Commerzbank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Commerzbank Interview Questions

Interviews at Commerzbank

2.9

Equity Derivatives Structuring Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with structurers, and a one-day multiple interviews in London. Here I had been interviewed by 6 people across the entire equity dérivatives division (traders, sales-traders and structurers).
    It was a postion I applied through the career website of my university

Interview Questions

• Mainly technical questions from people in structuring. Some brain teasers from traders.
      Few questions about previous expériences written on my CV but more technical questions.   Answer Question

Equity Derivatives Structuring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Two 30 minute phone interviews followed by 6 one-to-one interviews with different desks at Commerzbank HQ in London. Team is young, dynamic and friendly. They were looking to hire for different positions such as structuring, sales and trading, middle office and business management.

FIC Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Interview

Started off with the school posting possible internship with Commerzbank in the area of FIC Sales. Submitted my resume and received a call up. Went for interview, it was quite a positive experience. Main questions asked focused on technical knowledge. The interviewers are very friendly and are able to make you feel at ease.

Equity Derivatives Flow Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied through refferal. Was contacted by email 1 month later. Very slow process. Expect to meet around 15 persones.

Interview Questions

• Are you better than the previous candidate?   2 Answers

Word atmosphere.

FIC Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2013.

Interview

It is basically a one-round interview, with 3 separate one-to-one interviews with two HRs and one superior. The questions are basically behavioral based and could be easily answered with some preparations. There are no technical questions as sales is not a technical position. The focus is on the fit between you and the company.

Graduate Analyst Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank.

Interview

Was contacted by a member of the team to go down for an interview and to expect technical and fit questions. Sat down for an hour long technical test on financial concepts and excel proficiency.

Interview Questions

• Technical test was highly unexpected. Was supposed to draw financial graphs and write down excel codes.   Answer Question

Spezialist Financial Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank.

Interview

The phone interview lasted for 50 min and was mainly about maths and numerical computation, like conditional expectation, Brownian motion, Monte-Carlo etc. Also there were some softer questions like 'Walk me through your CV', 'Why are you applying this position" etc. Nothing too tricky in the soft questions and some were meant to warm you up.

Interview Questions

• How do you generate two random number with a given correlation?   Answer Question

FIG Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commerzbank in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, was invited 1 week later, took 2 weeks all together until I had a decision. one round with three interviews, mainly on Basel III and European Banking Union

Interview Questions

• What are the NSFR? What is the LCR? What are the pillars of the banking union?   Answer Question

Corporate Equity Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and got invited for phone interview with the head of the department.
    Interview lasted about 30 min and experience was very positive.
    Bad thing was I had to chase them for an answer after 10 days and got a standardized impersonal HR rejection email with no feedback.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about valuation methods and equity research.
      2 Brain teasers
      A few CV based/ motivational questions   Answer Question

Sales Trading Off Cycle Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

i have been contacted about a month after i submitted my application. I first had few fit and technical phone interviews. the first one was just a sort of a presentation of my CV and he explained to me the process of recruitment if im successful. 2 days later i had a technical phone interview (mostly questions on VBA, make sure you know your basics) the same day i got an email asking me about my availabilities to pass a numerical and VBA test. he sent me back the link for the numerical test and an excel doc to fill and I had one hour to complete the online test and send back my answers. it's not very hard at all really basic questions. than i got to the final round which was interviews in the trading floor with the team (one on ones) many fit and motivational questions and towards the end a technical interview (as i have a mathematical background: black scholes, pay offs, stochastic calculus..) .
    ps: if you are not european, they don't take in charge sponsorships, mention you eligibility to work in the UK before applying because even though everything goes well it could be a break dealer that was my case.