Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

270 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY).

Interview

I felt it was not difficult. General questions, nothing particular. I wasted good time in solving their exercise and in the end there was even no feedback.

Interview Questions

• They gave exercise to solve.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The data scientist first introduced the company and the team project, then gave me his background information. Then he asked me to tell him something about myself in the first 20 minutes. The first round was technical interview on-site, it lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 2 programming questions and a predictive modeling question, and had to present on a whiteboard to the interviewer.   Answer Question

KYC Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I interviewed on Friday and began working on the project by Wednesday. They performed a background check online using my social security number. There was noskill test or drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had experience with remediation projects.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I met with several senior managers. They discussed the role and job responsibilities. They posed a few scenarios and asked what I would do in such instances. They wanted to know how I handle regulatory matters and how comfortable I was in taking ownership of a situation.

Interview Questions

• How do I manage my work life vs my personal life. What is more important.   Answer Question

Interview

What are the process of interview and what they ask you and when do you start after all the processes are done. Do they need an experience in the same field to get the job?

Interview Questions

• What are the test you are doing and questions they will ask you on. The interview   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

The application process involved an online application, online test and then a video interview. Then recruitment day which is the last stage of the interview process. It was straightforward and each step was emailed

Interview Questions

• A time when you have shown outstanding customer service   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

Psychometrics first, including identifying patterns in certain series of images then a video interview. Video interview gave you between 30 seconds to around 2 minutes to answer seven different questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a role model you have worked with and how they changed your way of thinking   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2017.

Interview

1) Online application
    2) Online testing (personality/behavioural)
    3) Video interview - very standard video interview
    - make sure you know the role you're applying for, have good lighting and minimal noise around, dress up, be confident and use the entire time they provide.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

Interview

Apply online, fill in some details and get a response for a digital recording interview (record your responses to some questions). Seven questions, first five are up to a minute long with a sixth empty. The seventh is a scenario with up to 3 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Scenario where someone wanted to deposit a cheque to purchase a car in the future.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in Melbourne in July 2016. There were four stages:

1. Online Application