Commonwealth of Virginia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

3.3

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia (Manassas, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was by far the strangest I've even encountered. 4 Person panel with prepared questions but they never asked questions outside the scope of what was presented to me on a document when I arrived. There was little if any eye contact as the panel was so busy writing my responses word for word. Not sure why they didn't record it and go back later.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if a diabetic patient was not taking his medication?" totally not within the scope of the job description as the position had NO patient contact.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia (Richmond, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

You have to go through two interviews one is a partial training to make sure you can perform the job. The process is flexible if you reach out early and often you can have a phone call interview to help you get your foot in the door. The representative were nice and allowed us to speak freely without feeling to pressured.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to adjust yourself to new knowledge and leverage it in the workplace.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was scheduled a month after applying. It had the scary no-nonsense atmosphere of a dystopian bureaucracy. I was lead into a locked waiting area by admin staff where I spent the next 10-15 minutes twiddling my thumbs as unknown staff members walked past, scoffing at my acknowledgement of them. Eventually one of my interviewers rushed me off to a small room with 3 diverse people that still managed to sidestep any demographic I fit into. The interview was impersonal. All questions were scripted. No follow-up questions took place, no discussions arose from the questions, and my pleasantries were met with Spartan laconism. The interviewers took notes as if studying wildlife instead of meeting with someone. They were all very hard to read, and gave no verbal feedback. I got the sense my interview was a formality, that someone else had already been chosen and I was simply there to give the appearance of competition. After the interview I was left to navigate the series of locked doors that dumped me out the the wrong side of the building. They failed to contact me by the deadline they set and ignored my follow up.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, followed by 3 person panel. Each person asked questions specicic to their topic, such as describing challenging situations, describing scope of projects, and describing working in a team

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview with three individuals. They will not look at you most of the time, as they are writing down what you have to say. Extremely impersonal. If they are not writing, you are not saying anything of worth to them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia (Newport News, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

There was a 3 person panel interview, followed by a 1 on 1 interview conducted by a senior officer.
    Several weeks later a 700 question psychological exam was completed.
    Followed by an extensive background investigation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a police office with the Commonwealth of Virginia   Answer Question

Business Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia (Richmond, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

- Got a call after submitting the resume. You need to fill out all the detail. My resume was all shining , however I just attached it to the online application and did not fill out the experience columns in the online application. Just said see my resume. HR called me and said that I will be interviewed only if I fill out experience columns in the online application. I did fill out and then called HR again.
    - Got called for in person interview
    - It was a panel interview
    - Interview time : 1 hour

Health Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia (Richmond, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

After the closing date, HR Analyst called to set up the interview. It was a panel with 3 people, including the hiring manager. I was also asked to provide a writing sample after the interview, as the position occasionally has to write grant proposals.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. There was nothing unexpected. I did receive the interview questions a head of time while waiting for the panel to assemble.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Know your worth. VDH will only offer up to 10% increase. Nothing more. So just know that going into the interview. If you are looking for more than that, its not going to happen.

Economic Service Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinsville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia (Martinsville, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

The company website screened my application and found that I qualified for an interview. I received a letter that gave me a pre-set interview. I was interviewed by a panel of 3 people with interview questions that I was told would be asked of all interviewee's and the panel would be writing down my answers. The intervew lasted about 25 minutes and their were 10-15 questions.

Interview Questions

• Could I calculate food stamp benefits for a household of 2 people with their personal information provided? I did not know the Virginia rules and was told them so I could calculate this families benefits.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia (Richmond, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview with a panel of 3

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to DMAS that will have a positive result while addressing the mandated requirements in place.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be prepared to discuss how you will address problems, how you will bring a positive attitude