Commonwealth of Massachusetts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.7

Stewardship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belchertown, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Belchertown, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with Head of the Department of Fish and Wildlife and two other Biologists. Overall very friendly and comfortable. They wanted to know if I had any certifications. There was a written portion of the interview that tested not only GIS knowledge but also required you to provide knowledge of the enforcement of conservation easement policies.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a private citizen that has built an illegal structure on a conservation easement?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Standard questions. Asked a lot about what you are looking for and your character. Basic questions regarding how you would handle standard situations. They then walk through your resume line by line and quiz you on general knowledge of the agency. A simple google search will suffice. Do not try and drop names. They won't care once you have the interview.

APR Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

A panel interview of 3 people, the hiring manager and two supervisors. I was not informed it would be a panel interview so I was caught off guard. Each asked a different type of question, one supervisor asked about my experience, the other asked about my knowledge of the job, and the hiring manager asked personal questions about my background and goals.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel confident your past experience will allow you to meet the requirements of this job?   Answer Question

Maintenance Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

3 people in the room,( the supervisor of the location of the position, the head person's assistant, and the "acting" hiring manager for the corridor) each one asked me an easy question and that was the end of the interview...no hands on observation, no practical exam...only one other person was interviewed for the position and that person was hired even though he'd only just obtained the appropriate licenses and hadn't even operated a majority of the equipment that was listed under requirements which stated that you needed to be experienced with the operation of all the equipment. When I went to file a grievance, I was told by the union that the hiring manager stated that the other person was more qualified than I, even though I'd been operating the equipment in question with the department for almost 6 years and held all the appropriate licenses for 20 or more years...

Interview Questions

• If I would mind working more than 40 hours, if needed...   1 Answer

Employee Interview

Interview

Long it was boring interview: I had a one on one interview with the manager of HR and a separate one on one with the manager of interns. They were both super nice and helpful. They knew what they were looking for. I got it because my background was clean.

Office Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrentham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Wrentham, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Panel style interview with four people, including my potential boss. They took turns asking questions and everyone wrote down my answers. I wasn't told this was to be a panel interview so it was a surprise. That said, they were all easy to talk to so the interview ended up going well.

Interview Questions

• What would your last boss say was your biggest challenge?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Cambridge, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

it went great till they want a soldier - they expect everything perfect they are crazy. They try to confuse people they say one thing then do another they are looking for someone to come and run but they forgot the most important no one knows there environment they need to learn the environment before they can run like a machine they want too much for the pay and commute.

Interview Questions

• well I was told I am only going to ask 2 questions then she hits me with 12-15   1 Answer

Direct Care Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Worcester, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Took about 30 / 35 minutes . Just all common question about job description , timeing , intersted ,
    Overall experince the supervisor is very nice , easy going, make round in facilities . Told me about following process if we hire

Economist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process contained two in person interviews. The second included a writing assessment. The first interview was with two individuals: the assistant director and a colleague. The second interview had the department director, an HR representative, and another manager. They included generic interview questions about experience, theoretical situations, and opinion questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle doing a lot of work, coming to an informed conclusion, and then being told by a politician that you are wrong and to come up with a different scenario?   1 Answer

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica Plain, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Jamaica Plain, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very calm and relatively laid back. Overall the process was low stress and the three interviewers where kind and did not seek to be intimidating or stern. The interview was on time and ran about a half hour which is what they had stated it would be. Questions where straightforward and there was none in which i felt like i was being tricked.