Compass Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.3

119 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

Intense, was only asked to tell me about myself and how much I wanted in compensation. Wasn't really much of an interview since it was almost completely guaranteed I'd get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.

What are you expecting in terms of compensation?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process was in-depth, multiple rounds of interviews including a presentation. The recruiter was very informative throughout the process, followed up after each step so that I was never kept wondering.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

talent interview, then district manager interview and live interview to follow. Interviews were done through phone and at the location. Met with district manager, foodservice director, along with regional chef.

Regional Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

I applied online, had one phone interview with HR then a phone interview with Regional VP then in person with Regional VP. I immediately was asked to do an assessment after the first interview. This is a DISC assessment. In person interview was one hour. It was very intense with many scenario questions and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the last non fiction book your read. What was the last thing you taught yourself.   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Irving, TX).

Interview

There was no interview at all. Showed up to "interview" and I was told the job was mine. To go check out the place and let them know if I accept. No questions were asked. After accepting I was told I was starting the next day and had to show up for a training.

Union Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Had an excel test and a field account quiz (both very basic). Then had a scenario test to see if I could calculate pension from a CBA. 2 total interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this role?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your resume?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I interviewed at Compass Group (Hartford, CT) in September 2017.

Interview

You apply online, recruiter calls, assessment, reference rd an interviiew client meeting offer accept or decline, backround check ect. Very informatative recruiter. Talked about all benefits of the job and how much they enjoy working for the company

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Compass Group (Germantown, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Through a mutual contact, I reached out to my current director, who hired me 10 years ago. After a series of phone calls and interviews I came to do my chef test. The experience was very positive and I was very excited to return to Morrison

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to help return the account to greatness.   1 Answer
    • Even though I own a restaurant in the area, would I be able to commit the time necessary to get the account into great shape.   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview consisted of a meeting with the assistant general manager with basic interview questions, and then was followed by a second interview with the general manager. A few days later I was called in to "try out" for an evening during service hours.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Compass Group (Binghamton, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Extremely rude, condisending! Very short with questions, like she was annoyed! She was so rude, she'd say " this is what I'm asking and this is how I expect you to answer". I should never had gone there, big time regrets!

Interview Questions

• If someone wasn't happy with my cleaning, what would I do?   1 Answer