Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.9

Energy II Vacation Scholarship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation in August 2017.

Interview

Had a "Skype" interview using their own video sharing technology with two researchers at CSIRO. They were genuinely very nice and friendly people and they made me feel at ease with the process. I didn't manage to get through, but I sent an email asking for feedback and they replied with grace and kindness. I'm not part CSIRO but I'm left with a very good impression of the company.

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the CSIRO. The 1st interview was an online video web conference. Judged by a panel of engineers who ask technical questions. Overall the questions were fare but difficult enough that i suggest refreshing yourself with common JS frontend knowledge.

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation.

Interview

Phone interview
    It's pretty relaxing
    ask about previous project experience, interest and motivation
    Also asked whether I want to pursue a PhD after this.
    The interview is 30 minutes.
    The research scientist is quite busy so it's a quick one.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Adelaide (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position on line. after the first screening i was qualified for the next stage and requested foe an interview. We had a WebEx meeting with a panel of scientists which lasted an hour. First i made a presentation concerning my experiences and how i am suitable for the position. After the presentation i was asked the questions from the panel.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was long but pleasant. It was also a little weird, I was asked by one interviewer if I needed money at the end of the interview to travel into the city? I flew in to Melbourne from Sydney and hired a car to drive to the site from the airport and I told them that. They promised to reimburse me for the flight cost, they never did.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Behavioural and situational interview. Techical abilities at best is must. Need to demonstrate teamwork, leadership, extracurricular activities. Excellent academic performance and records. Experience in industry either actual work or vacation work experience will help. Need to demonstrate competencies using real situation. Need to show passion for scientific research, engineering innovation and Technology. Learn and research well about CSIRO before interview.

Senior Technical Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hobart (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Hobart (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

I had two face to face interviews which were pretty much like every other interview I've ever had. Because it was for a sea going role I also had a full medical including a dental examination, hearing, eye and blood tests and an electrocardiogram stress test which led to a follow up computed tomography (CT) scan. It was good to finally discover I had no life threatening diseases, but the process was stressful and time consuming.

Interview Questions

• What process would you follow if a piece of essential scientific equipment failed while you were supporting a voyage at sea?   1 Answer

Vacation Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation.

Interview

Applied online. After the closing date of the program, got an email scheduling a phone interview. Asking for rescheduling and they accepted my proposed time and date. Phone interview with very friendly people. They asked about my resume, why I applied and some technical questions related to the vacation project and what I mentioned on my resume. Then, they gave me a chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• CV, motivation, technical questions related to the vacation project.   Answer Question

HSE Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

Competitive candidate pool was reduced to a group of 7 for interview. The interview included the Operations Manager, Deputy Director and General Manager of HSE. The interview was conducted on site with several persons dialing in through video conference.

The interview was comfortable and the persons interviewing were professional and courteous.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Application, then Phone Screen

Pretty standard questions to assess motivations and ability. Started with questions about my CV, then moved on to motivations, and practical questions about my experience with the tools required for the internship. Friendly and over the phone. The interviewer mentioned that there was competition for the role, and that they would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with modelling software?   1 Answer