Commonwealth of Kentucky Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commonwealth of Kentucky Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.9

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky in January 2017.

Interview

You interview with three people,two supervisors and Hr. It was smooth and very enlightening. We had a interruption in interview,so we talked about life and places to move to. They were really down to earth individuals and it was nice to talk about something more than the interview. I have received email about moving forward in hiring process,now I wait until they give me the good news!

Family Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky in February 2016.

Interview

I applied in September and was emailed an interview invitation in Feb. I was interviewed by 3 supervisors. The 3 ladies were very nice and professional. I was given a couple papers to look over that had information about the job, salary, etc. I was asked 5 behavioral questions and the ladies wrote down my answers as they were given. I felt I didn't get the opportunity to "sell" myself. The interview lasted about 20 mins. If I could do it all over, I'd try to sell myself while answering the questions. They said they send their recommendations to Frankfort and Frankfort makes the final decision and that I should hear something in 2 weeks. So, now I'm just waiting and praying.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an irate customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a goal to complete something and it didn't get completing in time. Tell me the outcome and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Telecommunicator Ll Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky in April 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was very intense, had to pass a polygraph, behavior assessment, back ground check and interview. The process was between 3 supervisors. Fairly quick. The actually interview part in front of the supervisors was the easy part of the whole process. If I remember correctly, I completed my drug test right after my interview.

Interview Questions

• How well do you get along with others? Name a time when....   Answer Question

Caseworker DCBS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Interview

Group Interview. 3 supervisors sit on one side of a table and ask "Form" questions, such as "Tell me about a time you had to do something challenging", "Tell me about a time you had a difficult interaction at work", etc...

Negotiation

none

Patient Aid II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Interview

Online application was lengthy, but once its in the system its just a matter of verifying your information if you apply for any other State job. I received an email within 3 days requesting a call to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled within 10 days.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a dozen questions about previous experience in the field, my best and worst costumer service experience.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Interview

It was a very long process. It took a long time to hear from them for the interview. It also took a long time to receive the job offer following the interview. I believe it was at least 6 months altogether from the time I applied to the time I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were treated rudely by a customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable.

Family Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was initially intimidating because there were 2 supervisors and myself sitting across from one another. They gave me a list of the 5 questions they were going to ask, so it was nice to prepare myself for the next questions. They were basic interview questions, nothing that threw me off. I stressed way too much for how quick the interview was-it maybe lasted thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you had to overcome in your last place of work?   9 Answers

Trade Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky (Louisville, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

typically hold panel interviews with 3-6 members of staff
    always a behavioral interview style
    each member of the panel has a grading sheet with the questions. you will be rated on a scale of 1-5, the sheet also has room for notes.

You will be given the job description to read, asked is this the position you are applying for, introduction of the panel, told it is a behavioral interview and responses should include a story, of a task, action taken and results. Then you may or may not be told how many questions there will be.
    While answering the questions the panel will be writing notes, and rating your answers. They may request you repeat or clarify responses. (as they are taking notes)

Systems Consultant IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky (Frankfort, KY).

Interview

Had 5 interviews with Kentucky. Mostly of questionable professionalism, due to people who are underpaid and underqualified interviewing people who are more skilled than they. The "head programmer" that interviewed me couldn't come up with anything more than the most rudimentary database questions. Then they lowballed me an offer than was over $10,000 less than I made.

Interview Questions

• Ha. The most difficult question was probably, "How can you improve performance of a database?" I gave them 5 or 6 ways. This question is a joke.   Answer Question

They were offering pay I made in 1995.

Office Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harlan, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky (Harlan, KY).

Interview

Applied through the state applaication portal. It was nearly a month before I was contaced by the third means of communication listed on my application, not sure why they chose to do this. Interviewed by the individual who would become my supervisor along with supervisors of other offices in the area. Basic "name a time" interview questions.

Interview Questions

• While not that difficult on a 1-10 scale the question of "despite your education work history and background why whould I hire you?" gave me pause for a moment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was supplied with the job description and salary estimate, along with the description of the benifits pacage at the conclusion of the interview.