Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions in Sydney, Australia | Glassdoor

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions in Sydney, Australia

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.9

CBA Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process involved online testing, video interview and assessment centre.
    The assessment centre went for 5 hours in total (including breaks and lunch). The group exercise was intimidating as the ratio of assessors to applicants is 1:1 - imagine walking in to a small room packed full of executives ready to assess your every move. Off-putting.
    The panel interview almost didn't happen for me as the HR staff weren't organised enough to ensure every person was being interviewed.
    The individual exercise involved 15 minutes of preparation and a 2 minute presentation in front of several executives.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself.
      Detail one of your failures and how you overcame this.
      Explain your approach toward continuous improvement.
      Why do you want the role?
      What core value of CBA resonates with you and how do you embody this value?

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a interview after 40days applied. And it is a case study interview. But I don't think the case is quite relevant to this role. The role I applied is risk analyst. But I think the want some one more relevant of product management

Interview Questions

• Case study like how you calculate the revue of a product   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Job applied using online tool.
    Email updates provided by internal recruitment contact and then first round interview with two managers arranged within first few days.
    Second round interview following week.
    Interview process relatively straight forward and organised.
    Important to note, salary, existing leave and start dates not discussed in interviews with negotiations around these taking place with the internal recruitment contact. As a consequence some of this information seemed to not be accurately passed to the reporting line creating difficult conversations shortly after commencing in role.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for behavioural based interview technique with specific examples of previous achievements and learnings. Questions asked by panel were pretty stock standard and seemed to be provided from HR area.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Prepare to negotiate salary early on. Do research and support your case for a fair salary as they have a reputation for paying below market for comparable roles.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online, after 2 days received email to conduct video interview.
    2 weeks later, invited to group assessment center followed by 1:1 behavioural interview with a manager from digital on the same day. Took a total of 4 hours from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, some experience with stressful situations, display of teamwork/leadership   Answer Question

General Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parramatta (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Parramatta (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Relatively quick process, applied online and was asked to complete two online assessments, followed by a digital interview. After about a week I was contacted by a HR leader who gave me a phone interview where I was asked general questions about my interest in the role and availability. I was asked to complete a personality assessment and after a few more days was invited to attend their assessment centre

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

The application process for graduates is as follows:

Apply online - resume, academic transcript, cover letter, written questions (e.g. why Commbank? Why your specified service line?) etc.

Online psychometric testing - verbal, cognitive, numerical, workplace scenarios (values/fit) etc

Prerecorded Video Interview - 6-7 questions. The questions were basic company related, service line, behavioural and based on your university studies. Make sure you know the service line/business area well (including current market events etc).

Interview Questions

• Discuss a role model/thought leader who inspired you to change the way you do things.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Walked in to the branch with my Resume, and got contacted for an interview 3 weeks after because there is a full time position opening soon. After the interview with the branch manager, I have to wait for 3 weeks of background check. Have received the start date now

Interview Questions

• How do you cope with stress on the scale of 1 to 10. Do you show your level of stress at work?   Answer Question

Business Banking Contact Centre Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call for a telephone interview the following day. Interviewer asked a bunch of generic questions and after a little bit of conversation pretty much told me about the recruitment process and dates which they were looking to hire. Had an issue in regards to rostering that has still not been answered to this day although I was told I would be updated within 2 hours of ending this conversation. Received an sms to take part in their digital interview and proceeded to do that.

Interview Questions

• 1. Have you worked in KPI focused role, how did you manage to maintain your KPI and if you were not able to manage how did you go about to reaching your goals?   1 Answer

Direct Business Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

The online test was pretty easy and straightforward . There was an IQ test by SHL, you will need to practice a bit before you commence. Digital interview can be dicey though if you have never tried it before. Be calm and relaxed. I didn't do too well in this section .

Interview Questions

• How do you think Commbank has been able to use technology to strive in the sector?   Answer Question
    • Explain how Commbank Values will apply to your values at work.   Answer Question
    • There were about 3 different customer service scenario questions. If a customer is travelling overseas and needs a credit card which option would you offer him?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the CBA careers website (with a recommendation from a manager who liked my persistence and confidence). The process is very lengthy, but standard for large corporations.

First was the online assessments, testing personality and behaviour, etc.

Next is the online stimulation questions, where you count the correct change (as given on the screen). You also have a timer for this.

A few days/weeks later I had a missed call from CBA (idk if this was related to my personal accounts, or to setup up a phone/physical interview). I tired calling back but no luck. I was about to walk into the branch again to clarify, but I received an email for the digital interview.

I have just completed the digital interview. It is unattended/one-way interview, but will be webcam/mic recorded. I will now follow up the missed call to see if it was related to my application.

I had 7 questions for the digital interview (completely off memory, but accurate enough).

The questions are not hard at all if you're prepared enough! Goodluck ;)

Interview Questions

• 1) Why apply for this position/role?   1 Answer
    • 2) What can you contribute to CBA?   Answer Question
    • 3) How would you get the customer to become a CBA customer? + What would you do to reach sales targets?   Answer Question
    • 4) [Can't remember Q4]

5) How does CBA use technology to help customers?
      Answer Question
    • 6) [I'm sure this is a prequel question to #7. The question stated something like "if you are ready for the scenario question, press 'done' or 'submit'". The box to type the answer had 'N/A' already in it, and only allows for 7 characters (which was confusing at the time). I pressed 'done' because I couldn't do anything for question 6, and it took me to question 7.]

7) Scenario question: You have to pretend you're the teller serving 'John', who wants to deposit $20,000 cheque into account to save for a car within a year.