Commvault Interview Questions in Oceanport, NJ | Glassdoor

Commvault Interview Questions in Oceanport, NJ

2.5

Software Developer - NetSuite Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanport, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commvault (Oceanport, NJ).

Interview

Met CommVault at University Career Fair... Was emailed to set up an interview immediately following the fair... Met them 5 days later at Oceanport Office. Had quick laid-back interview, very conversational. Interviewed with 3 people that I would be working with. Very comfortable, no technical questions asked.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanport, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commvault (Oceanport, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Formal Interview with two of the heads of the finance department. It was a very quick and to the point process. The whole interview probably took less than a half hour. They ran down my resume and asked questions based off of what I had on it. More of a process to get to know the candidate's personality.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commvault (Oceanport, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through university and the process took a day - interviewed via phone in February 2014. It was a technical interview and questions based on C++ were asked. The interviewer didn't really give me an option to choose my computer language preference, he just asked me whether I'm comfortable in C++ or not? When I said I'm comfortable in java he still said he will ask questions in C++!

Interview Questions

• Find the maximum number of anagrams in a given string of characters.   Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (Oceanport, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

2 Telephonic Interviews. Onsite Interview after a test. Onsite interview has a code test 3-4 interviews.

The first onsite-interviewer was extremely rude. He was cutting me short, smiling when I answered wrong, was telling me I was wrong before I could finish writing some code. He left before his time was over. I had a feeling he was not interested in recruiting me, right from the beginning.

Most of the interviewers were asking Threading questions, which I initially claimed I had no experience in.

Interview Questions

• Have you memorized this answer? (I wanted to swear at him when he went out).   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanport, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (Oceanport, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied for the position and sought out the sponsorship of the CIO who I had worked with in the past. Met with the Hiring Manager and one of his peers and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience in Data Infrastructure sales.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The overall experience was a positive one with a positive outcome.

Director, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanport, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commvault (Oceanport, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

Met with leader of function, colleagues, and client supported. Flew to corporate headquarters following a screen with my recruiter. Then met with client group locally. I met with about 8 people overall who offered a good overview of the organization and how the team would work together.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel it means to be accountable?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (Oceanport, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

Got two rounds of phone interviews. Interviewed for c/c++ but the person asked more of Java questions. Second round of interview completely on C and Unix. After few days they gave a programming assignment. I have sent the working code and documentation. There is no response from commvault after that. I kept on asking them what the feedback for the assignment. After 15 days they sent a template email saying they are considering other similar candidates at this time. Company and people are so unprofessional. Totally it is waste of time.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Commvault (Oceanport, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

Absolutely awful experience. The manager had me over for an interview on site after 2 rounds of phone interviews. After a day long interview followed by a skills test and another phone interview (overall 4 rounds), they wanted to make an offer immediately. That offer came after nearly 30 days even though they promised to send it within 2-3 days. No proper explanation was offered during this time and the manager went off on vacation without informing me. I finally received the offer from HR and accepted it. The next day, the manager returned from vacation and wanted to rescind the offer. Total lack of professionalism.

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanport, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (Oceanport, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

Sat with various group managers and was questioned mostly on Windows related topics and ability to communicate with customers reporting software problems. Different scenarios were used related to Microsoft and CommVault Software

Interview Questions

• Basic troubleshooting techniques where   1 Answer

Java GUI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commvault (Oceanport, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

first phone interview
    then onsite: receptionist - > H.R manager -> group IT manager - > skill test on computer
    -> lunch -> still test -> finish

causal enviroment, easily get over dressed, since most people wear Jeans, T-shirt, sneakers.

Interview Questions

• What are some situations where you would make constructors private   Answer Question