Commvault Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.9

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email and then I had someone (who was obviously not a technical person) ask me the same 2 questions that every other place asks which are about dns and https. She then seemed to harp on the fact that I had no experience in tape backups. I don't know if any IT techs who do so, it was basically a waste of time. I guess having over 6 years professional experience and a bachelors in IT means nothing.

Interview Questions

Commvault Response

Jun 19, 2017 – Employee Experience Team

Hi, I am so sorry to hear that you feel this way. Our intention is that each candidate has a positive interview experience. A bachelor’s in IT is certainly important, especially in this industry and ... More

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commvault (Tinton Falls, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Employer walked with me around the building and asked me questions about my interests and concerns in the legal department. Atmosphere was very friendly and casual and process was not too long or drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the Commvault Legal Department?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commvault (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First Round of the interview process. Took an online coding test with a group of other interviewers. We all brought out own laptops. The test was 45 minutes, 3 questions. No outside help was allowed and you are monitored at all times. Their coding environment had no syntax aids or autocomplete and because you could not look up language specific functions or syntaxes, the biggest challenge for me was trying to remember how to do specific things in code by memorization, something I have never done. The problems themselves were not difficult, but relying on memorization of coding syntax is necessary and not knowing them costs you dear time, something you do not have a lot of.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Check if string1 is a rotation of string2 and the degree of rotation
      Q2 Print out the values of a BST in CCW order, only printing the 'border' elements
      Q3 Given a budget N, and K gifts each with their own prices, select the max amount of gifts you can purchase
      1 Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commvault (New York, NY).

Interview

Good very it was not bad it was a great process i was ready for the interview I was a little nervous. But I felt ok enough to get through

Entry Level Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commvault (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied to CommVault through a referral. They got back to me quite soon and sent me an online programming quiz. It was hard to finish as there were too many questions and too little time.Also, i was not aware that i would not be able to go back to Part A after the timer was up. 60 marks of the test were assigned to the web programming quiz questions. Make sure to complete Part A on time.
    They haven't gotten back to me after i completed the test.

Interview Questions

• It was a 2 part test- Part A(20 min)- Web Development Related Questions in a quiz format. Code snippets were given and i was asked to correct it or identify the lines with mistakes.Topics were Jquery, Javascript etc.
      Part B(40 min
      ) - 3 programming questions to be coded in Javascript on Arrays,Object Oriented Principles.
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I had 3 coding rounds. The process also involved discussing on design problems and optimizations and discussion on my prior experience. The interview was time bound and I was constantly engaging with the engineer to project my thought process. There's minimal to none support in solving the problem. Attention to coding detail is really important. Having good knowledge in distributed systems and kernel space is a plus

Interview Questions

• How do you display the nodes of a binary tree in vertically aligned order   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Commvault (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick call for availability. Good interview with a lot of questions ranging from basics of Java to debugging. The process was smooth and the result was given out within five days of the phone interview. Overall, a good experience taking a challenging interview with Commvault.

Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (Tinton Falls, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Basic questions, asked about what I was interested in regarding school and career. Talked about what went on around the company. For not knowing much about computer software, it got me interested in looking further into it.

Interview Questions

• What type of career do you want to follow.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commvault (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was through referral. I got an email asking to select multiple time slot for interview and they would get back to me with a fixed time. I got there prompt response in 24 hours. The interview was dot on time on phone. It started with basic questions what are you doing right now? Tell me your experience. He did not spend any time on what the company was doing what my role was going to be etc etc, got directly into asking me technical questions in C++. I said that my proficiency in C is more but I have basic knowledge of C++. He told me to rate myself on a scale of 1 to 10 . 10 being the highest expertise.

The question started with difference between C and C++. What is inheritance, have you worked on debugging tools. What is inline function, difference between macro and inline function, public private protected. Difference between thread and process. Which is better and why?

He was going into more detail and twisted the questions very well. I had limited knowledge of C++ so it did not go too far. In 1 hour I was done and he said the HR will get back. Hopping for the best but it's not looking so good.

Interview Questions

• Difference between composition and inheritance   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (Elizabeth, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Attended the career fair on campus and got an email two weeks later. Took an one-hour online test. Then got an email informing of telephone interview. Failed on the interview. The recruit system is considerate, there are time slots for interviewee to choose.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about your project experience.
      2. You have both java and c++ background, which one would you prefer.
      3. Some c++ questions:
      1) Can you tell me the difference between stack and heap and their memory location?
      2) Difference between C and C++?
      3) What is a virtual function? What is pure virtual function? What is virtual constructor/destructor? What is virtual table and virtual pointer?
      4) Implement a circular linked list

4. Do you have any question for me?
      Answer Question