Commonwealth Bank of Australia Senior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

2.0

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

1. Find Job Vac from website posted by CBA directly, filled online application form and sent e-CV to CBA HR websystem

2. more than 2 weeks, the first phone call coming in from HR, background profile check

3. 2 hrs online technical testing

4. 2 round of technical interview

5. 1 round of manager interview

6. after roughly 1.5 weeks interview process(step 3 - step 5), got HR oral offer

Interview Questions

• subjective questions from manager interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer they given me is fair compare my previous income level, so accept it, then plan to use my real performance to gain more

Other Interview Reviews for Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

I applied online. but I have not directly talked with CBA recruiter. They have an agreement with an Indian based Consulting company.(CBA is outsourcing some Software development works to this company) So I talked with somebody from this company over the phone. And They sent me link for coding testing. I did the test and sent them back. After a couple weeks they said they wont proceed further.. so I did a research about this indian consulting firm.What I am thinking is if you are not Indian, you have only %1-2 chance to get hired. Probably they are doing interviews just for formality so they can sponsor developers from India(because it cost much less) .
    Well,I think this is not a fair process. CBA should do all interviews not this consulting company..
     I spent a couple hours to collect data and about an hour to finish coding test. so i waste 3 hours of my time for nothing. so if you are thinking to apply for a Java Developer or Scala Developer position you should think twice ..As i Said, if this IT consulting firm(not CBA) interview with you and you are not indian most probably you will not get hired..and if you are indian i believe you more than %80 chance to get hired even if you are a crappy developer...

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. I did a phone conversation with a developer from a 3rd party Consulting Services(Tata Consultany Services). And i did a coding test. And after I got a message from recruiter that they wont proceed further. It was a big surprise. Then I talked a with a friend who works at Common Wealth Bank. He told me that they do interview just for formality. They sponsor low cost developers from overseas(from India),and also he said developers they brought to board are very bad. He said they do google search for everything ,copy paste from stackoverflow(even sometime they copy comments tooo) ,Well,at the end of the day the bank get screwed. So My advice is dont waste your time apply for a Scala /java develoepr job at Commonwealthbank. Everything is handled by Tata Consultancy Services..

Interview Questions

• Implements specific algorithm in scala   1 Answer