Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2018

Capital Market Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I had TOTAL 8 interviews over months It boiled down to me or one other on the 6th They took other. I got "Called" back being told we want you too only to be told oh, we don't have a headcount

Interview Questions

• Market related, sales figures, client types, repeated to at least 15 people   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY).

Interview

I felt it was not difficult. General questions, nothing particular. I wasted good time in solving their exercise and in the end there was even no feedback.

Interview Questions

• They gave exercise to solve.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The data scientist first introduced the company and the team project, then gave me his background information. Then he asked me to tell him something about myself in the first 20 minutes. The first round was technical interview on-site, it lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 2 programming questions and a predictive modeling question, and had to present on a whiteboard to the interviewer.   Answer Question

KYC Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I interviewed on Friday and began working on the project by Wednesday. They performed a background check online using my social security number. There was noskill test or drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had experience with remediation projects.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I met with several senior managers. They discussed the role and job responsibilities. They posed a few scenarios and asked what I would do in such instances. They wanted to know how I handle regulatory matters and how comfortable I was in taking ownership of a situation.

Interview Questions

• How do I manage my work life vs my personal life. What is more important.   Answer Question

Interview

What are the process of interview and what they ask you and when do you start after all the processes are done. Do they need an experience in the same field to get the job?

Interview Questions

• What are the test you are doing and questions they will ask you on. The interview   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

You receive a email to log on to complete the online interview. Online interview showed video of an employee asking questions and then you have 30 seconds to prepare and your response is recorded for 1 minute.

Interview Questions

• How do you adhere to CBA's vision and values? Customer service excellence questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

1. Online Test (Easy)
    2. Video Interview (6 QUESTIONS)
    3. Group Interview
    4. Manager Interview
    I got the notification of video interview one week after the completion of online test. I am currently waiting for result of video intervew.

Interview Questions

• Why CBA?   Answer Question
    • CBA' vision is" : to excel at securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities", how is this related to the position you are applying for   Answer Question
    • CBA has 5 core value of integrity, accountability , collaboration , excellence, service, how those align with your personal and work vaules?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to achieve targets?   Answer Question
    • Scenario: Someone wants to deposit a cheque to purchase a car in the future. How would you deal with it?   Answer Question

Call Centre Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2018.

Interview

Initially online questionnaire for cultural and personality assessment, then after two days i got invitation for online Sonro interview and last step was to meet the hiring team and job offer and background checking.

Interview Questions

• One customer call and was upset on overdrawn of transaction account and you advise her to transfer funds from saving account to transaction account but she become more upset and ask to speak to your supervisor. What you will do to deescalate this matter?   Answer Question
    • Ana called and asked about CBA credit card offerings. What three questions you will ask her before giving information?   Answer Question
    • Chris is going to holidays in two weeks time for three months and want a credit limit for $10,000. She is looking for low interest rate card and want to pay quickly when back which card you will offer her.
      Black Gold Card limit $10,000
      Rate interest free for 3 months, after 3 months 11% interest rate, $2 overseas transaction charges and flexible contract term.
      Silver Gold Card limit $8,000
      Rate 11%, No transaction charges, Term 2 years   Answer Question
    • What is customer excellence and how ensures CBA vision?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about situation when mis-communication happen between you and client what action you took and what was outcome?   Answer Question
    • Integrity, accountability, collaboration, excellence & service are CBA values. What action you will take to ensure to meet these values?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parramatta (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Parramatta (Australia)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process involved an assessment centre with several senior managers in attendance to observe. We were split into groups for a team exercise which we had to present, followed by a Q&A session with the managers. We ended with a one on one interview with one of the senior managers with those waiting completing an essay question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to provide feedback to a colleague or client. How did you go about it?   Answer Question