Compass Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I had to take an Excel test, Accounting test and Personality test in which I passed them all. Then had a Dry interview with two people with drilling questions. The lady was sick and coughing the whole time, and not friendly. The man was upbeat and polite. The lady talked fast and I didn't understand her questions and didn't understand why she had an attitude. I asked plenty of questions but she hardly couldn't answer them. The interview was a waste of my time because she seemed like she didn't like interviewing beautiful women.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about each of your jobs   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your jobs   1 Answer

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Compass Group (Dearborn, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Apply online. Recieve a call fron recruiter pushing for an interview. Neet the interviewer . answer a few questions. Never heard back from the interviewer or recruiter. Made numerous attenpts to contact. Mainly for feedback purposes . dont want to work for a company that operates like this

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group (Westland, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

First phone interview seemed to go well. Was told that I would receive a call within a week to set up a second interview and if I had any questions I could email or call the recruiter at any time. It has now been over two weeks and I have heard nothing. I have tried reaching out to the recruiter by phone and email, and he has not bothered to respond. Poor representation of a great company!

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with a P & L statement?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rye Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (Rye Brook, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

VP Marketing interviewed me after a phone interview. Took 2 week for initial interview. no communication between phone and actual interview. interviewer did not know what i was there for. Interview was at 3pm. Attended me at 3:20pm. interview completed by 3:46pm. Told I was very qualified for position and would communicate with me after all interview were complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Did you bring a portfolio? Let's see your previous work?   1 Answer
    • Do yo know about us? Chartwell Higher Education?   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Compass Group (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR
    Personality profile
    Phone Interview with Regional VP
    Face to face with VP
    Speak to other employees with the same position but different territory
    30-60-90 Day Business Plan

Fortunately, I was working during the process because the company takes their time, carefully vetting applicants. I was able to advance to the final step where only a few candidates remained. Unfortunately, I was not chosen. However, I was so impressed with the company and the opinion of the other employees that I would interview again if a position in my region opened.

Interview Questions

• What is the plan for targeting clients for this position?
      How do you know if the target is a viable customer? What criteria would you base it on?   1 Answer

Caterer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group (Andover, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Already employee, want to transfer closer to home. Still had to do on line app, and no call backs. Should be able to transfer without reapplying if there is a vacancy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to transfer?? Does your current manager know??   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Being hired can be difficult, in the interview, you really have to impress them with your words and confidence. It can be hard but I was always told to be myself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Compass Group Chartwells   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Started with phone screen by HR department and then a phone screen from hiring manager. After making it though phone screens, participated in panel interview where case study was presented along with additional interview questions.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

The interview in itself was very confusing. One of the interviewee's who was hiring for the role seemed very disinterested. They had no formal questions prepared for the interview. Just random questions and it was more like an informal discussion.

The job discussion was modified and reposted hours after the interview which was much indicative of the real role a candidate would undertake which was completely different from the one posted previously

It was a complete waste of candidate time and energy spent to prepare for the interview. Had a proper job description been posted in the first place there would have been no confusion in terms of expectations for the candidate or the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the company?
      Tell us what you did in your previous role.
      Tell us more about your current company   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Let me go to the office, i sat down and he told me to introduce myself for a bit and I did. Then he introduced the whole thing and I left