Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

Customer Services Specialist Interview

Interview

Lengthy process with lots of different online tests that are generally easy. Video interview was a bit challenging especially with the question that asks you to roleplay as a person working at Commonwealth Bank and a customer would like to deposit 20,000 Dollars.

Interview Questions

• CBA' vision is" to be excel at securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities", how is this related to the position you are applying for   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

I got to know about the job from indeed.com and I applied through their own portal. The next day I got invited to do the digital interview. I have 5 days to get that done. They inform of the next steps after this one that's conducted by HireVue.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

CBA were super efficient.. all in all a quick process given the number of interview stages. Initial pre-screening questions were pretty standard. Hardest part for me was the group case study - trying to work with other candidates with assessors on your back.

Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Online application, online testing, video interview and assessment centre.
    Mostly standard but the video interview was great. You could warm up with a few easy questions which was really helpful. The assessment centre was a great opportunity to see the company and meet employees, activities and interview wasn't too daunting. Everyone was really friendly.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

I completed the application through CBA career website, up loaded both my resume and cover letter. About a week I then received an invitation email to do the digital interview. There were 7 questions but only 6 needed to be answered

Interview Questions

• Which CBA value is important to your personal and work life?
      How CBA's technology helping people?

Executive Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Interview

Submitted my CV and filled in the comprehensive HR form. Received confirmation email with links to background
    information on the role. Was not successful but received an email stating that

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

online application - online questionnaire + cash counting test - digital interview (ask about 7 questions) - personality test (more than 100 questions) - assessment centre (group interview + two rounds of 1:1 interview, morning tea and lunch offered) - background check (took about 1 week) - offer

The interviewers were quite friendly and helpful. Don't be nervous and try to enjoy the experience:)

All the best!

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

Video interview was extremely short (strict 2 minute limit), although the formatting was friendly and approachable with pre-recorded videos. The online assessments were from the company SHL and quite classic, with numerical reasoning, behavioural and numerical testing being assessed. For the video interview there were a total of 7 questions, the first two being incredibly easy.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with the manager and a consultant. They were very nice and engaging. They made me feel at ease.
    They answered any questions I had in depth.
    I felt they weighed my personality and skills the same amount, which I thought is a very good thing.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

For the online assessment:

1. Basic Aptitude Test (Mathematics and Abstract Reasoning)

2. Recorded Interview

- This was a unique experience for me and therefore I found this quite daunting.

- This was composed of 7 pre recorded video questions and for each question, you are given a 30 second preparation time, which you can skip, to give your 2 minute response.

- There is only one take per question.

- Before starting with the interview, you are given an unlimited time to practice 3 questions. Use this time to ease yourself before the actual interview.

3. Personality Test

- This was a another unique experience as it was conducted in a way that I am not familiar with.

- You are given 52 sets of 6 traits that are grouped into 2 (3 traits per group).

- To the right of the group you have two columns titled most likely and least likely.

- You are then to select which of the three traits in the group you are most likely and least likely to exhibit.

Interview Questions

• What experiences or backgrounds do you have that you can bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • What value do you have in your personal life that has helped you in your professional life?   Answer Question
    • What is your understanding of our technology and how does this benefit our customers?   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work for the Commonwealth Bank of Australia?   Answer Question
    • A scenario where a customer approaches you wanting to buy a car and offers to put down a deposit of $20,000.00. What is the first thing you should do?   Answer Question