Commonwealth of Massachusetts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Commonwealth of Massachusetts

2.7

Sort:

Law Clerk Interview

Interview

Interviewed by the assistant attorney general along with another member of the office. Was asked detailed questions about my construction background because they handle home improvement contractor hearings. I wasn't asked a lot of legal questions. They were just trying to get a feel of who I was to see if I would mesh with their team.

Lab Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica Plain, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Jamaica Plain, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

1 interview - receive offer within a week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not flexible - it's set.

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interviewer skimmed through my resume and asked me about some of the experiences that I have had. The interview was pretty informal and he told me about what the internship entails and he was very kind to tell me about his own experience working there, and the work environment. At the end of the interview, he told me that he would get back to me soon which he did within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• At the "(the organization that I have worked at previously), what were some of your responsibilities and what did you gain from it?"   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in October 2018.

Interview

Responsive to application, and scheduled quickly. Did not know in advance that there would be three people in the room.
    Was very casual, and not many questions were asked. Lasted 30 min.

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Boston, MA).

Interview

Called in and sat for several interviews. Sat with a panel that ranged from 3 to as many as 10 people from the agency that asked about 10 questions. Questions were about disabilities, importance of diversity, getting along with co-workers, job placement and development and rehab counseling. Some questions were behavioral and you were given a scenario and asked to discuss what would you do. Interviewers are matter of fact and generally unfriendly. I was told to expect this coming into it because it was done to minimize bias.

Interview Questions

• May be asked about protocol, policy and procedure. If you lack professional work experience these may be hard questions to answer off the cuff.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Boston, MA).

Interview

Completed a phone screening, required case study, and in-person interview. The interview was with five staff members. Was asked to present findings from the case study. The interview lasted roughly 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Interview

3 step interview. Phone screening, sit down interview with other ADA's. Sit down interview with senior staff. Process is intense as job comes with a lot of responsibility and has steep learning curve.

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts (Danvers, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied in person at the main Hogan office in Danvers, MA. The process took a few weeks. I was called for an interview and exchanged e-mails with the hiring manager- we found a time fairly quickly that worked for both of us. It was a 1:1 interview and very easy going and conversation like. I was given an offer on the spot but took a few weeks to go through HR.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Interview

Submitted resume and was requested an interview within the same week. I went to the interview and got to meet the Inspector General and answer questions. I received the job by the end of the day. Just be very friendly. You were not expected to know everything the office does but you should look like you are very interested in sharing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told compensation on the spot. Nonnegotiable

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Interview

Online application (cover letter, resume, recommendations). Phone interview with intern coordinator, followed a few days later by a phone interview with the department head. Both lasted about 30 minutes and were friendly and conversational - questions were fairly standard (resume questions, career future, etc.) - nothing unexpected or very surprising.

Interview Questions

• What part of the Governor's policy agenda are you most interested in?   Answer Question