Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation Research Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation

1 Interview Review

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Brisbane (Australia)) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and had a total of 2 interviews and an evaluation before getting an offer. The first interview was the standard stock questions and about an hour long, the second was more detailed questions and about 2 hours, then I had to do an evaluation exam online that was pretty odd and took 2+ hours. Nothing was overly hard and the questions were appropriate for the job description I applied to. They were only doing online interviews for this position and I believe this is standard now to save funds. When given the job offer I was told that it was a standard government offer with no room for negotiation. After getting into Australia I quickly realized that their salaries are much lower than industry standard, but they were correct that at my level there was no negotiating room.

Interview Questions

• In the first 6 months of the job, what would you plan on doing?   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation of conflict in your previous employment.   Answer Question