Compass Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.3

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Compass Group (Binghamton, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Extremely rude, condisending! Very short with questions, like she was annoyed! She was so rude, she'd say " this is what I'm asking and this is how I expect you to answer". I should never had gone there, big time regrets!

Interview Questions

• If someone wasn't happy with my cleaning, what would I do?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

3 Part Process with a recruiter in the middle. 1st part: one-on-one with direct manager. 2nd part: Panel interview. 3rd: a presentation on 2 topics. The majority of the board was pleasant and asked questions in a round robin fashion.

Interview Questions

• Greatest Strengths/Weakness, Specific IFRS questions, Excel skills, Expectations   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Compass Group (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR
    Personality profile
    Phone Interview with Regional VP
    Face to face with VP
    Speak to other employees with the same position but different territory
    30-60-90 Day Business Plan

Fortunately, I was working during the process because the company takes their time, carefully vetting applicants. I was able to advance to the final step where only a few candidates remained. Unfortunately, I was not chosen. However, I was so impressed with the company and the opinion of the other employees that I would interview again if a position in my region opened.

Interview Questions

• What is the plan for targeting clients for this position?
      How do you know if the target is a viable customer? What criteria would you base it on?
      1 Answer

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I had to take an Excel test, Accounting test and Personality test in which I passed them all. Then had a Dry interview with two people with drilling questions. The lady was sick and coughing the whole time, and not friendly. The man was upbeat and polite. The lady talked fast and I didn't understand her questions and didn't understand why she had an attitude. I asked plenty of questions but she hardly couldn't answer them. The interview was a waste of my time because she seemed like she didn't like interviewing beautiful women.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about each of your jobs   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your jobs   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Seven interviews total with a variety of professionals ranging from Project Managers and Directors to the operational RVP. Various stages of interviewing included 1 on 1 interviews (via phone and Skype), panel interview and presentation, and various online skills and personality assessments. The total process was very lengthy. Position preferred but did not require previous PM formal experience.

Interview Questions

• Case study including project plan; How do you influence people in a PM position where you have no actual authority over the project team?   Answer Question

Bookings Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group (Redmond, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great, and the management realized I had much more potential than the position that I initially applied for and ended up offering me a better job after my first interview with higher pay.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking to make your next position a career?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Started with phone screen by HR department and then a phone screen from hiring manager. After making it though phone screens, participated in panel interview where case study was presented along with additional interview questions.

Resident Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

HR Phone Interview. In person Interview. SIte Inspection. In person interview

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult client when working as a 3rd party supplier   Answer Question

Negotiation

Phone offer followed up by letter via email.

Operations Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Compass Group (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter, telephone interview with HR Manager, interview with HR Director, Interview with Managing Director & HR Director, job offer

Negotiation

Negotiate to what you believe you are worth

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Compass Group (Germantown, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Through a mutual contact, I reached out to my current director, who hired me 10 years ago. After a series of phone calls and interviews I came to do my chef test. The experience was very positive and I was very excited to return to Morrison

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to help return the account to greatness.   1 Answer
    • Even though I own a restaurant in the area, would I be able to commit the time necessary to get the account into great shape.   1 Answer