Compass Group Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Group Canada Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2017

1.9

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada.

Interview

The interview was a joke. The interviewee were expecting a much senior candidate which was not highlighted in the job description that had been posted. No formal list of questions that were prepared. It was much like an informational session which ended in 20 minutes and was initially supposed to be for a hour

The job was reposted with a completely new description which now highlights what they are looking for. Poor job on behalf of the management and a complete waste of time for the candidate. It left a bad taste in my mouth for sure for a food service company.

Everyone's time should be valued and that is something you'd definitely want to look in a prospect employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current role/company
      Do you work with print media?
      How many campaigns do you manage in a year?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

From time of application to receiving an offer took 3 weeks. First received an email to schedule a phone interview At the end of phone interview was told I would hear back later that day or the next day once I was presented as a candidate to the hiring manager. Received a call back later that day, scheduled an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Received another call two days later to schedule another in-person interview with the director of the department. Heard back at the end of the week asking for references and an offer. Interview questions were typically very straight forward about your experiences and qualifications. All 3: HR rep, hiring manager and director were very friendly and made me comfortable and at ease straight away.

Interview Questions

• During Phone Interview (approximately 20 minutes):
      - What do you know about the company (Compass Group)
      - Walk through resume chronologically about each experience
      - what you think will be biggest challenge with position
      - Describe a time you improved a process that saved time or money
      - how to deal with pressure
      - start date
      - salary expectation
      - anything i'd like the management to know that hasn't been mentioned

Interview with hiring manager (approximately 45 mins):
      - tell me about yourself
      - what do you know about the company (Foodbuy)
      - what do you know about the position
      - what method used to determine hidden data
      - short term goals
      - time went above and beyond for a client
      - what methods prefer to use to train/teach others, prefer one on one or with large audience
      - describe a time disagreed with supervisor or manager
      - what you think will be the biggest challenge with position
      - how do you learn new systems
      - do you prefer to work on your own or be directed
      - what i will bring to the company

Interview with director (approximately 45 mins):
      - tell me about yourself
      - what do you know about the company
      - how i found the job posting
      - why i have very diverse experience (work experience didn't correspond with education)
      - if the company is an actual right fit for me - basically how long i plan to stay
      - greatest strengths
      - what i look for in a manager
      - methods used to teach or train others
      - gave a 5 min tutorial/presentation teaching the director something   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter firm, S.I Systems, in January 2017, and I passed the first recruiter round, and S.I Systems sent in my application. I got called in for an in person interview 4 weeks later. Then I passed the in person interview, and I was given a technical challenge. After submitting my solution for the technical test, they accepted my answer and wanted me to go in-person to explain my approaches. I presented and explained my solution, and they asked me a lot of business case related questions. Some related to the technical test, some related to running a business. Mostly, they care a lot about driving sales. I was given a very positive feedback by the hiring manager right after the interview, but they completely ignored me after I tried to follow up with the status. I tried to follow up a few times, but they just completely disappeared.

Interview Questions

• If you are the general manager of 2 coffee shops, that are very close to each other (one on each side of a street), what would you do to drive sales for the 2 coffee shops. The coffee shops are franchised (such as Tim Horton, Second Cup), and sell exactly the same products.   1 Answer
    • How do you come up with a new product?   1 Answer
    • How do you know if you are selling high end product or low end product?   1 Answer
    • How do you gather data?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone screening. The phone screening was pretty straight forward, was asked about previous experience related to the job and why I wanted to work with the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a perfect fit for this position?   Answer Question

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada.

Interview

I submitted my application on the company website then had a phone interview. After that I was invited to come in to have a one on one interview with the Manager. I waited about 2 weeks to hear back and was offered the position via email.

Banquet Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada in January 2016.

Interview

Got face-to-face interview by a manager. I got a survey for basic information and a list of questions for providing services and altitude. Majorly focused on customer service experiences and detailed experiences on services

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the most important thing to provide a service to customer?   Answer Question

Hospitality Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

they do an over the phone interview and tell u info about the company and the job and what the duties include. then you go in for an in person interview. i got hired right after the second interview so there will be tax information you will need to fill out. they will also tell you to bting a copy of your food safe certificate and a void cheque.

Interview Questions

• was there a time when you had to multitask and do a bunch of diffrent things at once and how were you sucessful at doing it.   Answer Question

Lead Hand Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Hamilton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Pretty straightforward, I knew a friend who worked here, and she forwarded a request for mid-level leaders. I always wanted a taste of sports, particularly game day activities, and applied for a lead hand position. My boss brought me in, asked me a few simple questions about leading, interacting with young people, and my answers were enough to get the gig.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you have worked with young people?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

1 week after application, there was a phone screening. The phone screening was straight forward, asked about leadership, previous experience related to the job. Then 1 week after, an in person interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Compass Group? What is you leadership style?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Talked to a manager in the office, she asked what I knew about this specific Second Cup or about Second Cup franchise. Seemed very eager to hire, almost desperate for a new employee. They didn't care that I didnt have experience in any coffee shops but liked that I was a lifeguard. They said they liked hiring people with diverse backgrounds. They said I had a nice smile and seemed welcoming. Didn't ask many questions, almost seemed like they were selling the job to me. They called me 3 hours later to offer me the position.