Community Residences Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Community Residences Inc. Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Community Residences Inc.

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Community Residences Inc. (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

The nurse and hiring manager both interviewed me at the residence where I would be working. The questions were straight forward and to the point. They gave me time to think my answers over.

Interview Questions

• What made me want to work with the population that Community Resdiences work's with?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Community Residences Inc. in January 2014.

Interview

The initial 10 minute interview was over the phone. The second interview was in person less than a week later, at which I told them which programs I was interested in. One week later they scheduled the third interview, where I got to visit the program that needed my skill set. I interacted with the clients and staff and got to see what the job would be like. The training began about one month after the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• On the initial interview they asked me about my philosophy on care, my experience and how it was pertinent to the job, and a couple similar questions. The second interview was more in depth, and included problem solving in made up scenarios.   Answer Question

Peer Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Community Residences Inc. (Chantilly, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one was with a interviewee. The second one was by myself. They do an FBI finger print check. No drug test. It takes a little bit of time.

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Community Residences Inc. (Chantilly, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by HR to come to HQ for a panel interview. I was intervied by 4-5 program managers and others from the agency. After this interview, I waited a week or so, then was contacted to interview with the manager at the program where I would be working. I had a face-to-face interview with her, then she asked me to help prepare the afternoon snack and interact with the individuals while she observed, to see if I would be a good fit. Following this interview, it was another week or so and I got a call from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Note that we're generally supposed to eat the same or similar food as the individuals do, and DSPs cook meals in the programs . . . "If one of your coworkers made some chicken for dinner and it was rather dry (too dry to eat), what would you do?"   2 Answers

Negotiation

There's not much negotiation. I was offered a salary and accepted it.