Community College of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.7

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Community College of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

A structured interview process probing for sales skills - group interview with four individuals. All candidates received same questions so they could compare and contrast answers/candidates. During the interview, I sensed that I have a broader, deeper higher education background than what they were looking for, and that I may have not connected with their users. My past experience extended beyond the geography of the city of Philadelphia.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Community College of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Interviewed with a committee that was Ok. Then the dean and that was fine and finally the VP who was on the way out and not all that interested.

Interview Questions

• How do you see the mission of the college as aligning with your work?   1 Answer

Student Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Community College of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief, lasted about 30 minutes. Did not ask questions about past experience or future objectives. I really just want to be able to unlock glassdoor info so I have to fill this out.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about the counselor position   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Interview

Interview process just ask some professional math questions, like pre-calculus, calculus and little further complicated math.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am not willing to negotiate.

Academic Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Community College of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

At first, the interview process was professional. I was given thorough details for the interview and waited two weeks for a reply. Then, I interviewed for the position. The process was underdeveloped, in regards to organization and execution. The climate was intimate but aloof for an academic environment.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, that is what worried me. However, there was one unexpected question in regards to external obligations and previous experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate anything. All salary requirements and program coordination was previously arranged, or so I thought.

Orientation Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Community College of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

This is a group/panel interview process. One must be a current student with a GPA of 2.50 or higher in order to be considered for this position. They do work around your school schedule if you are taking classes at one of the campuses but you must be flexible Monday- Friday and be available on Saturday a month from 7 am to 1 pm.Be prepared to compete and answer questions along with fellow career seekers for the same position as yourself.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership skills/abilities?   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Community College of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview was endless. I had four interviews including one with the president of the college. Each person was however very nice. I was not too nervous as I really prepared for each meeting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Faculty Librarian (Full Time, Tenure-track) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Community College of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

For the first hour I was read a series of about 12 standardized questions related to the position, my background as a librarian, and the college community. After that I taught a mock 20 minute class in a computer classroom to the same panel.

Bear in mind that about half the panel were other faculty that I either already worked with or had met. My main impression of the process was that it was not very transparent, that little flexibility was given to the search committee on how to elucidate the candidates. When I tried to "go deep" on a few of my answers I got the sense of some of the panel members shutting down. I felt that they had already made a decision not only about me but about the position itself.

Interview Questions

• Our student body is quite diverse in its makeup. How would you or do you handle diversity?   1 Answer