduled an interview. Two guys from the Strategy Department I applied for did a personality and CV check with me, afterwards one guy stayed for the case. I was supposed to show my approach to the question using analytical skills and some creativity. The interviewer was quite helpful and sort of guided me through.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in September 2015.

Interview

1 hours interview by walking through resume
    No technical test, basically introduce yourself.
    very friendly and nice people, they will explain the job responsibilities in detail . chemistry is the most important.

Market Risk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank in January 2019.

Interview

Submit a CV and cover letter and was then invited to an onsite interview. then was greeted by the head of Risk and two managers, who went through my experiences. the interview lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• Mostly, just talking through the CV and looking at the fit of the candidate into the role.
      Talking about the interest in the role, why finance, why risk, soon.   1 Answer

Market Risk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in July 2013.

Interview

Ca. 2 weeks after applying online, I was invited by HR to a phone interview with the market risk department. I talked to Head of Market Risk sub-department. Very friendly, behavioral, technical, and non-technical questions. Not very difficult. Received acceptance 2-3 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, technical questions (economics, econometrics, statistics)   Answer Question

Capital Markets Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank in October 2008.

Interview

Multiple interviews with HR at first, which were necessary to get access to the people actually hiring. As usual the HR interviews are formulaic and can generally be negotiated via the standard responses to the standard questions: why do you want to work in this bank? Why do you want to work in this area etc?

Mortgage Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Wrocław (Poland)) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview process combined of two 30 min interwiews, it was rather enjoyable. Not many questions about hard knowledge, it is a sales position and therefore most of the question were more about your personality and ability to be easy -going. its easy to get in but the ob itself requires a lot of self motivation and you need to take under consideration that what you make from your commision- that;'s pretty much all.

Interview Questions

• standard interview questions, nothing unexpected. I know now they (again) need people,   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was little negotiations, they were desperte to hire someone and afterall the postion was on self-employemnt so no benefits. Only thing that you are able to negotiate is length of your vacations, they need people so you will be able to get 3 weeks (even in the first year) Remeber- selemployment so no salary for that period

Senior Credit Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 interviews very well conducted and uninformal

Negotiation

rather rigid in remuneration package fixing

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in June 2012.

Interview

Three one-on-one interviews. First two were with other Analyst/Senior Associates. Final interview was with Corporate Head. We had coffee before interview began with administrative Staff. Team provided small tour of corporate grounds, neighboring business park and cafeteria/entrance area.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is happening in the Debt markets currently?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Moscow (Russia)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was asked about my educational background, since I study in a foreign country. There were a couple of basic accounting questions. I also had to take an English test during the interview, which consisted of reading a passage in English and then translating it to Russian verbally.

Interview Questions

• Why did you start a finance club at your university?   1 Answer