Compass Group Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Group Canada Interview Questions

Interviews at Compass Group Canada

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada.

Interview

The interview was taken in a Tim Hortons where they had a sign written Compass and we would wait for our turn, once we let them know that we were there for an interview. And we would wait for them to call us.

Presentation Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2019.

Interview

Upcoming and seasoned Marketing professionals...BEWARE.
    DO NOT preform any projects for potential employment.
    They demand a substantial assessment of your experience and when completed and delivered they lack the professionalism of contacting you back. DO NOT fall into their trap...your time is worth more than theirs.
    Good luck.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Got a typical screening call several weeks later and then was asked to interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager was late and came unprepared for the interview. Probably one of the worst places I ever interviewed at. Had a friend who was going in a few weeks later for a similar job. Exact same experience.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

-Applied Online
    -Phone Screening
    -Face to Face (Behaviour and Excel test)
    -Wait for a reply back

Brush up on Excel (just know the basics and the rest is fine).
    -Food industry experience is nice but not required.

Interview Questions

• What's your top strength and weakness?
      Can you do a vlookup and set up a pivot table? Please demonstrate.   Answer Question

Delivery Personnel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview was very relaxing and not as intimidating as other interviews. We sat down for a while where she asked a couple of behavior based questions. Asked if I was able to work under pressure and whether I valued timeliness above all else

Interview Questions

• Do I have the necessarily determination and wherewithal to succeed   1 Answer

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (London, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

it was very quick and not much to it. They just asked if I had any experience and how much, then I started the next morning. Did hiring package after the interview

Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online and several days later received an email invite for interview. Arrived at the place well in advance but since the place had security check-point, I wasn't able to go inside. The interviewer did not come out to take me inside and I had to phone them to remind them that I was here. The interview was short, about 10min. It was pleasant to talk to her. I did not get the job but was referred to another position, for which I had another interview with another manager. The same thing happened again when I arrived at the place for a second interview and the manager couldn't be bothered to come out to greet me. The security guard had to lead me inside to find the manager when it was past the interview time. The interview was short, about 10min again. The manager did not seem to know what position I was applying to. The manager assured me that I'd get a response within a few days. When I hadn't heard back, I tried to follow up, multiple times. All communications with this management went to nowhere. Not even a polite response saying that I was not not the right fit. The posting was still on the company website so I wasn't even sure if the position had been filled. Extremely disappointed in a company that treated potential candidates as such.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada.

Interview

The interview was a joke. The interviewee were expecting a much senior candidate which was not highlighted in the job description that had been posted. No formal list of questions that were prepared. It was much like an informational session which ended in 20 minutes and was initially supposed to be for a hour

The job was reposted with a completely new description which now highlights what they are looking for. Poor job on behalf of the management and a complete waste of time for the candidate. It left a bad taste in my mouth for sure for a food service company.

Everyone's time should be valued and that is something you'd definitely want to look in a prospect employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current role/company
      Do you work with print media?
      How many campaigns do you manage in a year?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

From time of application to receiving an offer took 3 weeks. First received an email to schedule a phone interview At the end of phone interview was told I would hear back later that day or the next day once I was presented as a candidate to the hiring manager. Received a call back later that day, scheduled an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Received another call two days later to schedule another in-person interview with the director of the department. Heard back at the end of the week asking for references and an offer. Interview questions were typically very straight forward about your experiences and qualifications. All 3: HR rep, hiring manager and director were very friendly and made me comfortable and at ease straight away.

Interview Questions

• During Phone Interview (approximately 20 minutes):
      - What do you know about the company (Compass Group)
      - Walk through resume chronologically about each experience
      - what you think will be biggest challenge with position
      - Describe a time you improved a process that saved time or money
      - how to deal with pressure
      - start date
      - salary expectation
      - anything i'd like the management to know that hasn't been mentioned

Interview with hiring manager (approximately 45 mins):
      - tell me about yourself
      - what do you know about the company (Foodbuy)
      - what do you know about the position
      - what method used to determine hidden data
      - short term goals
      - time went above and beyond for a client
      - what methods prefer to use to train/teach others, prefer one on one or with large audience
      - describe a time disagreed with supervisor or manager
      - what you think will be the biggest challenge with position
      - how do you learn new systems
      - do you prefer to work on your own or be directed
      - what i will bring to the company

Interview with director (approximately 45 mins):
      - tell me about yourself
      - what do you know about the company
      - how i found the job posting
      - why i have very diverse experience (work experience didn't correspond with education)
      - if the company is an actual right fit for me - basically how long i plan to stay
      - greatest strengths
      - what i look for in a manager
      - methods used to teach or train others
      - gave a 5 min tutorial/presentation teaching the director something   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter firm, S.I Systems, in January 2017, and I passed the first recruiter round, and S.I Systems sent in my application. I got called in for an in person interview 4 weeks later. Then I passed the in person interview, and I was given a technical challenge. After submitting my solution for the technical test, they accepted my answer and wanted me to go in-person to explain my approaches. I presented and explained my solution, and they asked me a lot of business case related questions. Some related to the technical test, some related to running a business. Mostly, they care a lot about driving sales. I was given a very positive feedback by the hiring manager right after the interview, but they completely ignored me after I tried to follow up with the status. I tried to follow up a few times, but they just completely disappeared.

Interview Questions

• If you are the general manager of 2 coffee shops, that are very close to each other (one on each side of a street), what would you do to drive sales for the 2 coffee shops. The coffee shops are franchised (such as Tim Horton, Second Cup), and sell exactly the same products.   1 Answer
    • How do you come up with a new product?   1 Answer
    • How do you know if you are selling high end product or low end product?   1 Answer
    • How do you gather data?   1 Answer