Compass Group Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2018

2.0

Sort:

Lead Hand Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Hamilton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Pretty straightforward, I knew a friend who worked here, and she forwarded a request for mid-level leaders. I always wanted a taste of sports, particularly game day activities, and applied for a lead hand position. My boss brought me in, asked me a few simple questions about leading, interacting with young people, and my answers were enough to get the gig.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you have worked with young people?   Answer Question

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada.

Interview

I submitted my application on the company website then had a phone interview. After that I was invited to come in to have a one on one interview with the Manager. I waited about 2 weeks to hear back and was offered the position via email.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

-Applied Online
    -Phone Screening
    -Face to Face (Behaviour and Excel test)
    -Wait for a reply back

Brush up on Excel (just know the basics and the rest is fine).
    -Food industry experience is nice but not required.

Interview Questions

• What's your top strength and weakness?
      Can you do a vlookup and set up a pivot table? Please demonstrate.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada.

Interview

This company will make you go through a psychometric test if you pass the first interview. Make sure to think about the position that you are applying for when you answer each questions. CGC provides excellent training. Employees are dedicated to the success of the company which makes it a great work environnement. You will be expected to work extented hours as your job is oriented on the results.

Interview Questions

• What will you do for us the first month, second month and third month?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their offer is very standardized. Except for the base salary their is not much that is opened for discussion. They offer a wide range of benefits.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada.

Interview

The interview was a joke. The interviewee were expecting a much senior candidate which was not highlighted in the job description that had been posted. No formal list of questions that were prepared. It was much like an informational session which ended in 20 minutes and was initially supposed to be for a hour

The job was reposted with a completely new description which now highlights what they are looking for. Poor job on behalf of the management and a complete waste of time for the candidate. It left a bad taste in my mouth for sure for a food service company.

Everyone's time should be valued and that is something you'd definitely want to look in a prospect employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current role/company
      Do you work with print media?
      How many campaigns do you manage in a year?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada in October 2010.

Interview

The first interview was done over the phone by recruiter and I heard nothing from the company for over a month. Then I was called for an 1:1 interview which was related to the job profile. I did well and I was contacted by HR manager and he sent me IQ and Personality test online. A week late I was called for group interview and I again did well. The whole process took 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe the situation when you had most stressed environment and how you managed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A call came from my hiring manager and he asked for salary expectations. He offered $5000 less than what I expected. I negotiated and he agree with what I asked. The offer letter came next day.

First Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fine.
    However the rest of the process took a month for them to get the paper work organized.
    There background checker wanted to know about the last 5 years of my life housing, work, credit check, criminal record check, 5 references.
    All in all it was extremely frustrating process.
    Management and supervisors are very unorganized.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (London, ON (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

I interviewd for a co-op position so it was a very casual interview. I basically just talked to the interviewer about what I liked to do and why I wanted to work there. Nothing technical

Interview Questions

• What I liked to do in class   1 Answer

Hospitality Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

they do an over the phone interview and tell u info about the company and the job and what the duties include. then you go in for an in person interview. i got hired right after the second interview so there will be tax information you will need to fill out. they will also tell you to bting a copy of your food safe certificate and a void cheque.

Interview Questions

• was there a time when you had to multitask and do a bunch of diffrent things at once and how were you sucessful at doing it.   Answer Question

Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online and several days later received an email invite for interview. Arrived at the place well in advance but since the place had security check-point, I wasn't able to go inside. The interviewer did not come out to take me inside and I had to phone them to remind them that I was here. The interview was short, about 10min. It was pleasant to talk to her. I did not get the job but was referred to another position, for which I had another interview with another manager. The same thing happened again when I arrived at the place for a second interview and the manager couldn't be bothered to come out to greet me. The security guard had to lead me inside to find the manager when it was past the interview time. The interview was short, about 10min again. The manager did not seem to know what position I was applying to. The manager assured me that I'd get a response within a few days. When I hadn't heard back, I tried to follow up, multiple times. All communications with this management went to nowhere. Not even a polite response saying that I was not not the right fit. The posting was still on the company website so I wasn't even sure if the position had been filled. Extremely disappointed in a company that treated potential candidates as such.