Commerzbank Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.1

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Group IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Initial application form and online tests followed by a very engaging phone interview.

Assessment centre at Gresham Street offices; very standard. Group discussion followed by two interviews, In-Tray exercise, presentation. They reimbursed up to £400 worth of travel.

Eventually declined because I got a better offer, despite this was well worth the experience.

Were very vague about what the job would actually involve, I got the impression the interview process would not truly line up with the responsibilities the job would entail.

Document Automation Off Cycle Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and then excel test. First interview was with two people from desk, second was with the same two people plus manager. Asked technical questions about coding although such skills were not on my CV. Changed/cancelled interviews twice, very unprofessional communication.

Flow Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank.

Interview

Phone Interview (no technical questions mainly your motivation and presentation of the desk) followed by an on-site interview in Frankfurt with 4 traders (each 30 min). Mostly technical questions (Trading, IT, Derivatives related). SQL, VBA and basic derivatives pricing knowledge is of advantage. Received offer the next week. Whole process took 3 weeks. Expect Brainteasers in the on-site interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

2 phone interview and 4 face-to-face interview

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews, the first was with the head of the team and the second was with two team members. The first was finance based where I was asked about option pricing and my motivation for applying. The second was more mathematical and mostly consisted of probability questions and coding questions.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a complex trade agreement and the code which conducted the trade. Asked me to interpret the code and check for errors.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was meant to be a one to one interview, for one hour instead was a three to one for more than 2 hours. It was also meant to be a PM interview instead it was more a PM interview for a non PM role. The position was withdrawn and the JD changed completely afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Full PM cycle from induction to final product, including change of priorities.   1 Answer

Sales Trading Off Cycle Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

i have been contacted about a month after i submitted my application. I first had few fit and technical phone interviews. the first one was just a sort of a presentation of my CV and he explained to me the process of recruitment if im successful. 2 days later i had a technical phone interview (mostly questions on VBA, make sure you know your basics) the same day i got an email asking me about my availabilities to pass a numerical and VBA test. he sent me back the link for the numerical test and an excel doc to fill and I had one hour to complete the online test and send back my answers. it's not very hard at all really basic questions. than i got to the final round which was interviews in the trading floor with the team (one on ones) many fit and motivational questions and towards the end a technical interview (as i have a mathematical background: black scholes, pay offs, stochastic calculus..) .
    ps: if you are not european, they don't take in charge sponsorships, mention you eligibility to work in the UK before applying because even though everything goes well it could be a break dealer that was my case.

Corporate Equity Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and got invited for phone interview with the head of the department.
    Interview lasted about 30 min and experience was very positive.
    Bad thing was I had to chase them for an answer after 10 days and got a standardized impersonal HR rejection email with no feedback.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about valuation methods and equity research.
      2 Brain teasers
      A few CV based/ motivational questions   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

Interview

Several rounds with various analysts and directors

The interview process was good and everyone was pleasant. However, I never received a formal rejection by email or phone which came across as very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Technical options and derivatives questions. Moderate difficulty.   Answer Question

Equity Derivatives Structuring Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with structurers, and a one-day multiple interviews in London. Here I had been interviewed by 6 people across the entire equity dérivatives division (traders, sales-traders and structurers).
    It was a postion I applied through the career website of my university

Interview Questions

• Mainly technical questions from people in structuring. Some brain teasers from traders.
      Few questions about previous expériences written on my CV but more technical questions.   Answer Question