Commonwealth Bank of Australia Graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

3.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

CBA were super efficient.. all in all a quick process given the number of interview stages. Initial pre-screening questions were pretty standard. Hardest part for me was the group case study - trying to work with other candidates with assessors on your back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

Video interview was extremely short (strict 2 minute limit), although the formatting was friendly and approachable with pre-recorded videos. The online assessments were from the company SHL and quite classic, with numerical reasoning, behavioural and numerical testing being assessed. For the video interview there were a total of 7 questions, the first two being incredibly easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Best recruitment process from everywhere i applied!! the whole thing went smoothly from start to finish.
    Applied online, did the online testing and got invite for video interview.
    video interview ran through 5 or so questions - why com bank, why this line, industry trends etc
    following video interview got asked to AC - had an office tour, individual assessment (speech) and a partner and group activity.
    they called people the following day to confirm or reject.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioural questions, e.g. tell us about a time where you solved a problem in a non conventional way   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

The application process for graduates is as follows:

Apply online - resume, academic transcript, cover letter, written questions (e.g. why Commbank? Why your specified service line?) etc.

Online psychometric testing - verbal, cognitive, numerical, workplace scenarios (values/fit) etc

Prerecorded Video Interview - 6-7 questions. The questions were basic company related, service line, behavioural and based on your university studies. Make sure you know the service line/business area well (including current market events etc).

Interview Questions

• Discuss a role model/thought leader who inspired you to change the way you do things.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (South Africa)) in April 2016.

Interview

Assessment Centre was very relaxed. Interview was well structured, with a number of prepared questions. There was also a group presentation, as well as an individual task at the end. Overall great process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you has an innovative solution to an issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Video on demand interview, you are given the opportunity to warm up with a few practice questions. A tutorial is also provided explaining the concept and how to perform well in it. The questions are standard, and you need decent internet connection for the video. The interview process takes approximately 20-25 minutes with a recommendation to use at least 2 of the 2.5 minutes allocated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to apply for your selected job role.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

1.online application
    2.schduled phone interview. generic questions only.
    3.online aptitude test. Basic SMH test,numerical ,introductive, psychometric.
    4.assessment centre.4 hours, includes individual interview and group activity and a written exercise. Really relaxing and friendly environment. Had a chance to talk with program executives and hr team during the morning tea break and lunch. Nothing to be worried about. Just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• generic questions about motivations, relevant experience and career aspirations and behavioural question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied for the Graduate Lawyer position. Started with a 15 min phone interview that consisted of behavioural type questions. The next stage was a 1 hour interview in their CBD office. Basically just used the STAR interview model. The last step was a final interview that focused on my legal drafting experience.

Interview Questions

• When have you overcome a difficult situation and what skills did you use to achieve this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

3 Interview rounds:
    1. Phone interview
    2. Psychometric testing / Group Assessment
    3. 1:1 interview w/ HR

Not much in terms of 'difficult' questions, no google-esque brainteasers. Talk about yourself and what you've done and you should be OK.

Mostly the questions were behavioural style, e.g. "tell me about a difficult situation that you needed to overcome", "tell me about a time when...." etc.

Interview Questions

• Not many unexpected questions, probably do the STAR technique (situation, task, action, result) for all the behavioural type questions and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to really negotiate as a grad.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Average interview process. Wish it was easier. There were 3 steps - online, phone, face to face. If I were to receive another offer from a different company I would have taken it. Hands down