Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2018

2.4

Community Liaison Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in May 2010.

Interview

You either have to take a test to get in or you are given a score based on your experience. Apply away, but everything at the state is extremely SLOW. You can start a new position somewhere else before they get around to calling you. Also - they are bound by Union rules, in that they have to interview "X" amount of people prior to filling a position. More often than not, an internal candidate or a "friend" has already been picked, but they have to go through the "motions" to appease the union contract.

Interview Questions

• Will the new governor take his chimps with him at the end of his term?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is NO negotiation, pay is what they offer and time off is granted by years of service.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Extremely easy. They gave me a printed paper with the list of intended questions. Embellish on your answers because they can not ask follow up questions. Very casual interview. The questions were very generic. They asked about my hobbies at the end. I was very professional and brought printed copies of my resume. Two people interviewed me and wrote the answers down.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Tell us a situation you overcame in a workplace.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (Harrisburg, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Going through the civil service process is a bit discouraging because you're sent all these announcements and you're to send them back if you're interested but you will probably not hear back from most of them. Once you get a call for an interview, that is about normal. You're asked the usual questions but may be interviewed by several people at once, so it can be more intimidating. After being hired, don't believe everything the HR rep tells you because apparently they don't actually know what they're supposed to know. I was told I wouldn't have any benefits for 6 months when actually medical kicks in almost from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Probably where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

I filled out the online application and set up a day and time to take the test for the selected position. After taking the Test I awaited for a job interview survey via mail which I returned if I was interested or not. I was called for interview.

Interview Questions

• What questions would you ask of us before we end this interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was either accept or decline.

Clerk Typist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

After receiving and completing a gamut of forms to be completed, you're called for a date to be "interviewed". The interview is really a room full of potential employees, about 30 in the room. The process takes about 1/2 the day where Business Analysts look over all of your documentation, they may also make recommendations for other positions for you to test and intervie for. You do fill out additional paperwork while there such as the I9, W4, and to order where you would like to work in the city's County Assistance Offices.

Interview Questions

• It's not really an interview so there are no questions. They go over all of your documentation, copy your ID, etc.   1 Answer

Case Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

Interview

Gave you questions to review prior to panel interview. People were friendly, but made little to no eye contact, as they were taking notes. Also no interaction other than asking the questions-be careful not to ramble, but make your piont.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in February 2013.

Interview

Long time to hear back from the original testing time period. Seemed like a long time to process background checks as well as pay was too low to accept to live off.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn most from your previous job and how has it benefited you?   Answer Question

Information Technology Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

The first step is to schedule and take a Civil Service exam for the job title/position you are interested in. After testing, candidates are mailed their score results, and "availability notices" start to come in the mail to your home with open positions being interviewed for across all Commonwealth agencies and offices. You send back the ones that interest you designated on the form you wish to be considered for an interview. If they are interested, they will interview you and then possible select you from all interviewed candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over all the other eligible candidates we are interviewing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They call you and offer the position and you either decline or accept.

General Manager Interview

Interview

Time to schedule interview was a lengthy process. Interview was about an hour in length and was structured. Time allotted was adequate to provide detailed responses without feeling rushed. There was a total of 15 questions, as well an opportunity for questions and answers at the end of the interview. Time to complete all Human Resource and onboarding activites was very long.

Interview Questions

• What's is your favorite color and what does that say about you?   Answer Question

Referee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was pleasant and easy to talk to. The questions were relatively predictable. I left the interview feeling like I did well. The interview process was not grueling and is not really designed to weed out the best candidates.