Commonwealth Bank of Australia Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied through online and had 3assessments
1) Role Assessment
2) Working Style Assessment
3) Digital Interview
Unfortunately I was unsuccessful in digital interview, so didn’t reach to face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you found a creative solution to a challenge you face   Answer Question
  • Tell us what has been your best achievement to this point in your career   Answer Question
  • CBA 5 cores values and which one is suit with you and why   Answer Question
  • What were your targets and how did you ensure you achieve them   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

First an online assessment consists of two parts: multiple choice behavioral based questions focused on customer services, and money counting. Then after telephone screening regarding general employment status, another online personality questionnaire requires rating like ten statements presented in different ways over and over again. Final stage is a group interview section doing retail banking customer service scenario role play, and followed by a short one on one interview with branch managers. If successful a background check is also needed.

Interview Questions

• What is the differentiating strength you could bring into the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online, did online test ( scenario based questions and cash counting), 3 days after I received an invitation for a digital interview ( I have to answer 7 questions- which I have written below). One week later, I was invited to the assessment centre where there were group activites ( it was fun and just be yourself and relax) and a panel interview. Before the day ended, I received a call informing me that I have progressed to background check.

Interview Questions

• How does technology of cba helped in achieving its mission   Answer Question
    • which of the cba values is important to you   Answer Question
    • why do you want to apply for this position   Answer Question
    • what can you contribute to CBA   Answer Question
    • role play: a customer wants to deposit a check to save up to buy a car, how will you interact and address the needs of the customer   Answer Question
    • how did you handle a complaining customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

A very long & drawn out recruitment process. From submitting my application online to the next step of online psychometric testing, to next the digital interview then onto the interview conducted in branch. Feels very odd that every interaction right up until the interview process is all done via online/email. No face to face or even voice contact for weeks, which I understand is time & cost effective for the business but it makes the whole process feel very uneasy, impersonal for the applicant & you wonder if they even care to get to know you for you. Outcome of my branch interview still pending.

Interview Questions

• Numerous behavioural questions asked about previous customer service experiences & youre asked to do a role play with the Manager.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Brisbane (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Long and strenuous process -- they also utilise group interviews, which, personally, I am not a fan of.

They have online tests: one is a pseudo-IQ test (money and number counting), and the other is a personality test.

Interview Questions

• They have an emphasis on role-play tasks.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

online application - online questionnaire + cash counting test - digital interview (ask about 7 questions) - personality test (more than 100 questions) - assessment centre (group interview + two rounds of 1:1 interview, morning tea and lunch offered) - background check (took about 1 week) - offer

The interviewers were quite friendly and helpful. Don't be nervous and try to enjoy the experience:)

All the best!

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (East Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Online application - online accessment (including money counting) - digital interview (15mins)- personality test (you'd better answer it in 25mins but there's no timer) - interview at the branch (phone invitation in the morning and interview in the afternoon at the same day)

Interview Questions

• For the digital interview, there're 7 questions and only 6 needs your answer, and you have 30 seconds to prepare and one minute to answer.
      1\What is your understanding of our technology and how is it helping our customers?
      2\How does your experience and background relate to the role and what can you bring to the company?
      3\Commonwealth 5 core values, what do you think about them? Which CBA value is important to your personal and work life?
      ...(can't remember)
      6. You don't need to answer as it is just an introduction of Q7; You can just click next.
      7. I was given a scenario where a video of a man saying: Hi there my name is John and I am hoping to save for a car in about a year and wanted to deposit a $20,000 check into my account. Can you help? Then I to answer as if I were a teller.
      Note: You have 2mins to answer it.

One week later I am invited to meet at the branch with the branch manager and the cumtomer service manager.
      Question:
      1\ tell me something about you except the jobs, e.g. hobby
      2\what is your favorite book
      3\Tell me your experience with an angry customer
      4\What is your understanding of this position
      5\what does this position interest you most
      6\how do you see yourself with commbank
      7\how long have you stay in Melbourne
      8\Role paly: to have 5 minutes to read a brief of bank service of bank account and one customer profile. Then the branch manager plays the customer’s role, and ask me to help him with activating his bank card. When serving him, the candidate shall identify any sales opportunity.
      9\do you have any question (they are quite encouraging you to talk, and I ask three)
      The whole process takes 30 minites.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

I got to know about the job from indeed.com and I applied through their own portal. The next day I got invited to do the digital interview. I have 5 days to get that done. They inform of the next steps after this one that's conducted by HireVue.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in April 2017.

Interview

I was invited to attend an interview with two branch managers. Interview was formal but very relaxed. The interview lasted for about an hour and I received prompt feedback within 24 hours advising me that background checks would be undertaken, these took about two weeks to be finalised after which time I was verbally offered the position by the Talent Requisition Specialist. The whole process was very professional and prompt.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with pressure?
      Give an example of a time when you have handled passing on negative feedback to management.
      Give an example of handling friction within a team.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (MEL) in March 2017.

1. Initial online test - Usually gets sent out a couple of hours after they receive your application.
    2. Another online test - took longer than the first