Commonwealth of Kentucky Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commonwealth of Kentucky Interview Questions

Interviews at Commonwealth of Kentucky

Administrative Interview

Interview

Virtual and panel interview with 5 people. Thirty minutes long. You have an initial interview , and then they begin on boarding. Process can take up to a month. Did not hear any response after the interview for several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Multiple. 3 different parts to every question. Mainly about experience and how you dealt with co workers.   Answer Question

Legislative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky (Frankfort, KY) in May 2020.

Interview

After submitting an application, it takes about 4-5 weeks to get an interview scheduled. Your interview will be with 2-3 people. They ask fair questions. It is not intimidating. Some of the questions they ask are can you tell me about a time when you were criticized and how you dealt with it and are you able to work in a nonpartisan environment.

Social Worker Interview

Interview

They called to set up an interview about a couple of weeks after I applied. The interview was behavior based (previous experience) interview with 3 supervisors. Background checks and reference checks. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had conflict with a co-worker and what you did to try to resolve it.   Answer Question

Family Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky (Greenville, KY) in April 2019.

Interview

They asked behavioral questions and wanted a three part answer. For every question they asked they wanted a specific situation, what you did, and how it ended. None of the questions were too difficult and non were too tricky.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a customer was unhappy and what you did to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky (Paducah, KY).

Interview

There were 2 supervisors who conducted the interview. They focused on behavioral questions, getting to know me as an individual and way I wanted to come back to state government after being away for 10 years. Very comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work at the Department for Environmental Protection.   1 Answer

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

Interview

A behavioral interviewing method is used by a panel. Each panel member would ask at least two questions about how a particular situation had been handled in a prior work setting.

Interview Questions

• How you responsed to a situation with an irate or angry patron or customer.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky (Frankfort, KY) in July 2017.

Interview

Three current employees, a branch manager, supervisor and assistant director, interviewed myself and six other candidates for a supervisors position. They advised me of what the process would entail prior to beginning the process and afterwards they advised me that if they contacted my references then I would know they had been considering me for the position but that if they did not then I would most likely not receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• It was a behavioral based set of interview questions which required the applicant to provide a situation and their resolution to that situation.   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky in January 2017.

Interview

You interview with three people,two supervisors and Hr. It was smooth and very enlightening. We had a interruption in interview,so we talked about life and places to move to. They were really down to earth individuals and it was nice to talk about something more than the interview. I have received email about moving forward in hiring process,now I wait until they give me the good news!

Family Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky in February 2016.

Interview

I applied in September and was emailed an interview invitation in Feb. I was interviewed by 3 supervisors. The 3 ladies were very nice and professional. I was given a couple papers to look over that had information about the job, salary, etc. I was asked 5 behavioral questions and the ladies wrote down my answers as they were given. I felt I didn't get the opportunity to "sell" myself. The interview lasted about 20 mins. If I could do it all over, I'd try to sell myself while answering the questions. They said they send their recommendations to Frankfort and Frankfort makes the final decision and that I should hear something in 2 weeks. So, now I'm just waiting and praying.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an irate customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a goal to complete something and it didn't get completing in time. Tell me the outcome and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Research Management Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Kentucky (Frankfort, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

Board interview. Had 3 people on the panel. Had to do situation, action, and result responses to questions. Whole process from first contact to hiring took months, which is common.

Interview Questions

• wanted to know what policy, procedure, and database experience I had.   1 Answer