Compass Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Compass

2.8

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview with two people from the marketing team, one of them is the regional designer. They asked some behavioral interview questions and some design questions (design process, past projects, etc.) and then the marketing manager comes in. She is very inspiring. She has a lot of amazing experiences and she knows what she's talking about.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome the situation when you have different opinions with the clients?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Compass

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass.

Interview

Really enjoyed my interview process, the recruiter I worked with seemed genuinely interested in my career goals and was very communicative every step of the way. Recruiter from the company reached out to me and we scheduled a phone call. She set me up to meet with the team onsite, and a few days later made an offer.

Interview Questions

• What about this role at compass most excites you as you continue to grow as a Designer?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Compass in December 2018.

Interview

I had phone and video interviews which all went well. The majority of the interviews were with people throughout the company in different cities which was nice to see the company as a whole but would have love a little more focus on the primary city.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Compass (San Francisco, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Overall really disappointing experience with a major red flag. I interviewed for a designer role in San Francisco and after interviewing with a total of 8 people and presenting a brochure assignment and being told I was doing really well throughout the process by the HR recruiter who shared the benefits package with me after my final interview and checked in between interviews too many times, I was given a BAIT AND SWITCH and asked to take an associate role with less pay despite my ~5 years of design experience. The recruiter was full of air and couldn't exactly tell me why I was being asked to take a lower role. When I finally got a response about what the actual difference between an associate and a designer is, I was told "we delegate projects based on bandwidth not title" which didn't make any sense at all. What's the point of the title exactly? I mean I was pretty gobsmacked by how this turned out. I was truly excited about the company beforehand but after this, wouldn't recommend them at all. To add to this, not a single designer, associate, or manager I spoke to during this process sounded excited about the projects they are working on. Everyone seemed stressed out and uninspired which isn't surprising when you consider that they are designing variations of the same black and white monograms, flyers, and brochures for agents all day. I had to follow my gut and walk away from the demoted offer. They seem like they don't value their 100+ designers (a number I was told during my final interview) and there seems to be some chaos within the organization. The SF office is very subpar as well, I was surprised by that. It's across from Adobe's HQ and has ZERO windows. It felt very basement-like.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. How do you take criticism, etc. Overall really generic questions.   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

I got an email and set up the phone interview time. He was late at the interview day, but he sounds like a nice guy. He ask if I have Indesign project to email him.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, and ask me if I have any questions to him.   Answer Question