Commerzbank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commerzbank Interview Questions

Interviews at Commerzbank

2.9

M&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in October 2016.

Interview

Not a single question asked on my person (not even the typical: "why do you want to work for Commerzbank"). Pure technicals, 4 Interviews straight. Half the Interviewers couldn't care less, you could see before they even walked into the door. Were also late to the interview.

Interview Questions

• DCF, Multiples, Financial Statements, Leveraged Buyouts, M&A Process, Research processes - All in depth.   Answer Question

Equity Derivatives Structurer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Assessment Center in London office for a one year internship:
    - five 1 hour interviews with different pricing, structuring and trading desks: behavioural and technical questions on financial markets, derivatives products and brainteasers.

Interview Questions

• Explain the existence of volatility smile.   Answer Question
    • Brainteaser: how many zeros at the end of 100 factorial ?   Answer Question
    • What happens to the gamma of an ATM option when maturity approaches zero?   Answer Question
    • What is an autocallable?   Answer Question
    • Which product is more expensive between:
      - an autocallable on the worst of two stocks with correlation 1
      - an autocallable on the worst of two stocks with correlation -1   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

4 rounds of interview, 2 with direct manager, 1 with business manager, and 1 with APAC sales head. Interview process is pretty informal. As a German bank, they are more interested in your personality and fit with the culture, people and bank. Interviewers seemed to have very specific requirements about people they hire and they are upfront with it.

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1 on 1 interview, very relaxed. Nice guy and he wasn’t trying to catch me out with questions, just genuinely interested in finding out if I am a good fit for the role

RM Interview

Interview

3 interviews with direct manager, then 2 senior managers and with board member in final, nothing special or unqie. Everything was friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerzbank in February 2010.

Interview

Very organised - called one week in advance to arrange an assessment day, which started at 9 am and finished at 5 pm. Expect 2 interviews, group discussion, in-tray excersice, presentation, numerical and verbal reasoning tests. Interviews took 30 min each, asked why Commerzbank, what field of corporate finance r u interested in

Interview Questions

• Do u think in situations when u have to argue with someone u r mostly right or wrong?   Answer Question

IT Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Quite relaxed, but a long day. Online e-tray exercise, two interviews with a panel of three interviewers (mixture of bosses, HR and current grads employees), presentation on your recommendation of unseen choices and group debate. Only 5 other candidates, but you're split up into teams of two so the day is longer for some than others.

Desk Quant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerzbank in July 2010.

Interview

3 interviews + 1 with HR

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commerzbank.

Interview

three rounds of interviews. One with colleagues. One with senior management. One with HR.
    Tipically each interview is 45 to 60 minutes. HR stage is only for organisational reasons. Pretty standard application process

Interest Rate Structuring Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Have met four guys lasting 2 hours.
    First two guys barely asked any questions but just made a short introduction about the program.
    1st guy asked if I've learned any exotic interest rate products, such as the Bermudan Swaption...
    2nd guy asked what the discount factor is with the fixed rate of IRS is given.
    3rd guy asked why FIC, why structuring and what my goal is.
    4th guy asked some competency questions, like my experience working with difficult people.

Interview Questions

• exotic interest rate products..
      I haven't learned any of these during my master's program   Answer Question