Compass Agent Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Agent Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

The Interview Process was multi-step. It lasted over 5 weeks because of the holidays and new year so many of the hiring managers were out of town. There was a phone interview, 1 in-person interview, and 3 virtual interviews. Overall, it was a good, albeit long, experience.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you continuously find yourself having to work on in your professional life? (A different way to ask "what is your weakness"?)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Compass

Agent Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass in January 2019.

Interview

Overall the interview process was pretty straightforward. I had 3 rounds of interviews:

1) Screening call with a recruiter at HQ in New York and was then invited to a "next step" where they reviewed my communication and writing style with situational emails.
    2) Two Skype-style interviews with potential future teammates.
    3) Three in-person interviews with regional department heads.

The interview process was very straightforward, although my recruiter was a bit slow to respond to emails, etc. Based on my experience and recommendations (such as my previous boss who is now at Compass...) I was actually a bit surprised not to receive an offer (not saying that in a cocky manner), and I felt very blind-sided by the decision. During my final interviews everything went very smoothly and I felt my conversations were overall positive -- after telling me they "desperately need to hire" they asked my location preferences, potential starting timeframe, and salary expectations. Some even mentioned things such as "oh you'll have to mention [insert hobby] to so and so when you start. They'll be really excited." They really wanted to drive home the fact that this is an account management position and that they are a tech company first and foremost.

My "rejection" came as a standard form email and didn't even have the correct position location in the subject. The next day the position had been reposted with a new location name and a completely different description of the role. I reached out to my recruiter via phone and email in the hopes of receiving feedback, but he never responded. Looking back now I feel that they could have handled things better on their end, and I feel they acted a bit unprofessionally in their execution.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult agent. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage competing priorities, especially if two major tasks are due at the same time?   Answer Question

Agent Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

I applied through Glassdoor and was contacted by a Compass recruiter. I had a phone screen with the recruiter and then a writing test. After that I moved on to 2 virtual interviews. Following this I was asked to interview at HQ in NYC to meet with the Senior Regional Manager. The final round was with 2 additional people in the territory the role operates out of.

The people I met with were extremely nice and very easy to talk to. The interview was more conversational. Something I especially enjoyed was that each person I spoke to started by giving me a background on who they were and what their current role was. It allowed me to really understand who I was speaking with and how we related.

Interview Questions

• Could you give me an example of a time when you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (Naples, FL).

Interview

Over all, it was pretty smooth considering how the company is in a crazy stage of growth/change. I didn't have clarity on how long the process would take or how many interviews I would have from the beginning and couldn't really get answers when I asked. However, now I know that my interview process went a lot faster than most. I ended up having 7 interviews and a written test, but all were scheduled and completed within 7 weeks. I had one in person interview - the rest were phone screens or video conferences. Each interview was with a different person in a different (adjacent) role in my region (ex. someone higher up in my org chart, someone in the local office, etc). The best part about it was getting to speak to many people who are now on my team/that I work with. I also felt like I was able to ask a lot of questions to get a better understanding of the org structure, the local office, "a day in the life", culture, career paths/growth, etc.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were based around trying to understand my personality, if I embodied the 8 entrepreneurship principles, etc. I'd say 85% of the interview questions were culture fit based, the other 15% based on skills, experience, role playing etc.   Answer Question